English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   HOL contributions (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   WREX Cheat (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=100849)

StingRay 10 February 2020 23:04

WREX Cheat
 
I have just found a cheat in WREX which enables unlimited lives. During game type "nutter" to enable it.

ransom1122 10 February 2020 23:36

I used DamienD's WREX - Waste Recovery Extermination (19xx)(Domark).adf typed in nutter on level 1. Let the baddies win, but I get a game over screen once I'm fired (Lose the level)

StingRay 11 February 2020 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 1377934)
Let the baddies win, but I get a game over screen once I'm fired (Lose the level)


The cheat will only enable unlimited lives, nothing else! If you lose because the bad guys stole all your waste you'll get a game over screen.

ransom1122 11 February 2020 00:34

Isn't unlimited lives supposed to allow you to continue after you lose a life? I don't get what you mean Unlimited Lives when your lives deplete?

StingRay 11 February 2020 00:39

Unlimited lives = unlimited lives... If you get fired the game is over, you don't lose lives in that case! It's the way the game has been made and the cheat doesn't change that behaviour!

ross 11 February 2020 00:46

Well, the behavior can be changed. I've only to release the 100% and trained version that has been lying on my hdd for months.. ;)

StingRay 11 February 2020 06:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1377948)
Well, the behavior can be changed. I've only to release the 100% and trained version that has been lying on my hdd for months.. ;)


Of course it can be changed. :) But not by just activating the cheat.

ross 11 February 2020 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 1377972)
Of course it can be changed. :) But not by just activating the cheat.

That's for sure :)

DamienD 11 February 2020 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 1377934)
I used DamienD's WREX - Waste Recovery Extermination (19xx)(Domark).adf typed in nutter on level 1. Let the baddies win, but I get a game over screen once I'm fired (Lose the level)

Eh, it's not my .ADF... it's the only one availbale in TOSEC and has corrupt graphics when it's game over :p

https://i.imgur.com/c6JFmwr.png

https://i.imgur.com/2EAv8rU.png

There's a thread about it somewhere on EAB :agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1377948)
Well, the behavior can be changed.

Don't change this behaviour, this is how the game is supposed to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1377948)
I've only to release the 100% and trained version that has been lying on my hdd for months..

Yes, please, please, please do ross ;)

Hopefully I didn't spend hours play testing all 36 levels months back for nothing :p

ross 11 February 2020 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1378006)
Eh, it's not my .ADF... it's the only one availbale in TOSEC and has corrupt graphics when it's game over :p

With a little magic and hard work this image has been reconstructed :cool

Quote:

Don't change this behaviour, this is how the game is supposed to be.
I've only added a selectable time limit and an in-game key to zero it ;)

Quote:

Yes, please, please, please do ross ;)

Hopefully I didn't spend hours play testing all 36 levels months back for nothing :p
Only when you complete the insane level 37 :p

DamienD 11 February 2020 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1378015)
Only when you complete the insane level 37 :p

There is no level 37... some of these levels are indeed insane to complete and took me many, many, many attempts :scream

ross 11 February 2020 11:37

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1378016)
There is no level 37... some of these levels are indeed insane to complete and took me many, many, many attempts :scream

http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...1&d=1581417358

:D:D

ross 11 February 2020 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1378006)
Hopefully I didn't spend hours play testing all 36 levels months back for nothing :p

Ah! You need to redo it, I've added sound/voice effects to the last scene.

You can't miss it :)

DamienD 11 February 2020 11:57

No way, it took me many days to complete this; and I had to use savestates on every level... not a fun experience :scream

StingRay 12 February 2020 00:16

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1378006)
Eh, it's not my .ADF... it's the only one availbale in TOSEC and has corrupt graphics when it's game over :p


With a bit of time and a some lines of code this picture transforms to this "it could be much worse" version:
http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...1&d=1581463338

DamienD 12 February 2020 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 1378186)
With a bit of time and a some lines of code this picture transforms to this "it could be much worse" version:

ross has already painstakingly fixed all the corrupt graphic screens back in mid December 2019; and I've fully play tested the game until completion :agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1377948)
Well, the behavior can be changed. I've only to release the 100% and trained version that has been lying on my hdd for months.. ;)

<screenshots taken from the actual test version that ross sent me>

https://i.imgur.com/0Gc6lyq.png

https://i.imgur.com/RBvhEep.png

Unfortunately he's in such high demand; and constantly takes on numerous projects at once... fair enough; he's an extremely talented / obliging person and always happy to assist :great

It's totally his choice what he spends his time on though; and I'd say the same to any other coder for that matter :agree

...but on the flipside; this sometimes means that probably less interesting and time consuming ones like this (and *cough*; Shadow Warriors music fix / trained .ADF); which just now require the writing a nice cracktro / trainer; get put on the backburner.

Anyway, I don't hassle ross and am very grateful for all the fixes that he works on / provides :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

It will be ready when he's got the time; I have no doubt of that ;)

StingRay 12 February 2020 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1378192)
ross has already painstakingly fixed all the corrupt graphic screens back in mid December 2019


Which is why I didn't do any further work on that after reading it in this thread.

ross 12 February 2020 13:25

Damien I really appreciate your last message.
And above all, your patience ;)

Something moves under the ashes for WREX :D
So stay tuned.

Problem here, as usual, is that real life it's demanding and not being kids anymore.. everything is 'slowed down', time is limited.

So often I start doing something I like and when I see that it works, I abandon it for something else that I like (yes, when you do it just for your pleasure, it happens).
Being almost 50 is challenging, you would like to do many things but then you realize you can't do it anymore.

I found some old code that I wrote in the late 80's and I find myself trying it again and modifying it.
Often I am amazed at how good the routines were, even if simple, and I find code tricks that I didn't even remember using and I thought I had 'invented' only recently.
Sooner or later I will close the circle completely and go back to the C64 :p

Now back to normal life.. :rolleyes


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.05070 seconds with 11 queries