English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RESHOOT PROXIMA III – New game from the RESHOOT R guys (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=99325)

buzzybee 25 January 2020 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1374273)
I don't want to start everything off again; but when Rochabian said "Really better method of teasing this time." he means that it's good that you've now provided all information as opposed to leaving it behind some Patreon pay wall:

Spreading the impression that I put "all information" behind a paywall is just wrong. I posted videos, provide lots of information and talk at events without any paywall, for many years. Will continue to do so.

Additionally (!), I take time and add some look-behind-the-scene-stuff to my Patreon-Website. No one is forced to support these Patreon-ambitions. If you don´t need / want them, I am perfectly fine with that. In this case, enjoy many more development-videos than I ever did before.

Or talk to me at the Skype-chat today 2:30 pm UTC, if you are at SWAG#10.

DamienD 25 January 2020 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzybee (Post 1374278)
Spreading the impression that I put "all information" behind a paywall is just wrong. I posted videos, provide lots of information and talk at events without any paywall, for many years. Will continue to do so.

I know you don't put "all information" behind some Patreon paywall constantly...

That wouldn't be a very clever move, and would really hurt your marketing engine :rolleyes

You do post some stuff on all Amiga forums worldwide; where you get free advertising / promotions... and of course this is a benefit to yourself.

Anyway, enough said. Just trying to point out that this latest self-marketing post by you isn't that noble in my book.

Rochabian 25 January 2020 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1374273)

Nothing noble being done here in my opinion, just clever marketing...

Yes, but this is a good move and needs to be encouraged.

malko 25 January 2020 22:28

Thanks buzzybee :great
Looks it's going to be a "not easy game" :p

buzzybee 29 January 2020 12:57

I implemented a major code modification for the purpose of much more control over the bullet behavior. Some wise people say, that this is one of the most important puzzle pieces to form a shmup game. I tend to agree.

Sharing some thoughts and a short video on my Patreon-page. Feel free to read and have a look!

vulture 29 January 2020 13:13

Looks very good!

Ami 29 January 2020 17:03

Looks promising. :great

buzzybee 05 March 2020 12:04

The engine is ready enough now, so Kevin and I started to work on actual level design. You can find a bit of background info and some pictures on my Patreon website - please feel free to check it out!

JoeJoe 05 March 2020 15:38

Wow nice one!

kriz 05 March 2020 15:38

Shaping up well, exciting project !!

HonsterGamer 07 March 2020 23:36

cant wait to try it looked amazing from the amigos footage i saw.

invent 08 March 2020 12:24

“Juggling multiple hats” Richard and I are in discussions with some bigger enemy designs right now, testing out some ideas.

thairacerjp 08 March 2020 17:04

georgous ! take your time for the perfect vertical shoot EvEr :) you are awesome team.

buzzybee 21 March 2020 12:32

The virus slowed development down a bit, but it can´t stop it.

If you got a few minutes to spare, please feel invited to visit my Patreon website and read my short editorial piece about Corona, family life and what´s it all to do with RESHOOT PROXIMA 3. Enjoy a few insights into the life of a retro gamedeveloper in these strange days. The post is accessible to Patreons and Non-Patreons alike!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/35100573

OlafSch 21 March 2020 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzybee (Post 1386499)
The virus slowed development down a bit, but it can´t stop it.

If you got a few minutes to spare, please feel invited to visit my Patreon website and read my short editorial piece about Corona, family life and what´s it all to do with RESHOOT PROXIMA 3. Enjoy a few insights into the life of a retro gamedeveloper in these strange days!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/35100573

thanx for insight and health for you and your family

hopefully this mess will not last too long

roondar 21 March 2020 12:46

Something that might be useful to note here: the Patreon post above (as well as the others on this page) are free to access - you don't need an account to view them, nor do you need to back Richard to view them. So if that had been stopping you from clicking the links, there's no need :)

I haven't checked the other posts linked to earlier in the thread, but I'm assuming this goes for more than just the posts on this page.

buzzybee 21 March 2020 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by roondar (Post 1386505)
Something that might be useful to note here: the Patreon post above (as well as the others on this page) are free to access - you don't need an account to view them, nor do you need to back Richard to view them. So if that had been stopping you from clicking the links, there's no need :)

I haven't checked the other posts linked to earlier in the thread, but I'm assuming this goes for more than just the posts on this page.

Good point. I´l add a "free" just in case someone is too lazy to even click and see what happens ...

DamienD 21 March 2020 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by roondar (Post 1386505)

It hasn't always been like that roondar... only recently after discussion in this and another thread.

buzzybee 21 March 2020 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1386572)
It hasn't always been like that roondar... only recently after discussion in this and another thread.

Most postings by far were accessible to Patreons and Non-Patreons all the time, for years before any discussion around here, and always will be. This is one more.

mcgeezer 21 March 2020 20:17

Yep, I feel your pain. I also have a 4 year old and while I could have put him into school still I chose not to as my employer gave their blessing for me to juggle a full time job and looking after him. I therefore now have literally no coding or decompression time.

It's going to be a very testing time.