English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.WHDLoad (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Hammerfist 1 Disk Unsupported Version! (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=94311)

BarryB 20 September 2018 23:09

Hammerfist 1 Disk Unsupported Version!

Have the 1 Disk Activison UK / Vivid Image release of Hammerfist, made a CT RAW which installs in WinUAE with the Hammerfist v1.1 WHDLoad installer, but when you play I get this error:
Quote:

The data/disk-files are damaged
or it is an unsupported version.
Mantis Bugtracker has 3 reports with this problem, but the game loads fine from my CT RAW dump in WinUAE, so is it a bad installer?

StingRay 20 September 2018 23:26

Not a bad installer, it just doesn't support your particular version of the game. This can be fixed in an update of course.

dlfrsilver 20 September 2018 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1270486)
Have the 1 Disk Activison UK / Vivid Image release of Hammerfist, made a CT RAW which installs in WinUAE with the Hammerfist v1.1 WHDLoad installer, but when you play I get this error:
Mantis Bugtracker has 3 reports with this problem, but the game loads fine from my CT RAW dump in WinUAE, so is it a bad installer?

i have this same version unsupported as MFM disk image :)

BarryB 21 September 2018 00:38

@Sting: Yep, does seem to pull the data off the disk OK. Mantis still shows 2 open reports of this using v1.1 from 2014 so it's been reported but not fixed as yet, and one of those reports says it's 2 disks?

@Denis: Yours and mine must be the same version as SPS 1358 then as that also fails to run once installed!

dlfrsilver 21 September 2018 00:43

yes i guess so :)

BarryB 21 September 2018 01:30

I bet you dumped 1358 didn't you :)

dlfrsilver 21 September 2018 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1270519)
I bet you dumped 1358 didn't you :)

it's not coming from my original.

BarryB 21 September 2018 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1270563)
it's not coming from my original.

Yeah, you only dump the 'rare' stuff not this 'common' rubbish :D

dlfrsilver 21 September 2018 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1270720)
Yeah, you only dump the 'rare' stuff not this 'common' rubbish :D

ahaha that's indeed a way to say things :laughing:laughing:laughing

StingRay 22 September 2018 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1270503)
@Sting: Yep, does seem to pull the data off the disk OK. Mantis still shows 2 open reports of this using v1.1 from 2014 so it's been reported but not fixed as yet, and one of those reports says it's 2 disks?

2 disks is the default setting when submitting bug reports and many people don't bother to change this to the correct amount of disks. Anyway, updated patch which supports your version will soon be available.

BarryB 22 September 2018 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 1270891)
2 disks is the default setting when submitting bug reports and many people don't bother to change this to the correct amount of disks.Anyway, updated patch which supports your version will soon be available.

OK, thought there was a 2 disk version as well seeing as the installer says to leave the Hammerfist disk inserted when it asks for disk 2. I guess this is becasue it reads one side of the disk first then reads the other side!

Thanks for looking at this one Stingray :great

StingRay 22 September 2018 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1270923)
I guess this is becasue it reads one side of the disk first then reads the other side!

Exactly. I have recoded the imager already as I found that "insert disk 2" request rather annoying.

BarryB 22 September 2018 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 1270930)
Exactly. I have recoded the imager already as I found that "insert disk 2" request rather annoying.

Yes, was a tad confusing the first time I saw it and is really unecessary, at least it will be one less mouse click now ;)

StingRay 23 September 2018 17:29

Yours and another different version are now supported, update patch can be found on the WHDLoad site. Your CT Raw image is broken btw, track 91 is faulty.

BarryB 23 September 2018 19:11

Just tried and it installs fine with my CT Raw image, doesn't complain about track 91 being faulty? But the previous install didn't complain either, how odd!

The game runs fine now thanks to your update and installer, you can also see what the icons look like now :great

StingRay 23 September 2018 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1271214)
Just tried and it installs fine with my CT Raw image, doesn't complain about track 91 being faulty? But the previous install didn't complain either, how odd!

It's not odd, there are no checksum checks in the loader so as long as the SYNC and ID is found the track will be read. I have checked the data though and hence know that 1 track in your image is faulty. This will only be relevant once you reach part 2 of the game, for the first part you won't notice anything at all.

BarryB 23 September 2018 20:48

How far is part 2? The level skip cheat shows 16 screens, and they all load, so time to enable the trainer I think and see what happens, then redump track 91 (track 45.1 I think) if there are issues and create a new CT RAW!

StingRay 23 September 2018 21:04

Part 2 is file "BON2", as long as the game didn't load any new files you're still in part 1.

BarryB 23 September 2018 22:53

Right, i've no idea when part 2 loads so have saved state in WinUAE and will carry on playing and see how far I get!

Regardless of my faulty image, the new installer is working fine with my version!