English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Terrain Racing original disk images (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=65653)

Retroplay 31 August 2012 18:51

[Found] All Terrain Racing original disk images

Does anybody have, if possible, original extended adfs of this game ?

[edit]
Found it on FTP.

dlfrsilver 31 August 2012 23:38

Magic has operate XD !

liviux76 07 September 2017 23:02

Hi, sorry for resurrecting this thread but my question is similar...

I've found the original eadf on the FTP but I don't know how to write an extended adf on a floppy disk, is it possible?

I own a kryoflux but it seems that there's no ipf image of this game...
Is there somewhere at least an adf of this game without cracktro?
Please, help if you can! :)

ross 07 September 2017 23:43

In The Zone!

Ciao,
ross

liviux76 08 September 2017 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1183201)
In The Zone!

Ciao,
ross

Great!
Thank you very much! :great

Mrz 08 September 2017 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by liviux76 (Post 1183196)

I've found the original eadf on the FTP but I don't know how to write an extended adf on a floppy disk, is it possible?

is possible on certain copy protected games ( but not all)
I copied lot of originals using this method
you can try the game all terrain racing and post here if worked

use a tool named mfmwarp
http://www.whdload.de/whdload/Tools/MFMWarp.lha

1 on winuae insert in df0 the extended adf and type "mfmwarp.exe read mygame"
2 copy the created mygame.mfm to your real amiga
3 type on your real amiga "mfmwarp.exe write mygame.mfm
4 insert a blank floppy in df0 and wait to finish
5 reboot your real amiga and check if worked

*another similar method involves the use of wwarp+winuae
*another method involves the use of powercopy+winuae but check this method first

haynor666 08 September 2017 15:01

There is no IPF because saves are normally wrote to original disk.

I have one copy but (which is strange) my disks have cracked version. Interesting why previous owner copy cracks unto disks.

Mrz 08 September 2017 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by haynor666 (Post 1183318)
There is no IPF because saves are normally wrote to original disk.

I have one copy but (which is strange) my disks have cracked version. Interesting why previous owner copy cracks unto disks.

nope
there is no ipf of ATR yet because the only ones capables to make ipf files is software preservation society
is because the original game still does not come to them
they are the only which have the tools to make ipf files and do not pass it on to anyone

liviux76 08 September 2017 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrz (Post 1183291)
is possible on certain copy protected games ( but not all)
I copied lot of originals using this method
you can try the game all terrain racing and post here if worked

use a tool named mfmwarp
http://www.whdload.de/whdload/Tools/MFMWarp.lha

1 on winuae insert in df0 the extended adf and type "mfmwarp.exe read mygame"
2 copy the created mygame.mfm to your real amiga
3 type on your real amiga "mfmwarp.exe write mygame.mfm
4 insert a blank floppy in df0 and wait to finish
5 reboot your real amiga and check if worked

*another similar method involves the use of wwarp+winuae
*another method involves the use of powercopy+winuae but check this method first

Thanks, as soon as I have a moment, I'll try this procedure and I'll report the results here. :great

dlfrsilver 08 September 2017 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrz (Post 1183363)
nope
there is no ipf of ATR yet because the only ones capables to make ipf files is software preservation society
they are the only which have the tools to make ipf files and do not pass it on to anyone

there is no ipf of ATR because all the copies so far are modified.

We are the only ones having the tool to make ipf files because 99% of people just would not be able to use the tool, and the tool is dongle protected, and tied the person using it.

liviux76 08 September 2017 22:15

@Mrz

Hi mate, I followed your instructions but unfortunately the disk I wrote doesn't work.

I created the .mfm file on e-uae (I use Linux) and then I wrote it twice: once on my A1200 and once on my A500+ but in both cases, when tested, the floppy disk was unreadable.

The "write" operations ended with some differences in the final results but, in both cases, they seemed to be successful.

Could you, please, tell me how to try the other two methods? Thanks in advance!

Mrz 09 September 2017 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by liviux76 (Post 1183417)
@Mrz

Hi mate, I followed your instructions but unfortunately the disk I wrote doesn't work.

I created the .mfm file on e-uae (I use Linux) and then I wrote it twice: once on my A1200 and once on my A500+ but in both cases, when tested, the floppy disk was unreadable.

The "write" operations ended with some differences in the final results but, in both cases, they seemed to be successful.

Could you, please, tell me how to try the other two methods? Thanks in advance!

I used the powercopy method and worked in this game
is only the disk 1 which have a few protected tracks , 78 and 79
the disk 2 is not copy protected

do you know how to use powercopy?
instead creating just 1 file like mfmwarp powercopy create a dir with lot of files for each floppy

you have to follow the same patern, insert the extended adf in winuae then trasnsfer the created directory by powercopy to you real amiga then create the floppy

liviux76 09 September 2017 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrz (Post 1183449)
I used the powercopy method and worked in this game
is only the disk 1 which have a few protected tracks , 78 and 79
the disk 2 is not copy protected

do you know how to use powercopy?
instead creating just 1 file like mfmwarp powercopy create a dir with lot of files for each floppy

you have to follow the same patern, insert the extended adf in winuae then trasnsfer the created directory by powercopy to you real amiga then create the floppy

Ok, I'll try that! :)

To be sincere, the "no-intro" adf(s) kindly provided by ross already did the trick. I wrote them on my original defective ATR disks and I was even able to install the game with WHDLoad on my A1200.

I want to give a try to the PowerCopy method as well to see if I am able to obtain a working disk 1 from the original uncracked eadf.

Thanks again to everyone that participated in this thread with their suggestions! :great

Mrz 09 September 2017 12:35

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by liviux76 (Post 1183460)
I want to give a try to the PowerCopy method as well to see if I am able to obtain a working disk 1 from the original uncracked eadf.

do it, works fine I tested it
and here is a basic powercopy tutorial which I have since long time ago, but you don't need to unselect speed adjust or click on track range like says there
the process is more simple, in winuae insert the ext adf, click on device,create a dir for the files, select df0 as source, dev as destination, and the other way around in your real amiga

haynor666 10 September 2017 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrz (Post 1183363)
nope

This is popular game and I'm sure it was dumped several times. Problem is game saves it's highscores into original disks so many copies are altered.

And yes, I know that only SPS members can make IPF files or... maybe not - some IPFs are unofficial ;)

liviux76 14 September 2017 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrz (Post 1183487)
do it, works fine I tested it
and here is a basic powercopy tutorial which I have since long time ago, but you don't need to unselect speed adjust or click on track range like says there
the process is more simple, in winuae insert the ext adf, click on device,create a dir for the files, select df0 as source, dev as destination, and the other way around in your real amiga

Hi,
I confirm that PowerCopy worked well.
Thanks for your help. :great