English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   flashback (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=96933)

albino 04 April 2019 01:07

flashback

Just find out that flashback is a megadrive port, that's trahison!
Always thought this game was designed for amiga..

Seiya 04 April 2019 14:45

because from Amiga pov it was more easy make a conversion than develop from scratch. However Amiga and Sega was in good relationship

onkelarie 05 April 2019 08:13

I had both amiga and megadrive live happy side by side on my desk back then. Both equally awesome (well,amiga a bit more:)), but I found the MD Flashback version to be slightly superior. Still not sure why though.

gimbal 05 April 2019 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by onkelarie (Post 1314729)
I had both amiga and megadrive live happy side by side on my desk back then. Both equally awesome (well,amiga a bit more:)), but I found the MD Flashback version to be slightly superior. Still not sure why though.

The Amiga version is slightly more awesome, but the MD version is slightly superior. Why do you hurt my brain :help

Hedeon 05 April 2019 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimbal (Post 1314768)
The Amiga version is slightly more awesome, but the MD version is slightly superior. Why do you hurt my brain :help

Almost correct in your interpretation. I think you should leave out version here. :-D

albino 06 April 2019 19:14

[QUOTE=onkelarie;1314729]I had both amiga and megadrive live happy side by side on my desk back then. Both equally awesome (well,amiga a bit more:)), but I found the MD Flashback version to be slightly superior. Still not sure why though.[/

Exectly the same reason mega turrican superior than turrican 3..:nuts

Retro-Nerd 06 April 2019 19:16

Mega Turrican was more polished on the MD. Factor 5 spent much more time to make it nearly perfect. Flashback it pretty good on both machines. Since the full CD32 controller support via WHDLoad i prefer the Amiga version though.

albino 11 April 2019 21:31

After testing the megadrive version i have to aknowledge his edge over his amiga counterpart !

gimbal 12 April 2019 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedeon (Post 1314773)
Almost correct in your interpretation. I think you should leave out version here. :-D

Ah okay, I see where I went wrong :)

Seiya 12 April 2019 14:30

Mega Turrican on Mega Drive is more Arcade with better graphics, better seabed, much more colors and great audio.
Amiga version play better single instruments, but sample are not good like Sega version.

you can make simple test: load Amiga version, close eye and listen to music: make the same thing with Mega drive version. It's not a subjective thing.

onkelarie 12 April 2019 14:32

Quote:

LOL okay, that was a bit confusing:) I meant, both platforms are awesome, the Amiga being a bit more awesome than Sega Megadrive.

However, I liked Sega's Flashback conversion more than the Amiga release.

EDIT: *Hits myself against the head* and thus it was already concluded as such in the thread above:)

drHirudo 12 April 2019 16:27

The best ports of Flashback, Out of This World (Another World) and Prince of Persia (1 and 2) are unfortunately for Apple Macintosh. The period in early 1990-ies, the Mac were one of the most graphics capable machines and since they had "high" resolution displays as default 640x480 - many of the games support these resolutions, unlike the low resed Amiga and DOS 320x240 resolutions.

Hillsy_ 13 April 2019 20:10

Flashback on the megadrive is excellent.

Anubis 16 April 2019 19:59

Quote:

Sounds like impossible task, without brain... :crazy :cheese

Have 2 MD carts for Flashback - one of them not working. :( Never managed to open it and see what's going on in there...

LongLifeA1200 27 April 2019 16:50

What's this about 'Flashback' being better on the Mega Drive? Nothing better about it.