English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Apps (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Wanted Installer software for lateset WHDlodar (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=22202)

Stormrider 07 March 2006 02:28

Wanted Installer software for lateset WHDlodar
 
Hi all
When I try to install the latest WHDload I get a message Unable to open your tool Installer
Where can I find the Installer software?

AMIGAZ 07 March 2006 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Hi all
When I try to install the latest WHDload I get a message Unable to open your tool Installer
Where can I find the Installer software?

On your Workbench Install disk..copy the file to your C folder on your Workbench partition

thomas 07 March 2006 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGAZ
On your Workbench Install disk..copy the file to your C folder on your Workbench partition

He needs Installer not Install. Install is for making floppy disks bootable, Installer is an interpreter for installatin scripts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormrider
When I try to install the latest WHDload I get a message Unable to open your tool Installer
Where can I find the Installer software?

http://www.aminet.net/search.php?query=installer-43

DoctorQ 07 March 2006 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas
He needs Installer not Install. Install is for making floppy disks bootable, Installer is an interpreter for installatin scripts.

OK, so now the Installer file isn't on the Install disk any longer??? That's a new one :)

thomas 07 March 2006 11:06

Quote:

OK, so now the Installer file isn't on the Install disk any longer??? That's a new one
Ooops, I didn't read it correctly. I thought he wanted to use C:Install. Of course the original Installer is still on the Install disk. But it is old and outdated anyway. Better use the one linked above or even the one from the OS3.9 NDK.

DoctorQ 07 March 2006 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas
Ooops, I didn't read it correctly. I thought he wanted to use C:Install. Of course the original Installer is still on the Install disk. But it is old and outdated anyway. Better use the one linked above or even the one from the OS3.9 NDK.

But still usable though, at least for WHDLoad installers. I agree anyway, better to get it updated, but it's not an absolute must.

Anubis 08 March 2006 12:22

Most of new WHDLoad complains if you don't have latest installer (the one from os3.9 ndk).

Use Classic WB and no problems with WHDload or installer. :spin


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.03924 seconds with 11 queries