English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.ClassicWB (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ClassicWB GAAE (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=34236)

Vikingex 13 January 2008 23:37

ClassicWB GAAE

Hi,

I am currently trying to install this onto my flash memory stick in order to train myself before I finally install everything onto my A600 with CF memory as HD. I am a complete noob so please be aware :(

I went to the site and downloaded the zip file. However, the instructions tell me:

Place the "ClassicWB_GAAE.UAE" file into the WinUAE configurations directory.
  1. Start WinUAE and load the ClassicWB config. image
  2. Select a relevant ROM file in the ROMS tab. image
  3. Add the "System.hdf" file to the Hard Drives tab using "Add Hardfile" - make sure it's listed as being device DH0: image
  4. Save the configuration. image
  5. Boot and follow the on-screen instructions. image
Where is this config file and system.hdf?

coze 14 January 2008 00:19

inside the zip file.

Vikingex 14 January 2008 11:20

How would I use WinUAE to unzip it? It says corrupt in windows - I am guessing that this is because it is in amiga file structure?

coze 14 January 2008 13:25

no, a zip file is a zip file. windows or amiga do not matter. You have to open it on the windows side, winUAE can't open it. put the configuration file and system.hdf to somewhere convenient. then you'll show winuae these files.

if it says corrupt, it's probably a broken download. it must be a 14.2 mb file.

extralife 19 January 2008 13:55

It sounds like you have a broken download, I had same problem the other day, seems like windows wouldn't download complete file. I used flashget to download my workbench pack and it works now. Try download it using flashget m8, might work for u too :)

Vikingex 23 January 2008 09:49

Thanks the download works now with flashget. However, once I follow the first 5 steps I quoted above, what next? How do I get this onto my CF hard disk? I am not sure where it has "installed"?

extralife 24 January 2008 18:06

If all wen't well for u m8, u now have ClassicWB running in winuae now right ? ;) All the files are installed in a "hard disk file" to get them out of the HDF and on to the CF u have to add your CF in winuae's add harddrive, so when u start classicWB in winuae u have a second harddisk and then copy all files to there with diropus (right click harddisk with classicWB on and click browse, in one window u have your system disk, in other your CF disk. mark all files on system disk and copy to CF disk) I guess your CF must be amiga formatted to use as harddisk on amiga.
did that make any sense at all :nuts
Not using CF as system harddisk myself i might add, but I would think u get the idea of what must be done m8

Vikingex 24 January 2008 21:27

What do you mean by "in one window you have your system disk", how do I browse to this? When I install ClassicWB in winuae, where does that install to?

Vikingex 24 January 2008 23:05

Hmm ok I have learnt some AmigaDos commands, though having problems with the zip thing. I'm supposed to use Dopus but it won't load? It says:

"Unable to open screen/window!"

Vikingex 24 January 2008 23:40

Ok it was because I hadn't selected enough RAM. Anyways seems I am understanding the system.zip business. Yay :]

extralife 25 January 2008 16:29

well gz on getting your workbench zipped m8 ;), but as i understood it, u wanted your CF hd to boot your Classic WB on your amiga :confused but I might be wrong. If that is the case, then you can take a look at classic wb homepage under instructions, method 1, that would be the road to take i guess. I suppose your CF is on a ide adapter thingie (where the internal HD would normally sit ) in your amiga and not in the pcmcia slot on the ouside. If it's in the ide adapter thingie, u should be able to treat it like a normal amiga harddisk and if it's FFS formated u should just copy all the files in winuae from one disk to the other in dopus and plug it back into your amiga and it should work, I think ;)
I myself have a internal HD in my a1200 so i used a flashcard (or what ever they are called) and transferred the system.zip file to there, copied the zip from card to my amiga HD and installed with the install disk that was included in the archive (well it just unzips all files to hd really ;))
Let me know how you are doing m8 or PM me instead, coz i think this thread will be rather long lol

Vikingex 25 January 2008 19:45

Nevermind, the trapdoor expansion wasn't pushed in fully :P now I have the full 2mbs showing up.

DamienD 25 January 2008 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingex (Post 390779)
Is there anyway to test if it is working

A quick way would be to load 1MB game.

Edit: just noticed you edited your post while I was replying ;)