English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.TOSEC (amiga only) (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Uploaded more Argentine hacks and stuff on the FTP (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=87417)

Amiga1992 02 June 2017 20:24

Uploaded more Argentine hacks and stuff on the FTP

I uploaded a bunch of disks that I have not ripped myself, they were found around by me and ripped by Argentine collectors like "el piloto". So all credit to them.
I passed them through the latest DATs and renamed everything it didn't recognize to the best of my abilities.

Unfortunately there's a LOT of virused shit and checksum errors, shame, because I see versions that are not found in TOSEC.
I keep wondering if the condition of these disks is due to age and careless passing around or if these shops really sold disks in this state, with bad sectors and viruses.

Anyway, I dunno what you do with this stuff, but I uploaded it to my folder:
~Uploads/Akira/Argentine Hacks (non-TOSEC)/

Hopefully it's useful for the TOSEC team to catalog.

I'm still working through Wiroma, renaming all disks I can make work.

mai 03 June 2017 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 1162443)
I uploaded a bunch of disks that I have not ripped myself, they were found around by me and ripped by Argentine collectors like "el piloto". So all credit to them.
I passed them through the latest DATs and renamed everything it didn't recognize to the best of my abilities.

Unfortunately there's a LOT of virused shit and checksum errors, shame, because I see versions that are not found in TOSEC.
I keep wondering if the condition of these disks is due to age and careless passing around or if these shops really sold disks in this state, with bad sectors and viruses.

Anyway, I dunno what you do with this stuff, but I uploaded it to my folder:
~Uploads/Akira/Argentine Hacks (non-TOSEC)/

Hopefully it's useful for the TOSEC team to catalog.

I'm still working through Wiroma, renaming all disks I can make work.

Thanks for upload!:great
About those bad disks:
In general it is no problem for us to fix those bad disks to its working original, as long there isnt affected an unique sector/file.

About Wiroma:
As said in another thread, this collection is known to us, a lot of disks already added to TOSEC.
You do not need to rename it for TOSEC.

...obviously the new upload contains a lot of files of WIROMA collection!

Amiga1992 06 June 2017 16:50

No problem! As I said all I did was sort of rename them and check if they were bad etc. All the work of dumping was thanks to guys like El Piloto.

About Wiroma, I downloaded the latest DAT and a lot of it from Wiroma wasn't recognized. So I am confused.
Only about 400 disks were recognized, but 900 weren't. I started renaming those 900.

I still need to get to my own Amiga disks but I am a whole continent apart for the time being. I'm sure I have at least a couple of interesting things to provide.