English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Miami (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=42847)

Parsec 23 February 2009 13:13

Miami

I've just got Miami 3.2b installed and working on my A1200, and it works really well with my MA401 wireless card.

But sometimes Miami goes offline, and it interrupts my Amiga Explorer transfers.

Are there any limitations in the non-registered version of Miami? If it could be that, does anyone have a key for it? I've only been able to find MiamiDX keys.

Also, what web browser should I use (just for getting stuff off aminet), is AWeb the best for my '030/50 machine?

Cheers :)

alexh 23 February 2009 13:19

Non registered Miami has a time-limit of 30 minutes.

Someone created a site called KeyRing which offers (illegally) keys for products which can no longer be registered.

If you cannot get a key for 3.2b then just switch to using MiamiDX?

Predseda 23 February 2009 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parsec (Post 514749)

Also, what web browser should I use (just for getting stuff off aminet), is AWeb the best for my '030/50 machine?

For this purpose I think iBrowse is good enough.

Parsec 23 February 2009 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexh (Post 514750)
Non registered Miami has a time-limit of 30 minutes.

Someone created a site called KeyRing which offers (illegally) keys for products which can no longer be registered.

If you cannot get a key for 3.2b then just switch to using MiamiDX?

Ah thanks :) I found a link to a site like that lastnight but the site was no longer there, but that one's up and running. I'll try the 3.0 product key he has.

Cheers for the iBrowse recommendation.

thomas 23 February 2009 15:57

Note that the keyring site is illegal. Old software or not, still available or not, it's not allowed to copy software without permission of the author.

alexh 23 February 2009 16:34

I did say that.

Parsec 23 February 2009 17:55

Yeah thanks, I do register my software (i.e. WHDLoad) but Miami is unavailable to buy at the moment, so not much we can do about that one. I will try to remember to pay for it if/when it becomes available to buy again...

What's the main differences between Miami and MiamiDX?

thomas 23 February 2009 18:39

Quote:

I did say that.
I see (now).

Quote:

What's the main differences between Miami and MiamiDX?
Miami Deluxe allows multiple interfaces, for example you can configure it as a NAT router if you have more than one NIC. Additionally it has a firewall.

A normal user does not need it.

BTW, if you are happy with Miami, you could as well use Genesis. There is a key for Genesis on the AmigaOS 3.9 CD which unlocks the demo version on Aminet, too.

Or you could use AmiTCP V3 it you are familiar with manual network configuration.

AmiTCP V3 is used by EasyNet from AmigaKit, too.