English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pivasso Iv Segmented Mode Problem (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98750)

Zilog 08 September 2019 22:21

Pivasso Iv Segmented Mode Problem

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Toni,
with base conf Amiga 4000 - 040 - 32Mb ram + PicassoIV if i try install Picasso96 driver i have this warning:

Piccasso96.JPG

If finish install , reboot the ScreenPref detect only Aga mode.

Thanks a lot.

hexaae 09 September 2019 12:00

https://i.ibb.co/cczTd4W/image.png
https://i.ibb.co/R0rX50x/image.png

These are my RTG emu (P96) settingsā€¦ try changing yours. Remember you have to put in DEVS:Monitors/Uaegfx monitor driver (included in WinUAE archive).

Saghalie 09 September 2019 20:06

I downloaded your .uae file and started a system from that file. I of course had to create
a system from scratch and it worked perfectly.

I installed the Picasso96 files with no problem.

So I'm not sure what your issue could be other than that you might not have a correctly
installed picasso96 system.

You could check your Screenmode and select a different screen resolution and see if that
works.

I realize you are not using UaeGFX but PicassoIV Zorro III .. so make sure you are using
the correct board.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Toni Wilen 09 September 2019 20:19

Perhaps old/bad Picasso96 installation file? (There is no PicassoII configured)

Try using expert installation mode (did Picasso96 autodetect if not expert mode? I don't remember..) and tick only required drivers.

Zilog 09 September 2019 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexaae (Post 1344502)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saghalie (Post 1344550)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1344552)

Very thanks for help!!!

.....It a version of Picasso96 driver....with 2.0 are ok.....2.1b e 2.1e there is a problem.

Thanks again!!!
By.

AC/DC HACKER! 29 September 2019 04:28

I encountered the same problem when I was testing those releases beyond 2.zero. If you pay for the newest release of P96.., 2.4 I think I have, you won't notice that. Works great with my WinUAE and true Amiga 4000 with Picasso 4 OS 3.5 and 3.1.4.1. That error message doesn't appear. Unless you change the jumper before installing.

Beside the point of the thread here, I'm hoping for a new Beta or release of the CVisionPPC driver. Ahhh...

Anyway, glad you noticed the problem.

Zilog 29 September 2019 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! (Post 1348390)
I encountered the same problem when I was testing those releases beyond 2.zero. If you pay for the newest release of P96.., 2.4 I think I have, you won't notice that. Works great with my WinUAE and true Amiga 4000 with Picasso 4 OS 3.5 and 3.1.4.1. That error message doesn't appear. Unless you change the jumper before installing.

Beside the point of the thread here, I'm hoping for a new Beta or release of the CVisionPPC driver. Ahhh...

Anyway, glad you noticed the problem.

Try to change this setting:
A) Disable Data Chace Emulation
B) The Jit must be setting into Direct
C) Change to rom into Original UAE (FS+F0 Rom)

Thomas Richter 29 September 2019 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! (Post 1348390)

I afraid this would only happen if someone would sponsor or lend me a system with a CVisionPPC in it. I currently have neither a CVisionPPC, leave alone a system where I could install one.

AC/DC HACKER! 04 October 2019 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Richter (Post 1348437)
I afraid this would only happen if someone would sponsor or lend me a system with a CVisionPPC in it. I currently have neither a CVisionPPC, leave alone a system where I could install one.

I get it, I get it. As I replied in another thread..I'd be very willing to loan you one of mine A4000's with a CyberStorm and the CyberVisonPPC if you'd be willing to pay to send it back. But as another replied (I'm not great with names..) it would be better for someone more local.

Is ANYONE with an A4000 CyberVision or BlizzardPPC willing to help? Perhaps making a new thread to ask this very question would get some to come out of the "woodwork" in Germany or close?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zilog (Post 1348403)
Try to change this setting:
A) Disable Data Chace Emulation
B) The Jit must be setting into Direct
C) Change to rom into Original UAE (FS+F0 Rom)

Data Cache is always disabled in my CyberStormPPC / 68zer060 config. If I enable it, it always shows as disabled when running.

When I have JIT enabled, it's always Indirect. I almost completely use a clone of my A4000 with CSPPC. JIT disables Data Cache.

Zilog 05 October 2019 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! (Post 1349491)
Data Cache is always disabled in my CyberStormPPC / 68zer060 config. If I enable it, it always shows as disabled when running.

When I have JIT enabled, it's always Indirect. I almost completely use a clone of my A4000 with CSPPC. JIT disables Data Cache.

I see , if you use a CSPPC, the accelaror has maprom, it disable direct mode.
Only fot test , leave the accelerator and use diretly 68060 and Pcc cpu, the system go however; set direct mode in the jitter and use in "Tab Rom" Origanal UAE (FS + F0Rom).
You try install Picasso96 driver.
Aftet come nack at your orginal conf and see the function the rtg card.

Good luck.

AC/DC HACKER! 13 October 2019 01:00

Luck good/bad is a goofy mindset. Something either works, or doesn't. It will work or it won't...there isn't any "maybe" or superstition. :)

The segment mode message in that installer can be ignored. That's what I did. anyway. I ignored it and went through it. My Picasso 4 wasn't in segment mode. But I brought it to attention to this form in a different thread. That's why I commented here about newer P96..vs an older beta update to more current.

Tony has also added Picasso 4 Zorro 2 and Zorro 3 modes to WinUAE since then. At some point I'll test those more. But I've been doing a lot of other stuff with my real A4000 and WinUAE lately.

I'm not using MapROM.. With OS 3.1.4.1 it's not really _need_. It's a bit quicker than OS 3.5, and 3.1.3.1 is like 3.9 got kicked in the ass to actually function better. Haha! Great job with the continued support - all involved.