English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Is The Best Amiga Game Ever Created? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43936)

GoldenHeart 06 April 2009 17:40

What Is The Best Amiga Game Ever Created?

The Settlers :guru

Sensi 06 April 2009 17:43

Best Amiga game ever thread v.17,5 alfa?

The Secret of Monkey Island.

Gordon 06 April 2009 17:44

I like you man. Not only are you ressusitating the AMIGA you have a great taste in games. Which enemy did you hate most? I always hated the joker

Sensi 06 April 2009 17:46

I dont hate anybody in any game. Ah, you are talking to GH. Jesus dont hate, remember it!

GH, do I know you?

J.Tramiel 06 April 2009 18:03

That's an easy one...

Frontier - Elite II

Forget all them lame arcade conversions and gay-bar RPGs ...

I DARE ANYONE TO DISAGREE :spin

AmigaFriend 06 April 2009 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Tramiel (Post 533526)
That's an easy one...

Frontier - Elite II

Forget all them lame arcade conversions and gay-bar RPGs ...

I DARE ANYONE TO DISAGREE :spin

I disagree. :D

Best game ever? Difficult, so many great games...

But F1GP was one of the most played by me. :great

TCD 06 April 2009 18:36

Turrican II

:D
Okay, now you can close the thread :cheese
If anyone wants to mention Moonstone I won't mind... ;)

john4p 06 April 2009 18:40

Turrican II

TCD 06 April 2009 18:47

Cheers john :great :D

JLPedro 06 April 2009 18:50

Best in what? Graphics, sound , gameplay , and not to mention player taste.... So pointless to trie to find " the best Amiga game..." :nuts.
But nevermind me, I'm a bit :crazy.

Marcuz 06 April 2009 18:57

Perihelion.
granted, it didn't make amiga what it was, but it was a great game!

DDNI 06 April 2009 18:58

AGAIN!!!?? Holy cow, these threads are like Mandelbrot sets..... ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On ON and On and On and On and On .........

THE ANSWER IS
MERCENARY !!!

goebish 06 April 2009 19:06

I agree with The Settlers, probably the best game of all times !

Adropac2 06 April 2009 19:54

I enjoyed frontier but it was an over complicated fussy mess of a game that did away almost entirely with what Elite did so right

Very difficult though to say what is best because i like so many of Amiga games.Carrier Command and Speedball2 for example are just two very different games that satisfy in different ways - just as good as each other but play just too differently to make that decision

Adropac2 06 April 2009 20:03

And actually as much as i love Turrican2(Lets be honest, the whole package is just great), it's only a fairly unambitous platform shooter once you take away the music and lovely warm feeling levels.Turrican2 works so well because of how everything comes together and not because of better than anything gameplay - i'm really not slagging it

As a whole it's awesome and i do usually fire it up and play one level past the Walker music level.It's really simple gameplay stuff albeit wrapped up in the best ever Amiga music and wonderfull location atmosphere - the game mechanics are quite basic once you do away with all that.Still one of my fave experiences on Amiga though and i do understand why people always mention it in such high regard - myself included

Ship sections for me are the highlight

Dastardly 06 April 2009 20:08

Sometime in the last century, the greatest Amiga game ever made was created...

WOOOOOOO woooooooo WOOOOOOOO wooooooooo

seuden 06 April 2009 20:09

Championship Manager '93

I wouldn't mind if somebody mentioned Dune II :P

Paul_s 06 April 2009 22:06

I'm having a hard time deciding from either Turrican II or Cannon Fodder.

TBH i love cannon fodder so much and it's so playable... then again so is CF and I played both to death until I completed them. Not many games have a hold like those two had... arrrgh.

StingRay 06 April 2009 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_s (Post 533613)
TBH i love cannon fodder so much and it's so playable... then again so is CF

Apparently you like Cannon Fodder much more than Turrican II :lol:lol:lol

As for my favourite games on Amiga, Kick Off 2, Goal!, Dune II, Cannon Fodder, Lotus 2 etc etc. The list is endless :)

jrom 06 April 2009 22:18

My alltime favs: Turrican 2, Lemmings, Pang, CarVup, PP Hammer, Arkanoid 2...