English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.aGTW (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Babylonian Twins - An Amiga game?! (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=39120)

coze 08 October 2008 09:36

doh, it seems my joystick was unplugged :) what a noob

TCD 08 October 2008 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by coze (Post 466098)
doh, it seems my joystick was unplugged :) what a noob

:lol Maybe you should have written that the sound still plays... ;)

Reynolds 09 October 2008 22:03

Yesterday evening. A game made in 1994-95 was loaded into a machine made in 1994 gave extraordinary entertainment for me. (made in 1977 :cool)
This game for me deserved it's place with the released classics of the era, Mr. Nutz, mr. Superfrog, mr. Brian (the lion) and the three lost mr Vikings ;P

Today my Amiga 2000 (made in 1987, ser no 00000136 :cool )will be powered on for this gem.

Mesopotamia Team: :bowdown

Ps.: me also haven't found the plam yet. :)

Retroplay 09 October 2008 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reynolds (Post 466650)
Ps.: me also haven't found the plam yet. :)

Me neither, I don't think it's in the demo.
I freed the other guy, placed him where I have to stand on his head and jump to reach the ledge.
Go all the way to the right over the two pits of fire and then the demo ends.
I'm just itching to play the full game. :spin

Reynolds 09 October 2008 22:18

Yeah, I have the same feeling, probably this is how the script was cut...?

No prob, if the full game will come :)

rkauer 11 October 2008 00:13

Sorry to come late on this thread! Mesopotamian guys: :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

@KG: I think it's time for a ready-made WHD pack. ;)

Sydric 11 October 2008 04:49

Hey guys - nice to see that Rabah made the demo available so you can all see what a great game this is!

For those interested (and that have not seen) we had commissioned an artist to create the artwork that was to be used for the game.

You can see it at this link:

http://pcmuseum.ca/images.asp?images=btwins-750.jpg

This poster is actually at the museum (although not always on display, and currently not on display). It's a standard poster size--not sure of the exact dimensions but you know what I mean. The artist used the opening screens for inspiration obviously for what was finally airbrushed.

Here's to hoping the game makes it on other platforms!

And AdamW - you really should call or email me, it's been way too long!

Cammy 11 October 2008 08:08

Here's to still hoping it makes it on the Amiga platform, too!

Daff 08 November 2008 08:23

The interview with Rabah is on Obligement's website : http://obligement.free.fr/articles_t...wshihab_en.php

TCD 18 January 2009 12:56

Any news about the full version? I still would love to see it one day :)

redblade 20 January 2009 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahir Hisham (Post 457995)
Hello All
Let me introduce myself, I'm 'Mahir Hisham', the music and sound effects guy :)
I was contacted by my old friend Rabah today when he found me accidentally on facebook after all these years, I'm happy for seeing all these posts about the game, happy to see the appreciation of effort, but on the same time, sad cause I think that this appreciation came out too late.
It is interesting to have the game on the market -someway- at last, not for money, not for pride, but to get as many people to know how our poor Iraq under sanction was having such creative minds that were also under sanction
we were a small group of collage kids having simple daily afternoon meetings at rabah's house, using simple equipments of Amiga 500 with no HD, hooked up to a TV using a TV modulator, and for me using a very rare piece of hardware that I was possessing those days which was an "Audio-In interface" so I could include all these traditional Iraqi music instruments some of which were sampled from real instruments, and some were from old recordings that were on LPs.... and for the records, I was allowed to use only 64Kb for each music piece..!!

I hate using the TV Screen to read hi res txt it gives you sore eyes, that's why I like the SVID on the CD32, the HI Res is still easy to read on a amiga screen.

Why couldn't the Amiga have a hi quality video output for the TV.

Akira 20 January 2009 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by redblade (Post 501414)
I hate using the TV Screen to read hi res txt it gives you sore eyes, that's why I like the SVID on the CD32, the HI Res is still easy to read on a amiga screen.

Why couldn't the Amiga have a hi quality video output for the TV.

Because the TV is not a high resolution screen? :P

Retroplay 26 July 2009 00:38

Got this info from the Facebook group.

Quote:

Babylonian Twins was selected for the Canada New Media Fund. That means if everything goes as planned, it should be be available on the iPhone, Xbox, PC and (as promised) on the Amiga by January 2010.
How sweet is that. :D

Retro-Nerd 26 July 2009 00:41

Wow, this is indeed great. A belated X-mas 2009 present. :great

Shoonay 26 July 2009 00:44

Can't wait... *droolz* :D

TCD 26 July 2009 00:49

Yeah! :spin Wow, I almost lost hope for the full version...
Big up to Rabah, Mahir and all the others involved in this game :bowdown
*Drools a bit too* ;)

Graham Humphrey 26 July 2009 01:45

Superb news - happy endings do happen sometimes it seems.

blade002 26 July 2009 03:15

I still haven't tried this game out yet :( .. silly me.

kriz 26 July 2009 05:55

very cool !!

nujack 26 July 2009 12:00

Great news!!! :great