English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Games images which need to be WHDified (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Virocop ECS (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=62600)

Solid Snake 08 January 2012 22:51

Virocop ECS

This is quite rare. The ECS version is NDOS protected and it is not possible to install on HD, whereas the AGA version came unprotected with its own HD installer ?

Is anyone working on a whdload version of Virocop ECS ?

lordofchaos 09 January 2012 18:01

Yeah I second that, an ECS whdload version would be nice. Hell any game that hasnt already been Whdload`d would be great!

frikilokooo 09 January 2012 21:33

I second that , AGA version suffers slowdowns.

Abaddon 09 January 2012 23:24

I'll take a look at it when I get time.

Edit: I have started it and hope to have a beta this weekend.

Solid Snake 25 January 2012 15:01

:great Keep up the good work. :cool

Abaddon 26 January 2012 04:56

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a beta for you guys.

There is one slight issue that I need to resolve. When the main title screen appears, do not press fire until the robot starts to move down the screen otherwise you will get a blank screen and have to press F10 to quit. You can however press F5 immediately when the screen is displayed and try one of the included passwords.

The game requires 1 meg of chip at the moment.

BUTTONWAIT - Pause intro screen
Custom1=1 Infinite lives and energy

The images that are included are registered to me so you can use the passwords below. I will upload a final version to the zone with unregistered disks.

2. BPPGKFK
3. HNNFSMS
4. VMDTRHR
5. SCGBTJT
6. FHTCKBK
7. HBFBDMD
8. RJBMSFS
9. NPNLLNL
10. SKSHBPB
11. KSKLHKH
12. FTRLMRM
13. FTBLSBS
14. MGLHNHN
15. NBRTDSM
16. JFLLHLP
17. SBPTSJL

Edit: Disks 2 and 3 will be trimmed in the final version.

Solid Snake 26 January 2012 11:15

Respect to Abaddon. Bowdown!

Abaddon 01 February 2012 05:08

I meant to post an updated slave which fixes an access fault that occurs on an some hardware configs (a500 and a600), but I got sidetracked and now I'm in the middle of adding cd32 joypad support and started 2 meg chip version, so it will not be ready probably till the weekend.

Solid Snake 01 February 2012 11:51

Yes, you're right. There is an access fault with the slave when starting on an A600. Lookin forward to the updated slave :great

Abaddon 08 February 2012 03:19

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't had time to complete the CD32 joypad support and I have spent a lot of time trying to track down the bug when pressing fire when the press fire screen first appears. I have not found the issue yet. I did discover starting from fresh images without a registered name it works fine, but once the game is registered the next time you run the slave the issue is present.

Does anyone happen to have the original disks (not ipf). I'm just curious if this issue exist from disk as well.

I have upload a newer version of the slave that resolves the issue with running it on an a500 and a600. Also added blitter patches which can be disabled by setting custom2=1.

Remember do not press fire until Dave moves down the screen. You can however press F5 immediately when the screen is displayed and try one of the included passwords.

vulture 10 February 2012 10:32

good work man! thx!

lordofchaos 13 February 2012 13:26

Thank you for the great work on this patch, much appreciated. :)

Abaddon 13 February 2012 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulture (Post 801438)
good work man! thx!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofchaos (Post 801951)
Thank you for the great work on this patch, much appreciated. :)

You're both welcome. I'm still having a bitch of a time trying to find the issue on the initial press fire screen. The 2meg chip version is completed to the same point as the 1 meg version, not sure I notice any difference though, at times I think sounds/music is better, but not 100% sure.

Edit: I took a break from this for a few weeks and just got back to it. I tracked down the bug on the press fire screen and am finishing up the CD32 joypad support. I should have a new slave by the weekend. Still need to check for more snoop bugs.

Abaddon 01 April 2012 18:47

1 Attachment(s)
Here is hopefully the final version. I decided not to implement cd32 joypad support as the game already supported a second fire button and I don't think can handle any more play testing of this game.

version 1.0 (03-23-2012) done by Keith Krellwitz (Abaddon):
- System friendly disk imager.
- Manual Protection Removed
- Trainer (Custom1=1) - Infinite Energy, Cash & Lives
- Load/Save registration to HD (saves to Disk.1 image)
- Load/Save high scores
- Patched quit for 68000
- Fixed 1x access faults
- Fixed issue with press fire screen. Issue was with the
diskswap routine.
- Fixed 2x copper snoop bugs
- Custom2=1 - Disable blitter patches
- Fixed access fault which occurs right before the game over screen.

Solid Snake 01 April 2012 21:18

:bowdown Complete r-e-s-p-e-c-t to Abaddon for another quality release!

It takes many hours to debug a game and write a slave for any game. My thanks to you and the many other whdload game slave authors. It is due to their dedication, time and effort that we all get to enjoy these Amiga classics.

Viva Amiga :great