English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.OtherUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Uae4arm (arm jit) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=78037)

Baboon 13 July 2016 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by liveevil (Post 1100954)
You must have completely ignored my post above http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=192 :lol

Oops! Apologies I'll try this later. I woke up this morning and posted without checking other posts. haha

lubomyr 13 July 2016 14:41

I have success with running new JIT(3) on Commodore Pet.
But it works only if 'multithread video' feature is enable in sdl-menu.
For example another device Thl w200 can run with new JIT without this feature.

performance is also great

Sysinfo (Dhrystrones)

Commodore pet
prev. JIT(2) - 165xxx
new JIT(3?) - 201xxx

Thl W200
prev. JIT(2) - 120xxx
new JIT(3?) - 139xxx

uae4arm with new JIT
uae4arm-debug-13072016-newapi.apk
uae4arm-debug-13072016-oldapi.apk

old api version you can use only if new api version crashes after SDL-logo.
if you have crash on start emulation you can try enable or disable multithread video in startup sdl-menu
I recommend enable Multithread video (in any way it better affected on performance)

liveevil 13 July 2016 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubomyr (Post 1100995)
I have success with running new JIT(3) on Commodore Pet.
But it works only if 'multithread video' feature is enable in sdl-menu.
For example another device Thl w200 can run with new JIT without this feature.

uae4arm with new JIT
uae4arm-debug-13072016-newapi.apk
uae4arm-debug-13072016-oldapi.apk

old api version you can use only if new api version crashes after SDL-logo.
if you have crash on start emulation you can try enable or disable multithread video in startup sdl-menu
I recommend enable Multithread video (in any way it better affected on performance)

I'll give this a try in a few hours, thanks. Did you also manage to fix the keys that you said were not working (ALT for example which is needed to change control method).

Any news on a physical Start/Play button for CD32 ? We have 3 buttons on joypad that enter the UAE4Arm GUI !

liveevil 13 July 2016 16:26

Just tested, newapi version works fine on mine, with or without multi thread video.

Another annoyance I found, because we no longer have joystick button presets, the fire button is the old auto-fire button so you have to turn auto-fire off.

Is one of the keys that doesn't work properly PrtScr * ? I can't use this to quit WHDLoad anymore.

Baboon 13 July 2016 19:24

New api version still hangs instantly on sdl screen before you can actually click on it to change anything (and sorry lubomyr but I haven't had the chance yet to install android sdk to my pc to test for you yet)?

Oldapi version again works fine on my Sony z3c and nvidia tablet. Testing more cd32 games now...

lubomyr 13 July 2016 19:26

If somebody who have a problem (crash after sdl-logo) with newapi version please try to catch log of running uae4arm with tag "SDL" and post here or send me via pm.
For rooted device: you can use catlog or logcat app from googleplay.
For not rooted device: connect android device to pc via usb-cable, and run via console
adb logcat -s "SDL"
It requires ADB driver or android SDK

Baboon 14 July 2016 07:30

I've tested quite a few cd32 games now and they seem more a less perfect (a bit of sound stuttering on a few games but that might be my game rips?). There's a few games i don't seem to be able to start (gunship 2000) but I guess this is because of no physical play/pause button?

liveevil 14 July 2016 13:41

Hi, Lubomyr. Are you still in the process of fixing the broken keys (includes ALT to change control mode and PrtScr * for WHDLoad) or is this the final version ?

Is it possible to add the Pandora Start button to Start on Joypad ?

MP3 audio for CD32 doesn't work on Android, TomB said 'lib mpg123' might be missing. Could this be added to UAE4Arm ?

Because we no longer have joypad button presets, the fire button is the auto-fire button from previous UAE4Arm. We have to turn off auto fire or a lot of games cant be played properly.

Thanks.

lubomyr 14 July 2016 15:40

liveevil,

I still don't know how to fix broken keys
I don't know if button for change control mode implemented in uae4arm. It works with uae4all2. But for both emulators all ALT references replaced with F11 keycodes.That mean if it will be implemented, it be work via F11 keycode.

lib mpg123 implemented in android version. But i don't know if it works. Tell me which cd32 game uses it and i will try to check.

It is not a final version.
For final version i want :
- fix broken keys in keyboard
- fix new api version for some device where it crashes after sdl-logo. I need logfile with tag "SDL" for fix it.
- I still don't know which JIT use for final version. I will wait feedbacks if new jit works for all armv7-based android devices.
- virtual keyboard fill visible part of text field in configurations menu. I want to fix it.
- disable virtual keyboard for device without tochscreen (pine64, odroid etc..)

karamoon 14 July 2016 16:12

Hi, lubomyr...

I ask you for some screens options like scanlines,crt,hqx,etc. for uae4all2 and you tell me no. it is possible to add this option in this uae4arm version?

Thanks!

lubomyr 14 July 2016 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baboon (Post 1101087)
I've tested quite a few cd32 games now and they seem more a less perfect (a bit of sound stuttering on a few games but that might be my game rips?). There's a few games i don't seem to be able to start (gunship 2000) but I guess this is because of no physical play/pause button?

Please don't forget to set "dpad as CD32 contr." for Port1 in Input menu

I tried to run cd32 version of GunShip 2000 and successfuly start mission.

lubomyr 14 July 2016 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by karamoon (Post 1101149)
I ask you for some screens options like scanlines,crt,hqx,etc. for uae4all2 and you tell me no. it is possible to add this option in this uae4arm version?

I don't know how to implement it.

karamoon 14 July 2016 16:30

ok, no problem. The emu its great anyway, thank you so much for your work!.

liveevil 14 July 2016 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubomyr (Post 1101145)
liveevil,

I still don't know how to fix broken keys
I don't know if button for change control mode implemented in uae4arm. It works with uae4all2. But for both emulators all ALT references replaced with F11 keycodes.That mean if it will be implemented, it be work via F11 keycode.

lib mpg123 implemented in android version. But i don't know if it works. Tell me which cd32 game uses it and i will try to check.

In all previous versions of UAE4Arm except this latest one the ALT key was used to switch between Joystick/Mouse/Stylus control (you could use the joypad buttons as the mouse buttons). What button is it now or it cant be changed because the ALT keys don't work ?

The CD32 games I use have all the audio tracks in MP3 format (which saves an amazing amount of space and unnoticeable difference in quality because CD32 audio was poor anyway). They don't play on UAE4Arm but work fine in WinUAE. As you say, I don't think 'lib mpg123' is working.

EDIT. It seems TomB has made a lot of changes to the control methods specifically for the Pandora control layout, all the buttons and CD32 buttons are in the correct place on a Pandora but for joypads they are all in the wrong place, we need to change to Custom Controls, and the Start button enters the GUI which it shouldn't.

lubomyr 14 July 2016 17:39

liveevil,
I tried version builded 27.06.2016 and switching control mode via ALT doesn't work with it. May be it worked with more older version. But in any way if it will work in newest version it be via F11 (not ALT key).
I can't say anything about mp3 (and lib mpg123) because all cd32 games which i found used wave-format.

liveevil 14 July 2016 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubomyr (Post 1101167)
liveevil,
I tried version builded 27.06.2016 and switching control mode via ALT doesn't work with it. May be it worked with more older version. But in any way if it will work in newest version it be via F11 (not ALT key).
I can't say anything about mp3 (and lib mpg123) because all cd32 games which i found used wave-format.

All versions before TomB's last 2 JIT updates had the ALT button to switch between Mouse/Joystick/Stylus but I think TomB has got rid of it and changed it to 'set nubs as mouse' and 'set dpad as mouse' etc. Maybe that's why you can't get some of the keys to work.

Is there no way for you to check why 'lib mpg123' doesn't work ? WAV files take up a huge amount of space and the quality is not worth the filesize.

Baboon 14 July 2016 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubomyr (Post 1101152)
Please don't forget to set "dpad as CD32 contr." for Port1 in Input menu

I tried to run cd32 version of GunShip 2000 and successfuly start mission.

Yep I can get into a game now thanks.

I've tested many cd32 games now and they play great. All my rips are in wav but on my tablet I've got 128gb so space isn't a problem.

I'm not getting sound effects but only music in ik+ though? Defender of the Crown cdtv has some stuttering audio and Flink has some background graphics flashing too but everything else seems spot on?

Thanks very much for porting this... Love playing my cd32 with full audio on my tablet and pad. Happy days. :)

lubomyr 15 July 2016 00:51

android port of uae4arm updated

uae4arm-debug-14072016-newapi.apk

changes:
- text fields and buttons in configurations menu moved to top part of screen. Now it visible with active virtual keyboard.
- in OnScreen menu added new feature "Disable virtual keyboard in menu". For normal use with android device without touchscreen with real keyboard (pine64, odroid, etc...).
No other changes.

Higgy 15 July 2016 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubomyr (Post 1101228)
android port of uae4arm updated

- in OnScreen menu added new feature "Disable virtual keyboard in menu". For normal use with android device without touchscreen with real keyboard (pine64, odroid, etc...).
No other changes.

Thanks for this. I will try and test over the weekend with the Android PC devices I have.

Baboon 15 July 2016 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubomyr (Post 1101033)
If somebody who have a problem (crash after sdl-logo) with newapi version please try to catch log of running uae4arm with tag "SDL" and post here or send me via pm.
For rooted device: you can use catlog or logcat app from googleplay.
For not rooted device: connect android device to pc via usb-cable, and run via console
adb logcat -s "SDL"
It requires ADB driver or android SDK

Check your pm's. ;)