English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Coders. Contest (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Discussion: Rygar AGA Edition (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=93545)

mcgeezer 26 February 2020 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1381661)
That's an insult: they never drink any milk over there.

Given how they like you, had you proposed to wash their cars they would have banned you anyway.

Well, in the meantime, I guess you're just stuck with us… I know someone from Polish descent. But she's a nice person. So you probably won't be interested talking to her :)

It’s terrible really, i mean its not like i took the piss out of then or their forum or anything. Just mentioned milk and got a ban.

Still, i know a few polish people at work and even they said it was harsh. :D

DamienD 26 February 2020 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgeezer (Post 1381632)
In other news I got sacked from the PPA again today. They're brutal over there as I only asked what the price of a pint of milk was in Poland.

Got a two month ban for my trouble.

https://www.ppa.pl/forum/strefa-gier...owych-gier/101

Wow... and people say EAB moderators; especially me, are too harsh :p

Actually, thinking about it some more... if some foreign member asked me how much a pint of milk is in London then I'd probably ban him too; it's obviously the correct action to take :lol

<of course I'm only joking guys>

jotd 26 February 2020 21:55

I hate some people so much that I'd slap them just for asking me to pass them the salt.

But coming from you I guess they understood that:

- hey, bunch of sissies, how strong is your piss-ale ? Know any cow that gives a stronger beverage?

So I'd say a ban is in order. Try to ask the price of a pint of milk on stackoverflow and I'll ban you myself :)

mcgeezer 26 February 2020 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1381671)
I hate some people so much that I'd slap them just for asking me to pass them the salt.

But coming from you I guess they understood that:

- hey, bunch of sissies, how strong is your piss-ale ? Know any cow that gives a stronger beverage?

So I'd say a ban is in order. Try to ask the price of a pint of milk on stackoverflow and I'll ban you myself :)

I know but...
https://youtu.be/u6woaSJTMFU

Stack overflow or the ppa isn’t brilliant.

jotd 26 February 2020 22:31

video isn't visible... a bit annoying for a video if you ask me

Nightshft 27 February 2020 05:29

Quote:

...They're brutal over there as I only asked what the price of a pint of milk was in Poland...

Directly after a mod answering somebody else: "Don't talk off topic or you get a ban!" ROFL :D

Steril707 27 February 2020 07:24

They are a bit harsh there, aren't they?

I read in that thread some people over there criticizing that that incredible Doom-like game for the A500 doesn't look good enough for the "mighty hardware" that it is playing on... :D

alpine9000 27 February 2020 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steril707 (Post 1381727)

I read in that thread some people over there criticizing that that incredible Doom-like game for the A500 doesn't look good enough for the "mighty hardware" that it is playing on... :D

I wasn’t sure if there was a problem with google translate. Surely no-one could possibly be complaining about that amazing work?!?!

Steril707 27 February 2020 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpine9000 (Post 1381737)
I wasn’t sure if there was a problem with google translate. Surely no-one could possibly be complaining about that amazing work?!?!

What I am reading there is:
Quote:

amikoksu

Don't worry, don't worry.
Simply, the Amiga 500 1 MB can afford better graphics than what is currently seen. Let's hope that the graphics will be improved and speed will not suffer.
Looking forward to that amazing 3D-Engine that guy must have in the works... :D

mcgeezer 27 February 2020 14:05

The reason some of them are not impressed with the Doom demo is because they’re idiots, their perception of what an Amiga is and isn’t capable of has been diluted through the years. My advice to them is to get rid their Amigas and move to a PC, it’s about all they understand and trying to explain it to them means you’re met with gistapo style moderation and moderators who are just as fucking thick as some of their normal board members.

I’ll give you an example - swinkarmor is over there, banned from here for having a tunnel vision attitude to the Amiga.

I’m not saying they’re all bad over there, but a good portion can only be described as clueless. With a bit of luck i’ll bump into a few of them this year and tell them in person.

Predseda 27 February 2020 14:11

-.-

LongLifeA1200 27 February 2020 14:14

Quote:

In other news I got sacked from the PPA again today. They're brutal over there as I only asked what the price of a pint of milk was in Poland.

Got a two month ban for my trouble.

I dare someone to start a topic over there called "Got Milk?"

jeff b00toNic 27 February 2020 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steril707 (Post 1381727)

Did they really say that over there? :shocked :nuts
That must be the reason why so many good looking games get released in Poland :D :rolleyes

Delusional...

saimon69 27 February 2020 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff b00toNic (Post 1381798)
That must be the reason why so many good looking games get released in Poland :D :rolleyes

That and Koyot1222, a darn fine pixel artist imo

Dunny 27 February 2020 20:45

Quote:

So.... what do they put on their cornflakes?

rcman 27 February 2020 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgeezer (Post 1381776)
The reason some of them are not impressed with the Doom demo is because they’re idiots, their perception of what an Amiga is and isn’t capable of has been diluted through the years. My advice to them is to get rid their Amigas and move to a PC, it’s about all they understand and trying to explain it to them means you’re met with gistapo style moderation and moderators who are just as fucking thick as some of their normal board members.

I’ll give you an example - swinkarmor is over there, banned from here for having a tunnel vision attitude to the Amiga.

I’m not saying they’re all bad over there, but a good portion can only be described as clueless. With a bit of luck i’ll bump into a few of them this year and tell them in person.

booya!!!!!

Steril707 28 February 2020 07:05

There were a lot of reasonable voices as well, off course.
But my general impression is, that there are a few people over there, that have no clue about what an A500 can do and what it cannot do, and they cannot shut their yap about it.

Guess we have a few of those here as well, and they are just not as vocal. Who knows.

LongLifeA1200 28 February 2020 14:42

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunny (Post 1381839)

Mayonnaise?

Apparently they don't have cornflakes either. Mostly hard boiled eggs and vodka for breakfast, so I've heard.

mcgeezer 28 February 2020 15:29

... and sugar puffs.

I wonder if the ppa would be impressed with a rpi 3 in an Amiga 500 case running arcade emulation. Even the harshest of critics would be impressed with that over there surely.

rygar 29 February 2020 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunny (Post 1381839)

Of course we put pure vodka to it ;)