English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WinUAE joypad does not work after upgrade (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80545)

Zak 02 December 2015 21:17

WinUAE joypad does not work after upgrade

I got a problem. I upgraded to Windows 10, WinUAE still works but the XBox 360 controller doesn´t work anymore in WinUAE. It does still work in other games.
Whats wrong? Help please.

Edit: when I start WinUAE, the gamepad works for a while, but as soon as I pop up the menu to make a diskchange, the gamepad will stop working. Also: I can´t load from savestates, the gamepad won´t work then. I have installed WinUAE 3.2.0.

Realturrican 03 December 2015 00:05

Same problem here (Win 10, latest WinUAE). Especially if two XBox 360 controllers are chosen. After changing e.g. display settings I randomly lose one controller (exchanged by Windows mouse) and the second controller does not work anymore.

Toni Wilen 03 December 2015 09:20

Does it stop changing to mouse if you untick "Mouse/Joystick autoswitching" in game ports panel?

Toni Wilen 03 December 2015 09:20

Does it stop changing to mouse if you untick "Mouse/Joystick autoswitching" in game ports panel?

Belgarath 03 December 2015 10:10

In a possibly related problem, I'm having problems with WinUAE always setting a mouse for port 1(0). If I've set a game as controlled by port 1 then it writes the following config

Set_CFG_Value(%dbpath%\GameBase Amiga.uae||joyport0||kbd2)
Set_CFG_Value(%dbpath%\GameBase Amiga.uae||joyport1||kbd3)

But although it sets the 2nd port as layout c, the first port is always a windows mouse regardless of what keyboard layout I set, and this still happens after I've unticked the autoswitching.

edit: this is with the latest public beta and 3.2.1

Toni Wilen 03 December 2015 10:22

Probably unrelated to WinUAE version, I can't duplicate it using Windows 10. (It is practically impossible to be latest Windows version specific because I always upgrade as early as possible :D)

If you run with -log command line parameter, do you see input device re-enumeration log lines? (lots of log lines that shows all input devices, similar to winuaebootlog.txt input device listing) after winuae has been started?

Zak 03 December 2015 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1054069)

No, does not change anything. My WinUAE does not seem to switch to mouse. It´s just so that the gamepad doesn´t work anymore. Wenn you press F12, then you are done for and WinUAE isn´t usable for me without diskchange. :(

Toni Wilen 03 December 2015 10:42

Attach your config, winuaebootlog.txt and winuaelog.txt.

Tick debugging checkbox in paths panel before starting emulation, do something that causes the pad to disappear, wait few seconds, quit emulation, attach all files.

Zak 03 December 2015 11:03

I uploaded WinUAE debug-zak.zip to the Zone!
I hope I did that right?

Toni Wilen 03 December 2015 12:01

Log seems normal. Do you mean game ports panel shows pad selected but after starting emulation, it stays selected but stops working?

Does game ports panel remap/test button (and then press test again) do anything when you move the pad or press buttons? (before starting emulation and after it stops working).

Wired or wireless x360 pad?

Realturrican 03 December 2015 12:57

I have the wireless x360 pads.

Toni Wilen 03 December 2015 13:44

Everyone else also needs to attach logs and config. I am 100% sure there is more than 1 (totally different) problem.

Zak 03 December 2015 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1054092)
Log seems normal. Do you mean game ports panel shows pad selected but after starting emulation, it stays selected but stops working?

Does game ports panel remap/test button (and then press test again) do anything when you move the pad or press buttons? (before starting emulation and after it stops working).

Wired or wireless x360 pad?

It shows the pad selected all the time but stops working. On emulation startup, the test shows reaction when pressing buttons and moving the pad, but it does not show reaction after it stops working. I have a wired XBox 360 Pad.

Realturrican 03 December 2015 17:57

1 Attachment(s)
Please find attached the logs and the used config. Both wireless XBox 360 controllers are working with Windows 10 games without problems.

The error is reproducable (latest WinUAE) with several games (tested with Lotus 2 and Z-Out).

Procedure Z-Out:
1) Load config (see attachment).
2) Start. Game loads, gamepad button works on intro (as mouse button).
3) F2 for two players.
4) Game works with both controllers.
5) F12. Display->Fullscreen: set to native
6) ok. Both controllers work.
7) F12. Filter->Filter settings: set to default.
8) ok. both controllers are not responsive anymore.

The error occurs sometimes already after the first setup change.

Toni Wilen 03 December 2015 18:20

Does it stop happening in directinput mode? (use -norawhid command line parameter, "winuae.exe -norawhid")

Do you have some 3rd party security software? Some of them may restrict raw input in some situations (think it is some sort of key logger or something..)

Realturrican 03 December 2015 18:47

Winuae started in terminal:

C:\Program Files (x86)\WinUAE>winuae.exe -norawhid

Tested Z-out for five minutes and changed several settings via F12 menu.

Both controllers kept working. :-)

Windows 10 was recently installed. Mainly Avira, Steam and Office.

Do you need the logs?

Zak 03 December 2015 19:02

Same here: everything works with -norawhid option used.

Toni Wilen 03 December 2015 19:02

No need for logs but could you do some more tests:

- Does same happen with keyboard and/or mouse input?
- Do you have other USB gamepads? Same problem?
- Run winuae with -log -inputlog 4 command line parameters. Run in windowed mode, when gamepad stops working, does input event log messages also stop appearing in log window?

Zak 03 December 2015 19:19

Mouse input always kept working.
I have burried my other gamepad deeply somewhere, can´t use it now.
The XBox gamepad kept working now when using the windowed mode.

Toni Wilen 03 December 2015 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zak (Post 1054186)
The XBox gamepad kept working now when using the windowed mode.

That is interesting information.. Does the pad start working again if you switch to windowed mode from fullscreen? (CTRL+F12 or use GUI)