English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   my 4D Sports Driving tracks! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=47229)

Bamiga2002 04 September 2009 09:17

my 4D Sports Driving tracks!

Hello.
Remember when you first played this game? Didin't it somehow blow your mind (it did mine!)? You could drive an Indy and design your own tracks also! What could be more fun? :)

Sooo...i decided to share my 4D Sports Driving tracks i've created. There are some tricky ones included aswell as some straightforward where you battle for that tiny fraction of a second to get to the highscore-list :D. Yes there are also my own highscores included :cool. Just try to beat my best time and i'll be amazed ;). You can do that! BUT only with the Indy!

Upped to the zone, just drop the files where the other tracks & highscores reside.

PS. i'll include my own replays for the tracks as well if someone wants :)

frikilokooo 05 September 2009 02:58

Nice game,I have hundreds of circuits downloaded from the internet,the editor tool is awesome.I take a look to yours:)

Bamiga2002 05 September 2009 10:00

Ooops! The Whoomppi-track is not included :rolleyes (only replay and some other highscore), i've messed up the correct files. I'll upload a correct archive tomorrow.

EDIT: now Zoned! Enjoy! :)

Bamiga2002 08 September 2009 00:02

Someone had any luck beating my hiscores yet? :D

Bamiga2002 09 September 2009 23:59

Should i post my replays aswell for you to see how I raced the top times? :rolleyes

mailman 10 September 2009 18:30

I tried your tracks. Well, your records are quite impressive but tracks are a bit tedious. Just speed tracks and this is the only challenge in them. Personally I like tracks where you have a lot obstacles and more important is not the speed but technique of dealing with them. Nevertheless, your tracks were added to my huuuuuge collection ;)

Bamiga2002 10 September 2009 20:08

Yes i like speed you noticed :)!

I myself tend to get frustrated driving over-lengthy tracks, especially near the end if i make one mistake after successful driving and crash the car it's game over.

I like reasonably lengthy tracks where you can improve your time bit by bit and perfect the course over and over. But maybe i make some more challenging tracks with bit more length and tricks in the future :evilgrin

Bamiga2002 11 September 2009 17:22

Could you send your own tracks for me to try on?
While we're at it, why don't we make this a sticky thread for 4D Sports Driving (a.ka Stunts) user tracks? :)

SpookyAmiga 11 September 2009 20:53

I first came across this game on the PC so have never played the Amiga version. Have downloaded your tracks though so will take a look when I get myself up and running :-)

Does the Amiga version have the same "features" the PC version has? On the PC version if you got up to a very high speed and crashed into something at funny angles the car would take off. And I mean take off sky high and you'd end up with an arial view of the track. I think it was a bug.
This also seemed to work if you constantly forced your car into the computer controlled car too.

You could also build tracks with really long tunnels and when you got up enough speed you could drive upside down in the tunnel :spin

I've never liked playing games the way you're "supposed" too :D

mcbpete 13 September 2009 18:38

Has anyone played the remake of this, it's pretty good and faithful to the original: http://tileracer.model-view.com/ Plus it has the same tile-based level editor

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookyAmiga (Post 594009)
On the PC version if you got up to a very high speed and crashed into something at funny angles the car would take off. And I mean take off sky high and you'd end up with an arial view of the track. I think it was a bug.
This also seemed to work if you constantly forced your car into the computer controlled car too.

I used to do this all the time, I think you could also make it go mental if you drove at the external fence at an angle that didn't make you crash but made you travel at insane speeds.

Bamiga2002 14 September 2009 14:47

Yes your Indy became crazy in the PC version, but not on Amiga. The "flying" bug is in both versions still :).