English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   MarketPlace (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   WANTED - 4MB AMIGA 1200 Trapdoor RAM (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64101)

mancity 29 April 2012 12:00

WANTED - 4MB AMIGA 1200 Trapdoor RAM

Hi guys,

Looking for the above at a decent price.

Please let me know if you have this and a price, I have money waiting and want to get it ASAP :)

Thank you,

ElectroBlaster 29 April 2012 17:37

I have something I may part with:

I have an a1200 ram expansion with clock, fpu and 8mb of ram. It was originally sold by wizard developments afaik but it is the same as the Amitek Hawk board. It is currently sat in my best a1200 and hasnt seen alot of use. The machine is all boxed up at the moment so will have to confirm what speed the fpu is.

I am thinking of selling to help fund an 030 card and also planning to retro-fit a cf-ide adaptor (the missus really moans when I spend money lol) so something has to go to help keep costs down a bit.

I would be looking for £65-postage included. paypal gift.

EDIT: I just realised, do you mean just the ram stick? I have some here if you do.

mancity 29 April 2012 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectroBlaster (Post 815364)
I have something I may part with:

I have an a1200 ram expansion with clock, fpu and 8mb of ram. It was originally sold by wizard developments afaik but it is the same as the Amitek Hawk board. It is currently sat in my best a1200 and hasnt seen alot of use. The machine is all boxed up at the moment so will have to confirm what speed the fpu is.

I am thinking of selling to help fund an 030 card and also planning to retro-fit a cf-ide adaptor (the missus really moans when I spend money lol) so something has to go to help keep costs down a bit.

I would be looking for £65-postage included. paypal gift.

EDIT: I just realised, do you mean just the ram stick? I have some here if you do.

Hi mate,

I am wanting a trapdoor RAM expansion of 4MB. I have a CF which I need to work and as I am using workbench 3.1, it cannot be more than 4MB with some accelerator cards as they disable the PCMCIA slot.

Do you know whether your 8MB RAM card disables the PCMCIA slot or whether it has a switch on it to reduce to 4MB (which I believe some do)?

Regards,

johnim 29 April 2012 18:50

you can just swap the simm to the 4mb and this will be fine mate snap his hand off

fitzsteve 29 April 2012 18:51

There should be a jumper to set 8mb down to 4mb for PCMCIA compatibility, as I mentioned in your other thread you can fit a toggle switch to it.

Or you can just use a 4mb Simm and not worry :)

Here is some more info on the card offered:

http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/hawk

mancity 29 April 2012 18:53

ElectroBlaster, please PM me soon as you get this note, I want this :)

ElectroBlaster 29 April 2012 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by mancity (Post 815375)
Hi mate,

I am wanting a trapdoor RAM expansion of 4MB. I have a CF which I need to work and as I am using workbench 3.1, it cannot be more than 4MB with some accelerator cards as they disable the PCMCIA slot.

Do you know whether your 8MB RAM card disables the PCMCIA slot or whether it has a switch on it to reduce to 4MB (which I believe some do)?

Regards,

Hi :)

Yes it can disable the memory down to 4mb. Ive had to do that in the past when using a pcmcia network card and one of those pcmcia compact flash adaptors.

EDIT: Will send a pm soon. Just doing all the usual family routine stuff, I have two teenagers who need a kick up the bum to get their stuff ready for school in the morning.

mancity 29 April 2012 19:33

Ok no problem.

Just drop me your paypal address and i'll send payment across straight away :)

Retro1234 29 April 2012 19:39

If you have/get kickstart 3.0 it seems the PCMCIA slot isnt affect by such cards

mancity 29 April 2012 20:10

This RAM expansion looks perfect for what I want it for :)

ElectroBlaster 30 April 2012 15:17

Glad we could do business :)

mancity 30 April 2012 15:30

Thanks alot mate, looking forward to getting it :)

seuden 30 April 2012 16:15

Congrats mancity. Have fun with WHDLoad. :D

mancity 30 April 2012 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by seuden (Post 815497)
Congrats mancity. Have fun with WHDLoad. :D

Cheers!

Bad luck for you tonight ;):agree

prabmire 01 May 2012 23:21

UGH i put a wanted post up twice, and nobody bothered responding! mancity always steals my wants!

mancity 02 May 2012 14:38

Electro Blaster offered you this RAM on your post FIRST mate! lol

Looks like you just never responded pal...

mikele 04 May 2012 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mancity (Post 815895)
Electro Blaster offered you this RAM on your post FIRST mate! lol

Looks like you just never responded pal...

true, also he never responded to me, despite his declaration to pay me. Had to turn down some offers while I was waiting for his payment :-/ You'd better stay away from this guy, acts like attention deficit driven kid.

mancity 11 May 2012 09:40

Item received from Electro Blaster.

Thanks mate and thanks for all your help with this! :D