English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.EAB (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   support.hardware - sections? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=94439)

BMD 29 September 2018 19:39

support.hardware - sections?

can we get an A500, A600, A1000 etc section in hardware so its easier to browse??? me donate big kahunas:lol

DH 29 September 2018 19:45

Wrong forum BMD, this needs to be moved into Project.EAB

Any GM's please :)

DamienD 29 September 2018 19:59

Done ;)

I take it you obviously mean under the support.hardware section BMD?

DH 29 September 2018 20:48

I presume he does too DamienD, my only problem with adding these sub-forums is, there's 10915 threads that require checking and moving to the correct sub forums. Also, does BMD also want the "Hardware mods" and "Hardware pics" separated into their own sub-forums as well.

This may not really be feasible due to the amount of work it'll create. It can be done, but is it really worth the effort.

DamienD 29 September 2018 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DH (Post 1272741)
my only problem with adding these sub-forums is, there's 10915 threads that require checking and moving to the correct sub forums.

I thought the same; more work for mods... and there will probably be threads that fit under numerous sections...

Anyway, I can tell you that I definitely won't be undertaking this manual task; maybe the support.Hardware moderator i.e. Jope is up for doing this? :cheese

...that's if RCK thinks it's a good idea to create these sub-sections in the first place.

Also, thread title changed.

DH 29 September 2018 21:10

Yes, I too noticed that the support.Hardware moderator was Jope and I too think that Jope will almost definitely jump at the chance to help his fellow GM's in taking on this huge task all by himself if it's a go-ahead.

Perhaps someone should point Jope to this thread so he can explain how happy he'd be by undertaking the nightmare that will lie before him :lol

But seriously, Jope is probably the right person to discuss this as he could see other reasons for not doing this that we simply miss, along with RCK, of course, too.

BippyM 29 September 2018 21:12

Maybe a script to run through the posts searching for a500, a1000 etc.. If there's one mention it's moved, if there's mention of multiple systems it's either left, or moved to a generic sub-forum!

DH 29 September 2018 21:22

A better way would be to only search the thread title and first post for "a500", "a1000" etc, or we could end up with every thread placed into the generic sub-forum and be no further forward.

First post should contain all the details required for the search + it's what sets the thread conversation ;)

BMD 29 September 2018 21:33

Well yes, but i didnt mean to start a mod war /hides in corner...

Jope 29 September 2018 22:25

I don't think it's feasible to split any more at this point in time.