English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Running Man (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63810)

BigHyorgi 04 April 2012 21:28

The Running Man

I've downloaded 2 different versions and they both get to the insert disk 2 and press fire screen. Nothing happens when you press fire. I've tried PAL and NTSC settings. Hit 5, 0, space, return, esc, on the keyboard. Pressed fire on my gamepad, of course. Tried disk 2 in DF0 and DF1. Googled. Binged. Searched this forum. Nothing.

Bamiga2002 05 April 2012 10:00

Do you mean WHDLoad-versions or direct floppy-versions?

BigHyorgi 05 April 2012 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 (Post 811626)
Do you mean WHDLoad-versions or direct floppy-versions?

They're ADFs.

mai 05 April 2012 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHyorgi (Post 811712)
They're ADFs.

crc32 please, both TOSEC disks are working for me.

BigHyorgi 05 April 2012 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 811714)
crc32 please, both TOSEC disks are working for me.

Your reply is very cryptic. Had to google Tosec. Still not quite sure what it is. I'm using WinUAE. CRC32? You think the ADF files didn't download properly?

mai 05 April 2012 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHyorgi (Post 811734)
Your reply is very cryptic. Had to google Tosec. Still not quite sure what it is. I'm using WinUAE. CRC32? You think the ADF files didn't download properly?

...other way around, what is the source of your download, or put disks in the zone and i will check, but i suppose wrong WinUAE cinfig.

BigHyorgi 06 April 2012 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 811743)
...other way around, what is the source of your download, or put disks in the zone and i will check, but i suppose wrong WinUAE cinfig.

Well, I got both versions from The Game Archives.

http://www.thegamearchives.com/?val=..._4_17_0_18_7_0

Arnie 06 April 2012 01:24

Just downloaded and tried the first set, running_man,_the_(1989)(grandslam)(disk_1_of_2)-amiga, and it works for me on default A500 config.

Check the settings for the game port panel. I use 'Keyboard Layout A'

BigHyorgi 06 April 2012 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnie (Post 811779)
Just downloaded and tried the first set, running_man,_the_(1989)(grandslam)(disk_1_of_2)-amiga, and it works for me on default A500 config.

Check the settings for the game port panel. I use 'Keyboard Layout A'

Port 1 Logitech MX510 optical mouse. Port 2 Logitech Rumblepad 2 USB. My gamepad works with every ADF I've tried. Using standard A500 config. Weird. I hit F12 at the insert disk 2 press fire when ready screen and changed to Keyboard Layout A. Went back, hit 5 and 0. Nothing. Just booted up Apidya. Hit fire at the disk B screen. Game started.

mai 06 April 2012 09:21

We had similar problem, i dont remember the name of the thread, if you insert disk 2 using the quickstart window it does indeed not work, use floppy window instead, then it should work.:great

mr.vince 06 April 2012 13:04

Game does not get disk change signalled. There are some games that require you to eject the disk, return to emulation, then insert other disk.

Toni Wilen 06 April 2012 14:24

Quickstart switch is already fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.vince (Post 811831)
Game does not get disk change signalled. There are some games that require you to eject the disk, return to emulation, then insert other disk.

Only if game is stupid enough to require more than 1.5s delay between eject and insert. (Which is of course possible..)

BigHyorgi 06 April 2012 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 811808)
We had similar problem, i dont remember the name of the thread, if you insert disk 2 using the quickstart window it does indeed not work, use floppy window instead, then it should work.:great

Woohoo. I went to the floppy drives window and ejected disk 1 and inserted disk 2. That did it. Doesn't work with the quickstart window. Checking further, you don't have to eject disk 1, you can just use the button to the right of the eject button to load disk 2. This game was slightly annoying to test as you get a prompt that says press fire to abort intro after the intro is finished. If you don't hit fire at the prompt, the intro starts again, and you have to wait for the next prompt. Why do this? Eh. I nitpick. Anyway, now I can finish this game 20 years later, as my floppy had a read/write error. While googling, I got the impression that this game isn't highly regarded by the amiga community. i liked it. It might be the best of the Schwarzenegger movie tie in games on the amiga. Which possibly isn't saying much. Thanks, Mai, and to the forum members who responded to my question. Happy Easter as well.

dlfrsilver 06 April 2012 18:54

The Running Man as a game on computer is as bad as "Ah-nold" is good in this movie :lol

BigHyorgi 06 April 2012 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 811890)
The Running Man as a game on computer is as bad as "Ah-nold" is good in this movie :lol

I rest my case.