English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   On The Ball: World Cup Edition AGA (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=9789)

CodyJarrett 12 May 2003 10:32

On The Ball: World Cup Edition AGA

Does anyone have a crack of On The Ball: World Cup Edition AGA?

stainy 12 May 2003 18:36

Maybe me

I got it listed :( it says 5 disks.. but I can`t be 100% because I`m here and the disks are at my Mothers house!

I have two days off work .. as from tomorrow so I can whizz down there and check if you like ?
unless someone else comes up with the goods sooner !

Twistin'Ghost 13 May 2003 06:32

It's on my list to check for when I get home.

DrBong 14 May 2003 20:32

In the Zone......well in a few minutes anyway!

CodyJarrett 15 May 2003 00:59

Thanks DrBong - that's another HOL MIA game done and the last of those ten accursed Anstoss/On The Ball/Carton Rouge games!

I wish football had never been invented.

Twistin'Ghost 15 May 2003 03:20

Quote:

Originally posted by CodyJarrett
Thanks DrBong - that's another HOL MIA game done and the last of those ten accursed Anstoss/On The Ball/Carton Rouge games!

LOL! :laughing

DrBong 15 May 2003 09:58

Quote:

Originally posted by CodyJarrett

No problem. I've been sifting through all the cricket games I know of on Amiga, so I know the feeling. I'm still glad cricket was invented, though! :cool

Twistin'Ghost 15 May 2003 10:43

Is it just me or does it seem like cricket and AMOS always manage to go hand-in-hand? :D

Seriously, though...I just did a search on Cricket @ HOL...somehow, I never noticed how many cricket games are actually on the Amiga! Frightening stuff! If only the Amiga had as many baseball games...I actually created a few data disks for TV Sports Baseball/Bo Jackson Baseball back in the day.

DrBong 24 May 2003 17:14

Yep AMOS and HiSoft Basic seem to be popular tools in coding cricket games. IIRC there was even a PD cricket game called AMOS Cricket, which, albeit limited, was fun for a little while.

Twistin'Ghost 25 May 2003 03:32

"All Rounder - A Cricket Simulation" from 1992 is one I remember. It was probably the best PD cricket game at the time, but it really needed some work on presentation.

DrBong 27 May 2003 05:24

All Rounder might have been the PD cricket game I was thinking of when I was talking about Amos Cricket. Bah....now I have to look through my gigantic pile of disks to satisfy my curiosity! :scream

Twistin'Ghost 27 May 2003 07:14

Yeah, I did a capsule review for it in some online mag...I forgot its name...the one Jason Compton used to put out...it's all over Aminet, but I forgot the name. (sigh) Now *I* have to go to Aminet to satisfy *my* curiosity...lol!

OK, it was Amiga Report Online Magazine. At least something I created is on Aminet. That and the docs for Apple 2000 (emulator), which I created the AmigaGuide docs for (and beta tested).

I have a pretty stuffed PD games database, as well, for whenever HOL's commercial division is complete (if ever!)