English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lords Of Time ! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=3380)

stainy 18 February 2002 19:45

Lords Of Time !

Well I finally got my EBAY purchase today, still in shrink wrap !!

But anyway.. I played this years ago, I have a crack of somekind, two disk... but it seemed like a beta or demo or something, because you couldn`t do a great deal, seemed to be missing something, or rather alot of the gameplay!!

I liked the game because it reminded me of Faery Tale Adventure! which I loved to bits..

Only prob is, I have the game here, in the US, and all my amiga equipment is in the UK :(

Anyone have an details on this game???

1992!! bloody hell, that long ago!:cheese :laughing

shutter 21 February 2002 23:32

i ve searched my listings,but could not find anything ,when is it released? can u upload ur version ?

cu

stainy 21 February 2002 23:56

Well....

The box has a date of 1992 on it.
I`ll take it with me to the UK, and hopefully get it uploaded, this is the original version. :)

CodyJarrett 22 February 2002 06:29

1 Attachment(s)
I think there might have been some sort of Faerytale Adventure link...

Lords Of Time (Hollyware 1992)

Amiga Power issue 20, page 91, 53%

Lifeless, lacklustre FRPG that's not so much run-of-the-mill as aimless-kind-of-stroll-of-the-mill. Nothing very much of anything. A vacuum. 2/5*

stainy 22 February 2002 16:09

thats what I thought..

Thats exactly what I was hoping for when I got the game, it looked so Faery Tale.. I even called the company from my Mums phone at some ungodly hour to see.. what the deal was.. ( this was MicroIllusions ) and they said there was no FT2.
I mean we all know there is now.. but I did love Faery Tale adventure..
Can`t wait to boot this version up see if it`s any better than the crack I have in the UK.
Anyone interested in a scan of the cover box art??

shutter 22 February 2002 21:11

ca it be postet in the zone ?
tanks

stainy 22 February 2002 21:22

Zone....

the adfs?? or the scan.. I can`t do the adf`s till I get back to the UK ( next week ) no Amiga here :(

shutter 22 February 2002 21:55

ADF or DMS please

Twistin'Ghost 23 February 2002 02:14

Re: thats what I thought..

Quote:

Originally posted by stainy

Anyone interested in a scan of the cover box art??

MOST definitely, as I have *nothing* on this game, picture-wise. OK, well I have the Cody DBSS (TM) from above, but beyond that, nothing. So any, all cover, back, insides, etc. scans would insure you the presence of Frederic's first born male child (and hey, if you don't need a firstborn, they make great sacrifices!)

stainy 23 February 2002 08:41

scan in 13hours!

btw, anyone know of any other games that resemble Lords of Time and Faery Tale???

go on!!! I`m `andy. :)

stainy 23 February 2002 22:51

and while I`m at it...

Here`s the links for Lords of time front and back box art!!

my isp won`t allow remote posting :(

Also anyone remember Faery Tale ADventure being reboxed in a proper box with BOOK 2 stamped on the bottem, as apposed to the flat cardboard container the original came in.. same game and everything, but I got mildly excited when I read BOOK 2 on the front :(
ok lets give this a try

http://www.citlink.net/~meg1/LOTfr.jpg
http://www.citlink.net/~meg1/LOTbk.jpg

oh I guess it does allow remote posting or whatever it`s called :)

good day!

Twistin'Ghost 24 February 2002 13:09

Wonderful! It always gives me a rush to see a coverscan for a game I've never seen the box for. This one gave me butterflies in the stomach, and cold chills.

I don't remember ever seeing that revised FTA box...just the standard Microillusions US box. You wouldn't happen to have this beastie, as well?

Drake1009 24 February 2002 15:32

If seeing a coverscan gives you a rush could you compare it to taking drugs then? Just cheaper since you can find it on the net?

stainy 24 February 2002 17:15

why yes I do!

I have it at my Mums somewhere, I`ll get it scanned in a week or so when I`m there :)

Twistin'Ghost 24 February 2002 22:11

Quote:

If seeing a coverscan gives you a rush could you compare it to taking drugs then? Just cheaper since you can find it on the net?
This particular headrush is a bit different than the drugs one. :D And it seems drug prices are so high these days, even buying a rare game on ebay is probably cheaper (and better quality!) When I stopped taking drugs, they were replaced by my Amiga stuff and coaching baseball. It turned out to be a worthwhile trade and the only downside of said trade is that aging finally caught up with me. It (aging) never really made much of an appearance when I was getting drunk and stoned every night, but since quitting it is like a rubber band that has stretched real far and then released. Dammit.

@Stainy
Thanks, daddy-o! I'm getting a buzz already! :D

slideyfoot 20 March 2006 19:02

Lords of Time

One of my favourite games ever, but never been able to find an adf (though I'm pretty new to the emulator thing, so that may be why). Generally I only ever see the other Lords of Time, as opposed to the Hollyware edition.

Would be great to get hold of the adfs - I definitely don't have the computer geekpower to get them from my original Amiga disks. :sad

From what I remember, I always used to get stuck when trying to get access to the Druids temple - there was some funky arrangement of burning herbs required, and it had to be at a certain time. If I ever get the emulated version, thats the first thing I'll try and do! Well, that and re-do the sword courses...and possibly visit the frogs. I seem to remember enchanted frogs, but I could be imagining things. :p

stainy 20 March 2006 21:11

Versions I had didn`t seem complete.. there was alot of nothingness!! ALOT

slideyfoot 20 March 2006 23:13

Nothingness as in bits of the game missing? Or nothingness as in large tracts of green with wolves chasing you?

stainy 21 March 2006 00:18

large tracts of green with wolves and guys - hence me thinking some stuff was missing

slideyfoot 21 March 2006 10:10

Nope, thats meant to happen. There is a lot of walking around in that game. My main memory is running away from wolves near rivers and woods, desperately trying to reach the next village (before I beefed up my swordsmanship, at least, when things became a whole lot easier).

You'll come across a few hamlets with banks and inns to learn sword-fighting/magic etc, and there are a couple of 'hidden' places that are sort of funky, but I won't ruin it for you by saying what they are. ;)

EDIT: I got hold of some adfs! VERY happy; been searching for these for years! Now if I can only find my old box, disks and manual in the attic, the nostalgia will be complete. :D