English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Sony ds4 controller and cd32 support (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85275)

ARTHUR071169 26 December 2016 17:30

Sony ds4 controller and cd32 support

When playing standard amiga games using launcher or arcade, the options button on the controller sony dual shock 4, configured correctly via launcher and bluetooth connection) brings up the menu (f12).
When playing cd32 games this does not bring the menu up.
Is this something that is not supportable or viable due to cd32 button layout?

FrodeSolheim 26 December 2016 21:15

The "start" button is mapped against the CD32 play button. You can press "select" and "start" simultaneously for gamepads where there is not a dedicated "menu" button. (I know the buttons are not called "start" and "select" on the PS4 controller ;-) ).

Hungry Horace 27 December 2016 02:37

I have this same problem on my newest ds4 pad on OS X.

Currently no button is mapped to Play on the default layout, is the problem.

I am sure it can be remapped in the manual controller setup though... will check tomorrow ;)

FrodeSolheim 27 December 2016 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Horace (Post 1130374)
I have this same problem on my newest ds4 pad on OS X.

Currently no button is mapped to Play on the default layout, is the problem.

I am sure it can be remapped in the manual controller setup though... will check tomorrow ;)

Does not sound like the same "problem"... -The OP is not a bug, that's just how it works.

If the "start" button on your controller does not function as CD32 play button, that's something different, and sounds like a bug.

ARTHUR071169 28 December 2016 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 1130336)
The "start" button is mapped against the CD32 play button. You can press "select" and "start" simultaneously for gamepads where there is not a dedicated "menu" button. (I know the buttons are not called "start" and "select" on the PS4 controller ;-) ).

The button I have mapped for f12 is the option button (top right and not start, nor select).
The ds4 has extra buttons that are ideal for other functions that are not Start etc.

Regards,
Arthur.

Hungry Horace 31 December 2016 00:56

I will try and look into this tomorrow, having just got a new PS4 pad at Xmas :)

I did notice when I did use it , the pad setup page did not automatically show "pre mapped" buttons, but pretty sure it was working the way it should.

Also, "option" is placed in the equivalent place of "start" on the PS3 pad, so would seem ideal for cd32 play... which is probably why the OP didn't have the expected response on that button, although I'm sure when I tried (previous version) it wasn't doing the play button....

Hungry Horace 31 December 2016 01:16

had 10 minutes spare, and it seems after deleting my 'manual' configs, everything is working as-expected on the latest fs-uae version.

'share' maps to emulator-pause
'options' maps to CD32 Play
'PS' button maps to fs-uae menu

FrodeSolheim 31 December 2016 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Horace (Post 1131172)
'share' maps to emulator-pause
'options' maps to CD32 Play
'PS' button maps to fs-uae menu

Exactly, that's the way it's meant to work (that's the built-in config) :)

Hungry Horace 31 December 2016 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 1131173)
Exactly, that's the way it's meant to work (that's the built-in config) :)

yep. I think i had issues with cd32 play on previous version, but not anymore (or previous user error)