English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   New to Emulation or Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   burn several isos on one cd? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=11983)

Dasse 22 November 2003 14:11

burn several isos on one cd?

Do someone know how to burn in several amiga isos to save place on a cd..like a menu coz it is a bit unnecessary to burn in just a few mb:s.. like premiere =)

thomas 22 November 2003 17:56

Re: burn several isos on one cd?

Quote:

Originally posted by Dasse
Do someone know how to burn in several amiga isos to save place on a cd..like a menu coz it is a bit unnecessary to burn in just a few mb:s.. like premiere =)

I don't think this is possible. In the ISO files there are pointers referring to block numbers. If you move the ISO to another start block all those pointers point to nirvana.

You need to recreate the ISO from the original files in order to change the start block.

Bye,
Thomas

Echo 22 November 2003 18:02

If Amiga had an application like Daemon Tools it would be possible.

This PC application mounts BIN/ISO files as pseudo CD-ROM drives in My Computer. Installs are flawless with this method, and invaluable for testing an ISO before wasting a CD-R on potentially corrupt data.

mr_0rga5m 22 November 2003 18:15

I dont quite understand what you mean but ..

(A windows solution here.)
I've burnt lotsa ISO's to DVD .. Then if i wanna play em i just pop the DVD in the drive and the mount the ISO on the disk from DAEMON Tools.

Dunno if such a thing for mounting virtual drives exists on real amiga tho.

DrBong 22 November 2003 18:26

Quote:

Originally posted by Echo
If Amiga had an application like Daemon Tools it would be possible.

This PC application mounts BIN/ISO files as pseudo CD-ROM drives in My Computer. Installs are flawless with this method, and invaluable for testing an ISO before wasting a CD-R on potentially corrupt data.

Could MountISO on Aminet be the Amiga equivalent of Daemon Tools?

Edit: Link fixed.

Echo 22 November 2003 18:37

Quote:

Originally posted by DrBong
Could MountISO on Aminet be the Amiga equivalent of Daemon Tools?
Looks like it, nice :)

RetroMan 22 November 2003 22:35

MountISO is a bit unconfortable, better get VirtualCD from here -> http://michael.lanser.bei.t-online.de/download.html :)

Amiga1992 23 November 2003 02:49

I owe you the name,. but there is a cool filesystem pack that lets you mount almost anything, including a file (such as as an ISO) as a drive. It also brings handlers for Mac and PC drives (zipdisks, cds, anything!)

I'll check my Amiga in a while and post later the name , I think it had an X in it but I can't find it on Aminet (I downloaded it from there)

thomas 23 November 2003 12:52

Quote:

Originally posted by Akira
I owe you the name,. but there is a cool filesystem pack that lets you mount almost anything, including a file (such as as an ISO) as a drive. It also brings handlers for Mac and PC drives (zipdisks, cds, anything!)

I'll check my Amiga in a while and post later the name , I think it had an X in it but I can't find it on Aminet (I downloaded it from there)

The name is XFS. http://us.aminet.net/aminet.cgi?string=disk+xfs

But it isn't cappable of reading ISO files. At least the readme does not mention it. But of course you can use file.device and create a mountlist using any CD filesystem (e.g. CacheCDFS).

DrBong 23 November 2003 13:03

Quote:

Originally posted by RetroMan
MountISO is a bit unconfortable, better get VirtualCD
Sounds better than MountISO, but I wonder why it needs OS 3.5/3.9 to work??!!

Dasse 23 November 2003 13:15

okey.. lots of solutions..

hmm.. Okey I see that maybe its a solution.. but how did they make a menusystem on the cd32 covercd´s ? they have several games on it? but maybe they wasn´t ISO´s or so..

Amiga1992 23 November 2003 18:04

Quote:

Originally posted by thomas
But it isn't cappable of reading ISO files. At least the readme does not mention it. But of course you can use file.device and create a mountlist using any CD filesystem (e.g. CacheCDFS).
I thought you could mount an ISO with file.device, at least I think it is possible! XFS is a great little filesystem, I use it a lot, because it comprises it all in one comfortable package.
Quote:

Originally posted by Dasse
but how did they make a menusystem on the cd32 covercd´s ? they have several games on it? but maybe they wasn´t ISO´s or so..
:P NO they were not ISOs.

Mojo 29 November 2003 13:44

Use isobuster (google it), extract all into a directory, and create the directory as a new iso9660 image.

Adeptus 01 December 2003 03:47

Quote:

Originally posted by Mojo
Use isobuster (google it), extract all into a directory, and create the directory as a new iso9660 image.
This will work, but it won't be bootable for CD32
(need another program to do this... name escapes me... :confused )