English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RESHOOT R in development (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=86021)

buzzybee 16 February 2017 11:18

RESHOOT R in development

Hi to all Amigans out there!

I hope you all don´t mind if I draw your attention towards a new game in development for non-expanded AGA-Hardware. The game is called RESHOOT R and it, as some of you might have guessed already, builds up on my game RESHOOT released in August 2016.

RESHOOT R remains a horizontal scrolling shoot´em-up, yes. But I will alter almost everything else. It´s going be much more colorful and much louder, will contain a extra weapons system and will not even show you a game-over-message after one hit from an enemy bullet. All in all I´m aiming for improved experience visually, aurally and of course gameplay-wise.

Who is involved?
  • Organisation, Design, Coding – Richard Lowenstein (Twinky goes hiking, Persian Gulf Inferno ...)
  • Pixels – Kevin Saunders (Amiga-conversion of Rygar)
  • Audio – Altraz (famous DJ and scenemusician)

I´ve started developing RESHOOT R right after the release of RESHOOT and target a digital and CD-ROM release end of october at the Amiga32 show in Neuss / Germany. Want to play RESHOOT R and talk to me about the game mechanics or technical details? Then be at gamescom in August 2017! Also expect a video pretty soon, followed by a technical demo in spring or early summer.

If anyone considers supporting the development process by spending tiny amounts of money on my Patreon-website, that would be much appreciated. This is also the central place to get information and regular updates right from the development process.

http://www.richard-loewenstein.de/pi...rst%20prot.gif

vulture 16 February 2017 22:45

Sounds great!

On to the fast tunnel idea. Well, it just has to be properly implemented and not be overly difficult and it'll provide a nice rush of adrenaline imo.

Neil79 17 February 2017 01:16

Put this up on our site a few days ago :) Hope they changed the music!

Adrian Browne 17 February 2017 03:33

looks good.

buzzybee 17 February 2017 07:03

@Neil79: The music is Soundtracker-based this time. A nice fast dancefloor medley mixed with soundeffects which go oooomph.

@Adrian: Thanks a lot.

@Vulture: That´s exactly true. But if just the scrolling speeds up and the game sends you through a basic tunnel like structure for no reason, that´s simply not enough. There has to be more ... I´ve got a nice idea for a nice additional adrenalinerush. Let´s see if there are sufficent ressources to implement it. :-)

Anakirob 17 February 2017 07:14

Honestly the first Reshoot didn't really excite me much. But this sequel really looks quite nice so far.

ransom1122 17 February 2017 07:42

Ooh WOW, Looks like you have been a buzzy bee! Very nice features you have implemented.

Thanks for sharing.

kriz 17 February 2017 12:17

Wishing the best for this development !!! Looking tasty allready :)

buzzybee 10 March 2017 18:01

RESHOOT R is coming in very nicely. I just redesigned the Patreon website, where anyone may support the developers by spending a few bucks. Please consider having a look by clicking here. Thank you very much!

A first music teaser video also just went live. Click and enjoy!

Neil79 10 March 2017 18:21

That's so much better!

Amiga1992 10 March 2017 18:37

Kick ass tune! Who is on board making audio for R?
[edit] I'm a moron, didn't see credits at end of the video :P
What other Amiga music has ALtraz done? Interested.

Neil79 10 March 2017 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 1146012)
What other Amiga music has ALtraz done? Interested.

Obviously not the first one, RESHOOT :laughing

eXeler0 10 March 2017 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzybee (Post 1146000)
RESHOOT R is coming in very nicely. I just redesigned the Patreon website, where anyone may support the developers by spending a few bucks. Please consider having a look by clicking here. Thank you very much!

A first music teaser video also just went live. Click and enjoy!

:great Looks better and sound much better than the previous one ;-)

Amiga1992 11 March 2017 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil79 (Post 1146017)
Obviously not the first one, RESHOOT :laughing

Reshoot's tune wasn't bad, just maybe not fitting!
I hope Reshoot R has more than one tune.

buzzybee 13 March 2017 02:26

RESHOOT R will at least have two tunes: title and game. :-)

buzzybee 21 March 2017 19:29

RESHOOT R had its first public showing last weekend. Expect a video of the World Premiere soon. My fellow Patreon supporters will be the first to see the game. For more info may I invite you to click here ?

Overflow 22 March 2017 02:09

Looking forward to the video!

Hopefully the sales of Reshoot R (whenever its done) will encourage future developments. I see you quote 1200 manhours to complete a very slick game on what amounts to a hobby platform. Impressive dedication!

Gamedevelopment for the classic seems to have increased the last year, which is very encouraging.

buzzybee 22 March 2017 04:20

Some aspects encourage to work on RESHOOT R, but it´s not the current state of my Patreon-campaign and the sales of the predecessor RESHOOT unfortunately. I hope the Patreon-campaign takes off after people have seen the first one or two videos. I would love to do so much with RESHOOT R, but some of these ideas need prefinancing.

Gzegzolka 22 March 2017 05:43

It looks much more better than first game. I hope You will make it!

Overflow 26 March 2017 11:10

I just checked out your World Premier showing of Reshoot R ;)

It looks very slick, and promising for what is to come as development progresses.
I have one suggestion tho;

When you present the game on future shows, maybe also include a premade demo/video with more powerups and action on screen? The demostration you showed is really all I need to see that the game engine is solid, but singlebullet mode is a bit ...bland? People are kinda biased towards :evilgrin when they get laz0rs, and a multitude of powerup configs.

I think you know what Im trying to say.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing, and hopefully more people joins in supporting the development!