English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Curse of Ra (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=957)

morph72 04 August 2001 15:08

The Curse of Ra

I'm looking for a WORKING version of the game The Curse of Ra (published in 1990 by Rainbow Arts). The version I have doesn't boot - and it's an NDOS disk so I can't start it from WB either. :(

This seems to be quite rare, I didn't find it on any of the usual sites. Any help with this would be much appreciated guys. :)

Drake1009 04 August 2001 17:34

I'm going to upload a version of the game I have. It's cracked and trained and in the trainer menu it says it's the game from Rainbow arts, the year in the title screen seems right too though I can't find the year there.

I'll attach the title screen so you don't download it in vain if it isn't the game.

It works on Winfellow for me

<Ian>
Removed screenshot.
</Ian>

morph72 04 August 2001 20:57

Yeah, that's the one. As far as I can tell anyway, since my version doesn't boot at all. I do happen to know that the music for the game was done by Rudolf Stember, which your title shot confirms. Thanks a million! :)

P.S.: Just noticed that a game called "Ra" is already in our TOSEC dat - seems to be the same one as yours, though it doesn't have a trainer. Doh! I was sure the game's title is "The Curse of Ra", that's why I didn't find it.

P.P.S.: Hm. Actually, the version you posted is exactly the same as the one in our dat... cracked by Tristar/Red Sector. Mega-Doh! But I didn't find any trainer, are you sure it has one?

Drake1009 04 August 2001 21:51

I don't know if it's a trainer or cracker info. I have a couple of games with trainers which looked a little like that, and I was more interested in seeing to it that the game did indeed work.

CRSV 05 August 2001 02:05

Hmmm ...
I had that listed as a Cyberstyle game. It's hard for me to tell so usually I default to the company that is with the copyright date.

I also didn't know it was called The Curse of Ra. Nice when some actually has the package to look at. :)

Also, I notice that it's a Tristar & Red Sector crack which I abbreviate TRSI.

So the games in the TOSEC dat will be changed to,

Curse of Ra, The (1990)(Rainbow Arts)[cr TRSI].adf

Thanks for the info.

Twistin'Ghost 05 August 2001 03:00

Yeah, in the recent TOSEC flood in abem, I noticed there were a few games marked as being cracked by TRSI and some others which had them spelled out, but are the same.

I also noticed a handful of others that listed either the author or development team, while they were published by a major label. I realize how hard it is to have all information available. Also, I looked over the dat files of the latest update and the amount of info you guys have scored is quite amazing. I can thumb through some of that and email you some info if you guys would like.

I think when the database we are working on here goes live, you guys will be able to fill in a lot of gaps, but I would also like to note that the TOSEC files I have been getting have also helped me with my part of the database in a lot of ways, too. So you guys have adf's of everything listed in those dat files?

CRSV 05 August 2001 03:40

First, corrections to the TOSEC database are always welcome. It's a large undertaking and mistakes are inevitable. Especially when you're working on it at 3 am :) Also, there are two or three of us doing the renaming, which makes some inconsistency in the renaming pop-up. You can either give the corrections to Morph72 or myself, and we will act on them. Second, I have all the files in the TOSEC database. And many, many more ... Actually my goal is to have all the files in the BTTR database. When your database becomes reality, I imagine that will be my goal too.

I have a collector-disease and a desire to preserve Amiga and video-game stuff. I hear horror stories about people's vast Amiga disks collections becoming worthless because the disks are all corrupt now. Let us all observe a moment of silence..... When names aren't consistent, you never know what your downloading. I can't waste time downloading stuff (56k modem) I already have.

Twistin'Ghost 05 August 2001 06:29

Well, dude - we're on the same team then, since that is my goal, as well. In fact, it's largely the inspiration for my part of the database and I am sure the same can be said for every member of the database team. I was that way back in the golden age of Amiga leeching and had to be very creative to acquire what I was getting. Looking back, I might could have done more if I even had an inkling that the stuff would evaporate as fast as it was threatening to, but rarely did I ever miss an opportunity to grab any game and I managed to preserve most of it.

I have a bunch of stuff on tape that I still have yet to restore (it seems something always keeps a barricade from me being able to restore these tapes), so one day soon we can dump all of that stuff your way, as well. You probably have a few titles from my MIA list, as well.

Lirex 09 April 2005 15:39

About The Curse of Ra

Hi,

I can't find anywhere crack for "The Curse of Ra". Not even cracked version. Can you help me, please?

Regards,

CodyJarrett 09 April 2005 15:49

You can download it from here:

http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?s...dat=257&page=c