English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Other (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   What Amiga Format Magazine Do I Need...? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=27120)

Peter 19 December 2006 11:29

What Amiga Format Magazine Do I Need...?

Around 1997 I had a short letter published in Amiga format - I think it would have been around May to August... Rather stupidly I got rid of my old Amiga Mag collection a few years ago but would be keen to buy this edition back or at least try to get a scan of the letter..

If anyone is feeling bored over Xmas I would be really grateful if you could take a look at these few editions and let me know which one the letter appeared in...

The letter was about Arcade games on the Amiga at the time and was from PJ Hull Bromley - Kent.

Once I know which edition it was in I will keep an eye out on Ebay for a copy - thanks for reading...

(I'm sure it was around 1997 but maybe 95 - 97...? :nuts )

Peter

Methanoid 19 December 2006 12:55

Know the feeling.. I was in AF twice.. once as a letter and once as a news item but the latter isn't something I like to talk about ;)

Codetapper 19 December 2006 13:03

I just had a quick look through Jan 1997-Sep 1997 in the mailbag section and couldn't find any letter matching that name. Do you have any better details like what was on the cover etc? Even the colour of the cover would narrow it down a lot!

Peter 19 December 2006 13:56

Wow - thanks for looking so quickly - I was sure it was 97 but maybe it was earlier, I cant recall what was on the cover I'm afraid - I will take a look at the editions on ebay for sale for anything that might jog my memory...

Methanoid - give us a clue - why dont you want to talk about the "News" item??

It would be interesting to get a show of hands as to who on this board had letters or articles published in the Amiga magazines - maybe the items could be uploaded to see what we were all saying at the time...

DrBong 19 December 2006 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter
Around 1997 I had a short letter published in Amiga format - I think it would have been around May to August...

If anyone is feeling bored over Xmas I would be really grateful if you could take a look at these few editions and let me know which one the letter appeared in...

Close. Your letter appeared in Issue 90 (Nov 96). PM me your address details and I'll send you a duplicate copy I have here as a late Christmas present :xmas

Codetapper 19 December 2006 19:37

1 Attachment(s)
Well found Carlo, here is the letter in it's glory:

Peter 19 December 2006 21:50

Cheers! - that's really great to see again - can't believe that was 10 years ago!

Seen a few games consoles come and go in that time...

Thanks again, Peter

Methanoid 20 December 2006 00:15

Quote:

Methanoid - give us a clue - why dont you want to talk about the "News" item??

The clue is in the Sig... and probably in the News of the January 1994 edition.. but seriously if anyone looks it up by all means PM me but DONT post here (really, DONT post here) :agree

Antiriad 22 December 2006 23:00

Sounds like someone got busted way back when ;)

Methanoid 23 December 2006 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiriad
Sounds like someone got busted way back when ;)

You'd have to give (by PM) more detail to win a Virtual Cookie!:lol

DDNI 23 December 2006 00:51

Methanoid, I dont see anything in news of AF Jan 1994.....?

Peter 23 December 2006 01:07

This is getting odd... Methanoid, are you about to list a copy of this magazine on Ebay... ? - maybe you are trying to generate a bidding frenzy to discover what happened... :) :)

Basquemactee1 23 December 2006 11:40

I sent a letter to AF once and in the body of the letter suggested that as a part of the "letter of the month" prize that they gave away a years subscription to AF. Not only did they tak my idea on board, but I was actually the first recipient for having suggested it!! Free AF for a whole year, plus the subs disks.......nice!

Methanoid 24 December 2006 00:20

Quote:

This is getting odd... Methanoid, are you about to list a copy of this magazine on Ebay... ? - maybe you are trying to generate a bidding frenzy to discover what happened... :) :)

Naaah I binned mine, even though it listed me. The same news story got on the front page of my local paper too but thankfully avoided the nationals!

It might be Feb issue thinking of the dates,, since AF deadlines for the Feb issue would be around 1st week of Jan!

Dig it out and PM if you find the story.. dont post here:banghead

DDNI 24 December 2006 00:52

hmmm there is something in FEB 1994 AF news...... :)

ElectroBlaster 17 March 2007 03:00

I have one hell of a massive pile of amiga magazines and im tempted to get them all out and have a look for feb 94 lol

Methanoid 19 March 2007 08:43

Go for it... PM me if U find it! ;)

DDNI 20 March 2007 10:40

Methanoid you tart your teasing that poor boy! You know I found the answer months ago!

Will I tell em....!!?? :evilgrin

Peter 20 March 2007 10:50

Tell Me... I started the thread... :-)