English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.aGTW (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   looking for SuperHero/Psygnosis demo (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=9778)

JudasEZT 11 May 2003 13:25

looking for SuperHero/Psygnosis demo

Hi, first of all greetings to everybody, this is my fist post.

Amiga Rulez!

I wanted to ask if someone knows where can I find the demo of the unreleased Psygnosis game "SuperHero".

Hall of light says that was a demo in THE ONE February 1993 coverdisk.

Thanx in advance

:)

wakeupbomb 11 May 2003 14:06

hmmmm I used to have that disk, but for some reason I formatted it for something else. Know that doesn't help, heh
Crap game anyway:cheese

CodyJarrett 11 May 2003 14:25

I've put the coverdisk in the Zone (see the top-right hand corner of this webpage).

JudasEZT 11 May 2003 16:11

I undestand why you formatted that disk.. what couple of crappy games.. anyway is interesting to see games unreleased from companies like Psygnosis and Ocean.

thanx alot guys ;)

the wolf 11 May 2003 16:17

Quote:

Originally posted by JudasEZT
I undestand why you formatted that disk.. what couple of crappy games.. anyway is interesting to see games unreleased from companies like Psygnosis and Ocean.
I totally agree with you.
Shame I haven't see first this thread, Cody have quickly beaten me one more time... ;)

Galahad/FLT 11 May 2003 19:45

Superhero

The utterly annoying thing about Superhero is that the programmer of the game came onto EAB, and I had an email conversation with him about releasing the game as its completed.

It all looked very positive and then he simply stopped answering my emails :(

Shame really, cos he seemed dead keen to release it.

Oh, and has anyone given John Twiddy / Putty Squad a prod yet? And has anyone given Pierre Adane a prod over Snow Bros?

Sad!

the wolf 11 May 2003 20:25

Re: Superhero

Quote:

Originally posted by Galahad/FLT
The utterly annoying thing about Superhero is that the programmer of the game came onto EAB, and I had an email conversation with him about releasing the game as its completed.

Oh, and has anyone given John Twiddy / Putty Squad a prod yet? And has anyone given Pierre Adane a prod over Snow Bros?

Sad!

Sad news, Galahad... :(
I guess why those people, proud to give us a game without price (commercially speaking), after a little time disappear without explanations...
Where's the truth? It's possible that they don't intend to give to EAB community a game which is a unfinished product without any commercial possibilty (I hope no-one here go out shouting "Hey, I have Snow Bros for Amiga, I'll SELL you for only 5$!", it sound really ridicolous!). No, I really don't think so...
And it's the same about John Twiddy and Pierre Adane...
There's really nothing to do about it? Even to mail them sometime till they reply? Hmmm... it's sound like bothering them...

the wolf 11 May 2003 20:25

Very BAD quoting... Sorry! :p

JudasEZT 11 May 2003 22:37

Superhero looked promising when I readed previews in 1993. It tolds that you would be able to configurate your hero and make them add-ons and with multiple missions.

Just I dont liked the way platform style gameplay it is.

Respect release new games,.. have you heard of www.cronosoft.co.uk ??

Twistin'Ghost 12 May 2003 04:15

Quote:

Originally posted by JudasEZT
Superhero looked promising when I readed previews in 1993. It tolds that you would be able to configurate your hero and make them add-ons and with multiple missions.

Just I dont liked the way platform style gameplay it is.

Respect release new games,.. have you heard of www.cronosoft.co.uk ??

I haven't looked at that demo in years, but I remember being very disappointed compared with what I had read about the game. But I have an open mind...I'd be interested in evaluating the finished game before I draw any conclusions. And frankly, it would make more sense to have actual screenshots from the game in HOL rather than the currently only-existing screens from the demo.

Interesting link you posted...I like the concept. I'd personally spend money for bedroom coders selling their Amiga wares from websites as long as the product is what I like (read not 3D nor FPS, for starters) and if it was at least packaged in some way. Looks like that site is selling the games with J-card sleeves, so it is at least worth collecting (as opposed to a homegrown disk or cassette in a sandwich baggie). I think Sharks! CD32 was similar in that the programmer packaged his shareware game with some coverart. Cool lo-fi, indie attitude that I'd enjoy seeing more of in the future. It actually makes me want to go back to learning to program so I can join in on the fun (like I have time for that!)

7-Zark-7 12 May 2003 14:24

Re: Superhero

Quote:

Originally posted by Galahad/FLT

Sad!

Damm shame all around,agreed.
In some ways it's almost a pity that alongside say,(as an example), the HOL of Putty Squad, one couldn't include an interview with John Twiddy & possibly allow both in the interview,(& heck even in an in-game presentation screen of their ADF release), the opportunity to promote/plug their current commercial releases to make it worth their while.

Its reminds me of a site relating to the C64 called "Games that Weren't",(I think.). And yet they've managed to unearth some interesting stuff,(eg:unseen game demos) & interviews with past legends of the C64 scene. (some of whom have recently resurfaced at the Lemon forum). For some reason it seems like a lot of legendary programming teams associated with the golden age of the Amiga,(& who are still in the business), prefer to remain anonymous.

A pity they don't share the enthusiam of a certain ex-miggy coder who's involved with CAPS.

IFW 12 May 2003 16:47

Re: Re: Superhero

Quote:

Originally posted by 7-Zark-7
A pity they don't share the enthusiam of a certain ex-miggy coder who's involved with CAPS.
:D

Actually some people do, but they quite often no longer have their old stuff anymore, or were not in the right position in the company to have the necessary sources ;)

7-Zark-7 12 May 2003 17:08

@IFW. Alas quite true, given the "tools of the trade" at the time, & programming deadlines etc., I guess the last thing on most coders minds would've been preserving old harddrives/floppies etc. with a view to their storage/usage in 10-15 years time!

IFW 12 May 2003 17:21

Things possibly haven't changed much since... You work for a few months worth of shelf-life and forget about the whole thing... Luckily the copy-protected discs (consoles and pc alike) last longer, than they used to be in the floppy disc era... but I think someone might start re-dumping (instead of the rips and cracks available) that stuff in 15-20 years time before those discs die as well ;)
Most companies don't treat their back catalog very well, and couldn't care less about archiving since game sw mostly just come and go.

Amiga1992 13 May 2003 00:35

About these unreleased games, dunno about you gus, but I'd pay 5 bucks for a copy. Really.

We could try to help these dudes "publish" these games today. A downloadable version, or a real cheap (budget-type) boxed version available for sale. maybe they get interested if a bit of good ole dirty money is in the middle :P

Most everyone will now jump on me and say "FUK U G1MM33 R0MZ0RZ!!!"

FromWithin 20 June 2003 20:53

SuperHero Music

I've got all the music I did for SuperHero, if anybody wants it.

AEV 21 June 2003 16:40

Yes please, up it to the zone. That would be way cool.

Thanks.

FromWithin 21 June 2003 18:20

Okay. The SuperHero music and sound effects have been uploaded to The Zone (along with the music for G2). Read the text file inside for some information about the music and the game.

Amiga1992 22 June 2003 06:42

Hello FromWithin, welcome aboard!!

A Psiggy man, I can see from yer posts? :)

Paul 22 June 2003 11:12

Welcome FromWithin to EAB :great