English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Amiga Game Factory (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   New Amiga Game Project (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=49990)

Landoq 05 January 2010 13:17

New Amiga Game Project

Hi

i am really thinking in develop a new amiga game. I program in C and Basic Blitz. but i need someone wants made the graphics and music.

some remarks:

- Please, if we started the project, we have to finish.
- the game would be freeware and distributed by Aminet. Not Money reward.
- The Game should work in all Amiga classic models.

thanks

Happy New Year.

mihcael 05 January 2010 13:20

What style of game? More details....

Landoq 05 January 2010 13:32

i am thinking in a strategy turn based space game with RPG elements.

but, i am open to other ideas. :great

Landoq 05 January 2010 21:19

another idea is a remake of the classic UltimateĀ“s Atic Atac.

Zetr0 06 January 2010 00:05

@landoq

I like your thinking, I truly do, theres some fine projects that are looking for coders, this might be a better start before jumping into your own game although I do wish you the very best in this endevor.

I would look at Game Design being your first port of call.

I love the idea of an atic-attack remake / clone with the power of the miggy one could make this a very good game indeed =D

unless you have been blessed by god, RPG's are very hard to make and conceptualize as an entity sure, but as a whole gaming environment no, you need stories, sub-stories and a good game mechanic as well.

I am not saying its impossible, I am just saying RPG development is more TEAM orientated than one or two people.

Artists, these are the people that make a concept work by commuinicating it to the user/player, either in music or graphical mediums, this requres a lot of time on thier part, and can (and often will be) a lynch pin in games development.

Cammy 06 January 2010 00:45

Maybe you'd like to brush up on your Amiga game making skills by having a go at our next games making contest! Our last one was quite successful, and a lot of people took it as an opportunity to learn more about developing on the Amiga and to finally have a go at something they'd been holding back from trying for so long.

Our last game making contest was themed around Christmas, but we will have a new theme for each contest we hold, and we're going to try holding four contests each year. At the end of each contest, we want to help everyone who entered to polish up their games, make them play better and look and sound more professional, and then release the games on Aminet, our own upcoming Amiga games distribution service, and as compilation CDs which we will sell from our online store for a budget price (the CD ISOs and coverart will be freely downloadable if you choose to burn and print it yourself).

Each contest we hold will allow you to create a game in any genre you like, as long as it goes along with the theme of the contest, so it has rules, but also quite a bit of freedom.

The Amiga games market has been pretty dead for a long time now, and up until last month we only had two or three Christmas-themed games to play during the festive season. Thanks to our first competition, which had an incredibly tight deadline of only two weeks, we now have over ten Christmas games for the Amiga, with more to come. Future contests will have longer development timeframes, and plenty of different themes to help give people something to be creative with.

If you'd like to check out the entries for the current contest, check them out here - http://amigachristmastree.condor.ser...mpetition.html

There are also a few more games that were made that didn't make it in time for the contest deadline which are being worked on and will be released with the rest of the games once they've been completely bug-tested and fixed up.

Hungry Horace 06 January 2010 01:40

@ Landoq

I'm considering learning Blitz myself and have an idea & designs for an Alien Breed / Cannon Fodder game i've been holding back on for sometime.

I have music sorted, and would be doing the sound fx myself, i have a general style and idea, and I even have the understanding as to how the game code's "structure" would/could work, for my time working in other languages.

Although i do believe some graphics artists (one for ingame and possibly another if intro's / outros were to be added) would be needed as well.

If you would be interested on working on something like that collaboratively, let me know (we can discss via PM if preferred) , as such a project would aid myself in learning another language I'd be happy to work on it with others.

Zetr0 06 January 2010 02:52

I have to admit, even though I love C and lowlevel C at that, I am looking forward to playing around in blitz =)

@O Hungry one,

if you have any concept art m8, I can have play with some stuff if you wish for environments (in game/menus) etc

Landoq 07 January 2010 14:55

Working with C, Amos and Blitz from the old days of Amiga. However, I need a graphic artist.

I know the difficulty to start and finish developing a game (I work at it professionally for many years) but the reason for carrying out this project is to have fun and remember the old days, no?

;)

Beawolf 07 January 2010 15:56

If need help, im here for some gfx.

Landoq 07 January 2010 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beawolf (Post 631667)
If need help, im here for some gfx.

We have a volunteer. Thank you very much ;)

You have a idea or preference about game thematic ?

Hungry Horace 07 January 2010 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetr0 (Post 631194)
@O Hungry one,

if you have any concept art m8, I can have play with some stuff if you wish for environments (in game/menus) etc

i have sent you a lengthy PM on the subject :D

Beawolf 08 January 2010 17:03

YEAR 2340, THE HUMANS ARE ENSLAVED BY A DEMI-GOD RACE CALLED "UOIOL-TREBAKIN"
ONLY US HERO SPONGEBOB CAN SAVE US! MUHAHAHAH!
Ok, just joking XD, anyway ill be happy to help in any kind of game that you want make.
Im under your service, sir. XD

kriz 08 January 2010 17:25

Cool stuff, hope this project gets going !!

Jack Burton 08 January 2010 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landoq (Post 630939)
i am thinking in a strategy turn based space game with RPG elements.

but, i am open to other ideas. :great

Strategy turn based space game ?

NECTARIS !!! :bowdown

Zener 11 January 2010 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammy (Post 631174)
Our last game making contest was themed around Christmas, but we will have a new theme for each contest we hold, and we're going to try holding four contests each year.

I think four contests (3 months for each) every year could be a bit too much, people will present only demos of games instead of full games. Maybe one for Summer and one for Winter works better with the number of active amiga developers. :spin

musojon74 11 January 2010 14:14

Yo! I'm in for music if ya need me. PM if so :)