English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WinUAE: Disable JIT/FPU (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=89622)

AMIGASYSTEM 28 November 2017 21:59

WinUAE: Disable JIT/FPU

Ciao Toni, still a mine stupid question:

There is a way to disable it JIT and FPU "to hot" after starting the system, without going into the winuae setting (F12)

The parameter "uae-configuration" in Toltypes of the Games WHDLoad as mentioned HERE can totally disable it JIT, the system is likely to become unstable?

AMIGASYSTEM 29 November 2017 11:42

Ok resolved, what I was looking for HERE

Foebane 29 November 2017 12:22

My A4000 configurations include "hot-switching" of JIT and CPU speeds, although I was disappointed that at least one Amiga emulation expert said my configuration "makes no sense", or words to that effect. :(

Dunny 29 November 2017 13:02

Is the source for UAE-Configuration available anywhere?

Foebane 29 November 2017 13:26

I don't know about the source, but that file is literally only 340 bytes, and is a special Amiga file that is invisible to the AmigaOS environment but which can control WinUAE emulator functions from within the Amiga emulation, and is really quite versatile with the possibilities.

Dunny 29 November 2017 15:19

Yeah, I would like to know how it works because I want to write something that does the same job, but with a UI rather than on the command line.

Toni Wilen 29 November 2017 20:05

They are included with official WinUAE releases, Amiga Programs -> sources.zip

But note that that direct rom jump is obsolete, don't use it. There may be also newer more "lowlevel" method in the future.

Dunny 30 November 2017 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1202879)
They are included with official WinUAE releases, Amiga Programs -> sources.zip

But note that that direct rom jump is obsolete, don't use it. There may be also newer more "lowlevel" method in the future.

Ah, thanks Toni. I'm on Linux so use FS-UAE mostly, didn't think to check the official WinUAE distro :)

Many thanks. I'll get to work on that this weekend then.

Amiga68k 30 November 2017 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunny (Post 1202827)
Yeah, I would like to know how it works because I want to write something that does the same job, but with a UI rather than on the command line.

That would be awesome. Last couple of weeks I was thinking about the same thing, but unfortunately when it comes to programming I need to start from scratch then... Please let me know if I can help with something (testing, ideas, etc.).

Also for just displaying the values of current settings this would be an ideal tool. When you only want to see certain values a modular kinda setup would be ideal imo.

Did you also think of the type of GUI yet? MUI? Or still too early in the process for that?

Dunny 30 November 2017 11:01

I'm mainly interested in building an interface for swapping disk images from inside the emulated Amiga, for the Amimlator project - but a more general configuration system will probably grow out of that.

As for the UI - just a general system interface, as MUI is a PITA for basic setups due to needing to be installed by the user first. I'd rather have something that's just click and go.

Amiga68k 30 November 2017 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunny (Post 1203003)
I'm mainly interested in building an interface for swapping disk images from inside the emulated Amiga, for the Amimlator project - but a more general configuration system will probably grow out of that.

If you are only aiming at swapping disk images, then the tool 'uae-control' that is already provided in the Amiga Programs section might be helpful?

Dunny 30 November 2017 15:10

No, it's not suitable. I want a better UI than that.