English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The PSX Datacenter is now open! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=33444)

spirit 03 December 2007 11:51

The PSX Datacenter is now open!

http://images.snesorama.us/psxdata/images/logo.jpg

Well, the time has come: The PSX Datacenter is since 29-November-2007 officially opened.

It had been a long year of work but now all of you can see the final design (at least for now). We have big plans about adding more features (like the cues for multitrack games and maybe other things) but it will be later, for now we only will be adding new entries.

It will be big project since there are more than 4000 PSX games (most of them without any kind of information in the web) but we hope that with the help of the contributors we can get it.

This is the url of the PSX Datacenter:
http://psxdata.snesorama.us

Have fun and if you can help us with the missing information (covers, descriptions, gamefaqs that you created, cheats, etc.) please do it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
:)

PS: I know that this new is not Amiga related but is retrogaming related for sure.

keropi 03 December 2007 12:09

wow, INTERESTING project!

Shoonay 03 December 2007 12:34

Nice!

OddbOd 03 December 2007 13:30

Hi spirit, congratulations on getting the site up, it's great to see a resource of the same quality (quantity will come I'm sure) as HOL and I'm sure there will be contributions from some of EAB's Playstation fans.
Quote:

Originally Posted by spirit (Post 375517)
We have big plans about adding more features (like the cues for multitrack games and maybe other things) but it will be later, for now we only will be adding new entries.

Have you guys been in touch with REDUMP yet? They may be willing to supply cue-sheets from their database which would save a lot of work as they already have over 1000.

frsoldier 03 December 2007 14:08

yep very interesting, thank you

spirit 03 December 2007 15:54

HOL is a great site (one of my favourite ones of course).

About the Datacenter cues I'm not very worried about them I got a lot of them but for now is just an idea that will be added on the future to the site, but I prefer on add more entries now so that way people can see what is missing and can Contribute.

There are a lot of missing covers (in all the regions) and descriptions (specially in the japanese part). But I hope that now that is online the people will start to add them as it happened in HOL that is getting new covers every few time.
:)

Dizzy 03 December 2007 16:10

wow what a kick ass site, this look very interesting :D

Graham Humphrey 03 December 2007 19:48

Superb work, it's going to be a great site, I'm sure.

spirit 05 December 2007 08:28

That's the idea, but for now we had just started.

But we're making updates as soon as time permits.

Anubis 06 December 2007 11:36

Great project!!!

I am interested in some cue, for example the one for Rage Racer. (the one I have is wrong)

It would be nice to hear music in the game again. :agree

spirit 06 December 2007 16:52

1 Attachment(s)
This is the multitrack cue for Rage Racer (NTSC-U version):
Attachment 15408

Remember that for the cue to work you have to put the exact name of you iso, image or bin where the cue says: CD.bin

Hope that helps you.

Today we had made another update to the Datacenter, but for now I'm curious of how many people visit the site since I suppose that is not very well known (maybe that could be the reason of the lack of contributions for now).

EmuChicken 07 December 2007 06:31

I live in japan at the moment, I have a few of them games on the list too :> ... what do you need chef? - I have (from the top of me head!) Front mission 2, gran turismo 1, and 2... uh some street fighter pachinko game... and parasite eve (not played that one yet)

... damn nice project... but one thing I want to say, is that is it possible to separate the sections up so its easier for the viewer to distinguish what we're looking at? ... right now its kinda like reading a book with no contents (the info bits)

spirit 07 December 2007 07:51

I think that I don't know exactly what you mean, the games that got an entry already got a info button to click, the rest don't. The goal is that every game got an entry.

If you mean inside the entries the different things are already separated (controls, cheats, information, covers, descriptions)...
:confused

EmuChicken 07 December 2007 14:17

I mean that after you click on the info button. The information should be split into sections that you can physically click on, much like HOL... Right now it loads pages and pages of information ......

kinda like, auto-aim on fps games.... ... if that makes sense

spirit 23 January 2009 15:03

Now i see your point.

But the pages are not so big and since the game covers load in a separate page is not so important. Is better this way at least from my point of view, since that way people see all the information in just one page and can see the missing parts.

The other way suppose that just a back cover is missing they will have to load 2 pages the main one and the covers one just to see that a back cover is missing, seems too much complicated.

-------------------------------------
UPDATE:

Ok. Lately i had added new sections to the site: Information, emulation and downloads. There there are information about the PSXOne console, some psx one controls, some of the most used emulators with some complete configuration guides and in the downloads there are the latest plugins, emulators versions, and the epsxecutor and pec with the latest codelist (that is being updated every few days so is better check it to get the latest one). In the future we will also host the multitrack cues and sbi files.

PROJECT STATUS: 1342 game entries at 21-January-2009

As usual please if anyone is interested please think about contribute the missing covers or anything that you think that could help us in get the project as complete as we can.

If you got doubts feel free to pm me or ask here in this thread.

Thanks.

Arnie 23 January 2009 18:15

When you click on the Emulation button the Contribute button changes to Emulate

spirit 24 January 2009 08:11

Is fixed now. If you find more errors please report them.

Stefan Lindberg 25 January 2009 13:00

Please don't use texture filtering when doing the screenshots... it look so wrong.

Bloodwych 25 January 2009 13:02

I love it!

A great PSX site. I can't believe I'm getting so old that the PSX is really nostalgic and retro now!

I still love playing micromachines on my PC RetroBox. The PSX version was just fantastic!

plasmatron 27 January 2009 13:41

I love your site. Great resource :great

Anyone knowing a good psx burning service :D:D:D