English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   OS4 compatible UAE expansion development status (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=81146)

Toni Wilen 21 January 2016 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1064448)
Ok i understandOS4UAE "It is only for emulating OS4", but with OS4UAE-2016-01-17, OS3 systems GFX went well without problems ;)

Things happen. Those get fixed later, not that important now.

Quote:

How to configure HD controller UAE harddrives or Directory System and Screen UAEGFX on OS4?
Just like you would with OS3.x or older. Enable uaegfx Z2 or Z3. Copy uaegfx and uaegfx.info to devs:monitors. OS4 will use it automatically.

Harddrives work exactly the same too.

ccapublic 21 January 2016 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1064453)
Harddrives work exactly the same too.

As far as I know enabling rdb mode and partitioning drive was mandatory to install os4 before new hardfiles hooks were implemented. Ne1 knows if this it still the case ? (You can simply ignore this question if it makes no sense or is off topic)

Toni Wilen 21 January 2016 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccapublic (Post 1064485)
As far as I know enabling rdb mode and partitioning drive was mandatory to install os4 before new hardfiles hooks were implemented. Ne1 knows if this it still the case ? (You can simply ignore this question if it makes no sense or is off topic)

Installing is out of scope too (and if OS4 requires partitioned drive, not just some HD volume, it is not UAE problem), requirement is already installed OS 4 :)

Leandro Jardim 22 January 2016 02:58

Is directory filesystem compatible only with OS4.1 FE? I am using plain OS 4.1, and the OS always crashes here while it tries to load the PPC rom.

PS. I am submitting the logs and the config as I use they. But I noticed that WinUAE did disable automatically the 68k JIT I was using too. Tell me if you need the 68k JIT disabled and I can send another set of logs for you.

Toni Wilen 22 January 2016 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim (Post 1064587)
Is directory filesystem compatible only with OS4.1 FE? I am using plain OS 4.1, and the OS always crashes here while it tries to load the PPC rom.

PS. I am submitting the logs and the config as I use they. But I noticed that WinUAE did disable automatically the 68k JIT I was using too. Tell me if you need the 68k JIT disabled and I can send another set of logs for you.

Read post #45 more carefully.

Leandro Jardim 22 January 2016 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1064592)
Read post #45 more carefully.

Ah, I forgot the config file entry, thanks for the tip. ;) Now the directory filesystem and the monitor driver works as expected.

Talking about the monitor driver, it works even with the composition turned on, but I had to switch the screen mode to 16 bits, because OS 4.1 has problems to render the title bars of all decorated windows in 24/32 bits here.

AMIGASYSTEM 22 January 2016 11:57

OK Toni, i had missed a small but important detail, i had added the string in my config "uaeboard=full+indirect", now everything works a little 'slow, noticed that UAE Zorro III supports max 128MB, thank you for what you do.

elowan 22 January 2016 12:24

PMFJI, but - isnt OS 4.1 (FE Classic) already "working" on UAEs? Or is this topic all about having sound, gfx and net running on "PC side"??? Just curious about it...

amigafreak68k 22 January 2016 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by elowan (Post 1064636)
PMFJI, but - isnt OS 4.1 (FE Classic) already "working" on UAEs? Or is this topic all about having sound, gfx and net running on "PC side"??? Just curious about it...

OS4 compatible UAE expansion development status

Things like uaegfx, bsdsocket.library, uaehf.device etc.

Toni Wilen 22 January 2016 13:33

Question that needs an answer (probably can only be answered by OS4 developer): does OS4 m68k JIT translate autoconfig boot ROM code or does it reject it automatically because they can have odd bugs or other incompatibilities?

elowan 22 January 2016 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigafreak68k (Post 1064640)
OS4 compatible UAE expansion development status

Things like uaegfx, bsdsocket.library, uaehf.device etc.

Does that not mean using the PC´s grafix and network card? Or in other words getting rid of emulated hardware´s limits?

(sorry for beeing a noob in this regard)

S0ulA55a551n 22 January 2016 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by elowan (Post 1064680)
Does that not mean using the PC´s grafix and network card? Or in other words getting rid of emulated hardware´s limits?

(sorry for beeing a noob in this regard)

This would mean better resolutions than the picasso emulation and not having to use the ethernet device i guess

Aegis 22 January 2016 15:29

I've left some tips for setting up/configuring OS 4.1 for this test version of UAE in this thread here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=81236&p=1064679 :)

ccapublic 22 January 2016 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aegis (Post 1064687)
I've left some tips for setting up/configuring OS 4.1 for this test version of UAE in this thread here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1064679 :)

BTW it would be great to change thread title as it was initially created for another topic. Don't know if it is feasible. Thanks once again for your help Aegis

Zilog 23 January 2016 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1064659)
Question that needs an answer (probably can only be answered by OS4 developer): does OS4 m68k JIT translate autoconfig boot ROM code or does it reject it automatically because they can have odd bugs or other incompatibilities?

Hi Tony,
it possible that the CPU 68K with jitter without mmu (that managemnt memory access) then generate error with os4 also it use ppc cpu; probably that some access to hardware not funcion corretly.

It's one idea.

By.

ccapublic 23 January 2016 00:16

1 Attachment(s)
Using AOS4.1U6, WinUAE crashes (minidump) right after selecting a uaegfx mode. Attached config file (note that in windowed mode, crash occurs right after emulation window gets resized to the selected resolution).

AMIGASYSTEM 23 January 2016 01:23

@Toni

If there is interest I found these anomalies:

- HardFile System (Accelerator Cyberstorm PPC) + Directory System (HD PC) OK the system starts without problems

- HardFile System (Accelerator Cyberstorm PPC) + HardFile (UAE Device) WinUAE it closes stops the start system

- HardFile System (UAE Device) + HardFile data (UAE Device) OK the system starts albeit slowly

the system starts albeit slowly
As you can see from the screenshot with the screen resolution UAE GFX,the logo of the request is not correct ! positive side insteadUAE GFX that there is now a real pointer OS4 :)

Aegis 23 January 2016 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1064825)
As you can see from the screenshot with the screen resolution UAE GFX,the logo of the request is not correct ! positive side insteadUAE GFX that there is now a real pointer OS4 :)

I'm not sure that's a WinUAE issue - it only happens with 32-bit graphics (try 16) and it does it using Picasso IV on WinUAE 3.2.2 as well.

AMIGASYSTEM 23 January 2016 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aegis (Post 1064830)
I'm not sure that's a WinUAE issue - it only happens with 32-bit graphics (try 16) and it does it using Picasso IV on WinUAE 3.2.2 as well.

No, at the same resolution with Picasso IV that logo appears well !

Toni Wilen 23 January 2016 11:42

Note that PicassoIV does not have 32-bit modes, only 24-bit. Different formats. Invalid comparison.

UAEgfx can support all possible modes (RTG panel color space options).