English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WinUAE 1.3.4 Catweasel mk4 joyport support not working (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=27351)

Dwyloc 05 January 2007 20:07

WinUAE 1.3.4 Catweasel mk4 joyport support not working

I can't get the WinUAE 1.3.4 to work with my Catweasel mk4 PCI joystick ports. But the Catweasel floppy drive emulation is sill working as I can still mount CAT: under winUAE and install software from floppy disk without problems.

As reverting to the previous release winUAE (winUAE 1.3.3) fixes the problem it looks like a new bug/configuration problem.

I am guessing that my problems are related to the "Improved Catweasel MK3/4 support without Windows driver installed" as I have the drivers for my Catweasel installed.

I am using the standard Amiga Forever 2006 workbench 3.1 configuration, but with the "catweasel" enabled under misc and port 1 setup to use catweasel joystick port 1.

I have also tried swapping over which port I have my joystick connected to as well.

The main details of my setup are as follows I am running MS Windows XP Pro SP2 32-bit edition with all current hot fixes and security fixes installed with Microsoft update.

My Hardware Specs are as follows :

Intel Core Duo2 2.4GHz CPU (not overclocked)
2GB RAM
MSI GeForce 7950GT 512MB driver ( Version: 93.71)
Catweasel mk4 PCI drivers (http://siliconsonic.de/t/bin/CWMK42200.zip)
Terratec DMX 6 Fire PCI soundcard.

boing_1000 05 January 2007 20:15

Close out WinUAE, restart the computer and try it again. If it doesn't work, it sounds like it's a bug that needs to be fixed.

Dwyloc 05 January 2007 20:30

Tried that :)

Magno Boots 06 January 2007 00:39

Is the 'catjoy2k' system file located in your system32/drivers folder?

Toni Wilen 06 January 2007 10:53

winuaebootlog.txt, please.

Dwyloc 06 January 2007 15:36

1 Attachment(s)
@Magno Boots
No I don't have catjoy2k.sys in windows\system32\drivers\, I only have catdri2k.sys, catSID2k.sys and catwea2k.sys.

The readme file for the catweasel drivers says that it is not get used by windows.

@Toni Wilen
OK I have attached my boot log for WinUAE 1.3.4.

Toni Wilen 08 January 2007 12:36

I don't see anything obviously wrong in catweasel code. Unfortunately I can't test MK4 with Windows drivers easily (no 64-bit drivers, need to move the card to other PC..)

Dwyloc 08 January 2007 12:57

I can also post the log for the older version tonight when I get home it that would help.

Toni Wilen 08 January 2007 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwyloc
I can also post the log for the older version tonight when I get home it that would help.

No need, CW detection message in your winuaebootlog.txt is correct.

Same problem if you select Catweasel mouse? (joystick firebutton = mouse left button)

btw, "Catweasel"-checkbox is only needed if you want CW ZorroII board emulation (=use floppy via multidisk.device)

Torkio 15 January 2007 02:49

Hallo there, I have got the same problem, my catweasel game port doesn't work with Winuae 1.3.4 but if I install Winuae 1.3.3 It works.
Note that I use Win XP and I've got the lastest catweasel drivers: Christmas version for Win2000 and WinXP (CWMK42200).
I hope you can solve this problem!

Torkio 15 January 2007 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
No need, CW detection message in your winuaebootlog.txt is correct.

Same problem if you select Catweasel mouse? (joystick firebutton = mouse left button)

btw, "Catweasel"-checkbox is only needed if you want CW ZorroII board emulation (=use floppy via multidisk.device)

I have the same problem if I select catweasel mouse and if I switch the ports too.

Torkio 18 January 2007 11:24

Any news on this matter? I'd like to use catweasel with 1.3.4 because in 1.3.3 there was a sound bug (mini pause then continue while you are playing) this bug is solved in 1.3.4 but catweasel gameport doesn't run... :banghead

Toni Wilen 18 January 2007 19:47

Not yet but I will debug it before first public beta.

Toni Wilen 19 January 2007 17:13

Fixed, looks like it is time to wear a brown paper bag for a while.

Torkio 20 January 2007 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
Fixed, looks like it is time to wear a brown paper bag for a while.

Nice one!
Sorry for my question but, now, what I have to do to use this fix?
BTW, I tried to solve the input lag problem switching the option "below normal" but nothing happens, the lag remain...