English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Nostalgia & memories (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   End-of-game bosses (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=4031)

Tim Janssen 04 April 2002 12:19

End-of-game bosses

I wonder what your favourite ugliest or original end-of-game -bosses are in any game. While creating the end-of-game enemy, designers often really let go their imagination.
Here comes my five favourite end-of-game bosses:

5. Morgul: He is a three-headed end-of-game boss and makes his appearance in Turrican 1. Morgul looks dangerous but lacks character.
4. Achacha: This baddie, who looks like a cross between an African medicineman and a maroon, has kidnapped Lucy in Dynamite Dux and has to pay for it. Once the dux have kicked away his forcefield, he looks really harmless. You almost feel sorry to kick him to eternity.
3. Professor Shaumund: An evil force disguised as little blue penguin who causes all trouble in Stardust and Super Stardust. His cuteness makes him a dangerous enemy.
2. Dr. Fred: He lives in his Maniac Mansion and has kidnapped the heroes' girlfriend to do nasty experiments on her (?!). Dr Fred is, bald, ugly, wears huge glasses and has a twisted personality. The ideal contender for the ugliest-end-of-game-boss -ever.
1. Mukor: I am not sure about its name. This green ball of snot appears frequently in Blasteroids after you have sweeped all asteroids in a galaxy. Shoot off all Mukor's tubes and everyone can live happily ever after. For me, Mukor is the ugliest end-of-game boss ever. He even appears in adverts and on the boxcover of this very game.

Any other suggestions?

Drake1009 04 April 2002 14:26

I haven't completed that many games which had end of game bosses sadly enough so I don't know any. I could imagine you had to fight Dr. Maybe in James pond 2 though. I wonder what he looks like.

Dastardly 04 April 2002 17:58

The big guy at the end of TURRICAN 2 gets my vote.
Also the crustacean thingy at the end of level 1 XENON2 and the dragon at the end of GODS level 2. :cool

Walker 04 April 2002 18:11

1 Attachment(s)
What about this sucker from Banshee AGA?

Walker 04 April 2002 18:15

1 Attachment(s)
When playing Xenon 2, you don't have to reach any end bosses. What about the lovely shopkeeper? :)

Shatterhand 05 April 2002 05:12

The last boss from Megaman X4 is the most badass boss I can remember...
That guy is just UNBEATABLE ... :)

The Chaos Engine in the game of the same name is also a hell out of a boss ...

Drake1009 05 April 2002 07:30

Stupid hard random attacks that head throws at you. Really annoying. Never did beat that guy.

Muzkat 07 April 2002 14:41

I don't know if he is ugly, but the boss at the end of Toki was really tough for me to beat. If I remember correctly, he had some sort of ground fireball which nearly always hit you unless you timed your jump over it to absolute perfection.:eek

7-Zark-7 07 April 2002 15:20

Ghouls'n'Ghosts. (Arcade). One nasty baddie after another, but to replay the levels again to finally confront the end of game baddie was a nasty twist.
Sephiroth-Final Fantasy VII. Just when you think he's dead, you'd be fighting another mutation of it.
Resident Evil 1-3; Haven't played Code Veronica,which is the only reason it's not on the list.
Addams Family-have to add this as it was one of the few Amiga games I completed without benefit of any cheats,though I found the final boss easier than a couple of in-game bosses!:D
Final Fight-Arcade & Amiga-although not terrifying, I found the end-game baddie tough with the stream of arrows firing out all the time.

Drake1009 07 April 2002 17:52

I recall the double dragon 2 "boss" where you had to fight a mirror image of yourself. I was very young at the time but it did give me nightmares.

And I can't find more places to go in Addams:(

minded 07 April 2002 18:38

In giana sisters is the last boss a dragon that tries to bite you. But im not totally sure if that is the last boss. Because there is a hole that you jump down in and ther is the dragon so im not so sure that you can jump over the hole. Is there anyone who had succed and jumped over the hole ?

Dastardly 07 April 2002 18:45

Is the last person you fight in Prince of Persia the reflection of yourself? I only got there once and didnt know what you had to do, so I killed him :laughing
I think I heard after, that you are supposed to put away your sword when he appears, is this true? if so then what? :confused

Shatterhand 07 April 2002 18:49

I was stumped at that point of Prince of Persia too, and years laters someone told me that same solution , but I never felt like playing it again...

I agree with 7-Zark-7 about Ghouls 'n' Ghosts.. that thing of playing the levels again and again 'til you find the final boss was .. nasty .. the game already is utterly hard, they didn't need to do that..

Belgarath 07 April 2002 18:52

no the mirror image of yourself is not the final boss, i think theres a few levels after that one..

and yes you draw your sword and your mirror image does the same, then you run into him and you become one again!

aww isn't that nice :)

Drake1009 07 April 2002 19:14

Remember one thing about the mirror image Belegarath. You don't just run into him. He kills you. No you must beat him down to 1 energy, then he won't kill you.

The final boss is the guy in the turban I think.

Belgarath 07 April 2002 21:28

i played and completed it on the amiga and i never had to hit him once, was it also the amiga version you played?

didn't all the guards have turbans? but yeh the end boss the evil vizier probably had a bigger one not a very good end boss really :)

Drake1009 08 April 2002 06:33

I completed the game on the PC. Still haven't managed to get it running on my A1200. I think there was someone else to fight and after you defeat him the hourglass breaks and you can run past a couple of screens to hug the princess or whatever you'd call her. Unless of course you're the princess and the one you have to save is the prince. The way you're able to grab hold of some of those ledges suggest very strong nails.

Tim Janssen 14 August 2002 14:09

PC Bill

Another imaginative boss is Mercenary III's P.C. Bill: the richest man in the world who is poluting the environment with his oilwells and who is running up for president. It is your mission to obstruct his actions. Somehow the game's creator, Paul Woakes, foresaw similarities of PC Bill with a certain B. Gates.

KombatSanta 14 August 2002 17:27

I have only one thing to say: Le Chuck!

Uukrul 14 August 2002 18:55

Tomator: I spent a week playing The Lost Vikings on my A600 without a harddrive and without an external diskdrive :mad and that fucking Tomator...

An advice: don't play The Lost Vikings with a gamepad as I did