English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   DrFruit Cheats / Trainer (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=99211)

DrFruit 15 October 2019 19:48

DrFruit Cheats / Trainer
 
Hi,

I'm looking for cheats for DrFruit so i can finally see what the end levels are like. I can get as far as Level 16 but never past so would appreciate if anyone can help :)

Cheers,

DamienD 15 October 2019 19:52

Damn; no cheatcode on HOL :sad

...and also no disks with a trainer in TOSEC.

Maybe one of the talented EAB coders / crackers can assist? :cheese

DrFruit 15 October 2019 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1351652)
Damn; no cheatcode on HOL :sad

...and also no disks with a trainer in TOSEC.

Maybe one of the talented EAB coders / crackers can assist? :cheese



Hope so mate, it’s the one game I’ve never seen anything like this for and the one game i would love to see the later levels.

DamienD 15 October 2019 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFruit (Post 1351667)
Hope so mate, it’s the one game I’ve never seen anything like this for and the one game i would love to see the later levels.

Sounds like it needs a trainer that has "Unlimited Lives" & "Level Skip" (just in case) ;)

DrFruit 15 October 2019 21:32

Have you played it D?

DamienD 15 October 2019 21:41

Nope never; and I've played a lot of Amiga games :agree

...but might give it a bash tonight ;)

DrFruit 15 October 2019 22:20

Only way to describe the controls are... square! But after you get used to that I think it’s pretty addictive.. I guess for me it holds more memories, I still like it anyway! Oh 1.3 without anything else fancy, keep it as close to stock a1000/500 as you can..

DamienD 15 October 2019 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFruit (Post 1351687)
Only way to describe the controls are... square!

Yeah; and the enemy AI is a bit pants...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFruit (Post 1351687)
But after you get used to that I think it’s pretty addictive..I guess for me it holds more memories, I still like it anyway!

It's a poor man's Mr. Do!; but I get that it was released in 1987 so quite early in the Amiga's life.

Must admit; I have all the other Mr. Do! clones in my collection; as I quit enjoy this genre ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFruit (Post 1351687)
Oh 1.3 without anything else fancy, keep it as close to stock a1000/500 as you can..

Yup, got that. You can't even add 512Kb Slow RAM :p

DrFruit 15 October 2019 22:43

Well level 16 to beat, let me know what the others above that are like ;)

Don’t let the theme song keep you awake either!

ross 15 October 2019 23:02

There is something different into the Zone...

I need some rest :sleep

DamienD 16 October 2019 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFruit (Post 1351692)
Well level 16 to beat, let me know what the others above that are like ;)

Ok, firstly let me say that getting to level 16 in one go without cheating is a massive achievement :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

So, using WinUAE and SaveStates... I'm now up to level 17:

https://i.imgur.com/mdPlJex.png

In The Zone! you will find an archive "Dr. Fruit...for DrFruit.rar"; which contains the following for use in WinUAE:
  • The configuration file.
  • The .ADF.
  • SaveStates from level 5 onwards up to the start of level 17.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1351694)
There is something different into the Zone...

I need some rest :sleep

Oh man; much appreciated!!! ross to the rescue as always!!! :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

DamienD 16 October 2019 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1351694)
There is something different into the Zone...

I need some rest :sleep

Hmmm, how to activate the trainer ross?

I presumed it was "forced" unlimited lives but doesn't work for me :sad

ross 16 October 2019 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1351705)
Hmmm, how to activate the trainer ross?

I presumed it was "forced" unlimited lives but doesn't work for me :sad

LMB instead of Joy button :sleep:sleep
50 levels :sleep:sleep:sleep

DamienD 16 October 2019 02:40

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1351706)
LMB instead of Joy button :sleep:sleep
50 levels :sleep:sleep:sleep

Cheers for the information my friend :great

...slightly updated the disk so that people know the above:

https://i.imgur.com/28wYdT0.png

DrFruit 16 October 2019 09:50

DrFruit Cheats / Trainer
 
Omg Ross, absolute legend! Waited erm 20+ years for this!!!! I’ll grab that tonight and dig in on my original 500 with gotek of course ;)

D, thank you for requesting this, appreciate it and wow such a quick turnaround!

Q.... Did I just ruin the game by gaining an advantage, maybe I just wasn’t good enough to complete it!

Cheers,

DamienD 16 October 2019 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFruit (Post 1351750)
Q.... Did I just ruin the game by gaining an advantage

I don't think so, a trainer is definitely needed given what ross wrote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1351706)
50 levels :sleep:sleep:sleep

:shocked :shocked :shocked :help :help :help

DrFruit 16 October 2019 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1351704)
Ok, firstly let me say that getting to level 16 in one go without cheating is a massive achievement :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

So, using WinUAE and SaveStates... I'm now up to level 17:

https://i.ibb.co/GcpZZxH/Dr-001.png

In The Zone! you will find an archive "Dr. Fruit...for DrFruit.rar"; which contains the following for use in WinUAE:
  • The configuration file.
  • The .ADF.
  • SaveStates from level 5 onwards up to the start of level 17.
Oh man; much appreciated!!! ross to the rescue as always!!! :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

New on EAB, erm where is said 'zone'?

Cheers,

DamienD 16 October 2019 18:36

The Zone! is a temporary storage area (files last for 60 days) where people share various goodies :p

Look at the top of EAB and the menus; 2nd from the far right.

To join The Zone! you will need to follow these instructions: How do I get access to The Zone? ;)

DrFruit 16 October 2019 19:18

DrFruit Cheats / Trainer
 
Ah ok will do boss...

Ok so I hit 55 levels.. appears levels are endless with a shuffle in variation... Level 52 is the last named level, called never ending story (nice touch)...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ee3de9d215.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ef9cfddd5f.jpg

Well that was worth 20 years of 15 mins gameplay!

Cheers,


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.09489 seconds with 11 queries