English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I'm stumpped! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=6942)

artyboy 17 October 2002 20:36

I'm stumpped!

I am new to this, what do I do to quit winuae to go back to windows without pressing alt+ctrl+delete?

RCK 17 October 2002 20:54

*read* the manual... or press F12.

andreas 17 October 2002 21:39

Re: I'm stumpped!

Quote:

Originally posted by artyboy
I am new to this, what do I do to quit winuae to go back to windows without pressing alt+ctrl+delete?
Even WinUAE has something in common with "ordinary" Windows applications.
Alt-F4.

Kodoichi 17 October 2002 21:43

Throw your monitor out of the window.

artyboy 17 October 2002 21:44

thanks but..

Thanks, i know about f12 but i want to quit uae alltogether without having to 'end task'

andreas 17 October 2002 21:48

I already wrote the solution ... see above

Dizzy 17 October 2002 22:05

I just push the big button :D :D

RCK 17 October 2002 22:26

nooo Kodoichi !!, please don't attach *the picture* or andreas will become again one EAB's berserker, noooooooooo :laughing :laughing

Kodoichi 17 October 2002 23:44

Quote:

Originally posted by RCK
nooo Kodoichi !!, please don't attach *the picture* or andreas will become again one EAB's berserker, noooooooooo :laughing :laughing
*Cursor over the post-button, finger is itching*

Drake1009 17 October 2002 23:48

Well maybe placing the "Quit" button in the Misc tab is a bit of a strange place for it. I find I don't usually do much other than change disk options and controllers when I've first booted up an emulated Amiga. And I need to restart the program anyway if I need a different configuration. Maybe when you bring up the F12 menu it'd be possible to add a "quitting for dummies" button next to the ok and cancel buttons? Only GUI programming I've done is through the Java swing libraries which is a walk in the park. Of course I don't know how hard or easy it is to add a button in C or whatever it's programmed in, but there's some different setup for wether it's running or not running anyway so wouldn't it just be a question of changing it there?

Amiga1992 18 October 2002 05:31

Bwahahahahaahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian 18 October 2002 10:04

Confusing GUI > Advanced Emulator (WinUAE)

Easy to use GUI > Basic Emulator (WinFellow)

If WinFellow did the stuff WinUAE can manage these days I'm postitive the GUI would be far more confusing.

§ane 18 October 2002 13:51

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Drake1009
Maybe when you bring up the F12 menu it'd be possible to add a "quitting for dummies" button next to the ok and cancel buttons?
Like this in the attached screenshot?

Quote:

Only GUI programming I've done is through the Java swing libraries which is a walk in the park. Of course I don't know how hard or easy it is to add a button in C or whatever it's programmed in, but there's some different setup for wether it's running or not running anyway so wouldn't it just be a question of changing it there?
It involves calling CreateWindow() to create the button and subclassing the PropertySheet dialog window so as to receive button events and respond to some messages. The source if Toni wants to use it in WinUAE.

Amiga1992 18 October 2002 20:49

How about pressing Alt-F4 and forget about all this complicated shite? :D