English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ghosts 'n Goblins original, fully working (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=54410)

StingRay 11 August 2010 10:54

Ghosts 'n Goblins original, fully working

As I noticed this morning the original of Ghost 'N Goblins (SPS 31) doesn't fully work as there is data missing on the disk. Now I wonder if someone has an original of that game which is not broken. Or is SPS 31 the only version of the game that was released? SPS 31 is definitely broken.

Fabie 11 August 2010 11:45

mmm...
I have SPS 0031 and is not complete
This release lacks sound effects...for example when you hit a tomb or when you grab objects or when you grab the armor
also lacks tons of sound effects during the game like the flying pig' shouts and others sounds effects

SPS 0031 is the version that on ancient times was cracked by all groups and of course the cracked versions lacks all these sound effects

codetapper have the best version which have all the sounds effects working
but he is still working on the installer...it seems that still can't fix the pauses during the game

I have a beta version by codetapper ...it works ok with all sound effects working but there are pauses during the game and there is another bug....the hero can't turn at the moment of the jump

StingRay 11 August 2010 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabie (Post 691393)
mmm...
I have SPS 0031 and is not complete
This release lacks sound effects...for example when you hit a tomb or when you grab objects or when you grab the armor
also lacks tons of sound effects during the game like the flying pig' shouts and others sounds effects

This is not what I meant. SPS 31 lacks complete level data for the last 2 levels thus it is impossible the complete the game. Can you upload that other version you have to the Zone?

Fabie 11 August 2010 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 691396)
This is not what I meant. SPS 31 lacks complete level data for the last 2 levels thus it is impossible the complete the game. Can you upload that other version you have to the Zone?

ah yes...I forgot that...
sps 0031 lacks lot of sound effects and lacks levels 5 and 6
an australian cracker group warn about lacks of level 5 and 6-...says in the cracktro they purchased 2 original copies on a shop and lacked levels 5 and 6...so it seems was a factory fault when the disk was compiled

and sorry but I'm not at home right now but if you are interested I can upload it in a cup of hours..

StingRay 11 August 2010 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabie (Post 691402)
so it seems was a factory fault when the disk was compiled

Apparently since the SPS images are exact copies of unmodified originals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabie (Post 691402)
and sorry but I'm not at home right now but if you are interested I can upload it in a cup of hours..

Yes, upload please as I can then finish my crack which will work on any Amiga and is trained.

IFW 11 August 2010 14:17

Can someone dump a later, fixed release?

Fabie 11 August 2010 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 691403)

Yes, upload please as I can then finish my crack which will work on any Amiga and is trained.

in the zone now
all sound effects working & I tested level 5 and works !
please try to fix the jump & turn bug and
please make 1 floppy disk AGA fixed release ;)

mr.vince 11 August 2010 16:58

Does someone have this compilation?

http://hol.abime.net/5032/

It could be that this one has all tracks duped and therefore should be dumped so we can make a different IPF of it. I can confirm that GNG seems to be broken on all originals (first & original release) I have seen as well...

Fabie 11 August 2010 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.vince (Post 691456)
Does someone have this compilation?

http://hol.abime.net/5032/

It could be that this one has all tracks duped and therefore should be dumped so we can make a different IPF of it. I can confirm that GNG seems to be broken on all originals (first & original release) I have seen as well...

that compilation have 5 disks ...1 disk per game ...it can be idem gng corrupted floppy..
btw,
the version I uploaded to the zone for Stingray is complete
let's wait for the new crack

dlfrsilver 11 August 2010 19:36

Stingray : I own Ghost'n'Goblins in original Box. Do you want me to pull an extended ADF of it in the zone ?

dlfrsilver 11 August 2010 19:50

Yes i can dump my Original IFW, it has all the levels (i installed it with codetapper whdload slave).

dlfrsilver 11 August 2010 20:08

BTW, Ghost'n'goblins can be copied with no problem, the tracks are not long enough.

IFW 11 August 2010 23:12

Please dump it then Denis :)

dlfrsilver 11 August 2010 23:39

Ok, i'll do it when back from work tomorrow evening. It uses the samey $A245 sync word
on the tracks like commando and Gremlins 2.

PS : in the box, it's written with a buffer 1st jan 1991.

mr.vince 12 August 2010 00:09

Dlfrsilver: the original release has a replication error, we could verify this if you'd also dump your disk. We at least have one different version that boots on machines without ranger mem, but has no audio...?

We can only hope that the compilation version is different.

Cracks from the 1990s have messages that the versions supplied were damaged, too...

StingRay 12 August 2010 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 691494)
Stingray : I own Ghost'n'Goblins in original Box. Do you want me to pull an extended ADF of it in the zone ?

Yes, dump it please. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.vince (Post 691555)
We at least have one different version that boots on machines without ranger mem, but has no audio...?

That's probably the good version then which needs 1MB Chip for music to work.

mr.vince 12 August 2010 11:51

Hm. Strange. Have a CDTV here with 2MB chip and 2MB fast and loaded the image via HxC... silent like a graveyard. Will test in WinUAE.

EDIT: Nope, also silent in A500+ config.

Note: This version omits the Demon-Sequence that happens when you press fire to play the game. But maybe it has the data needed to puzzle it together.

andreas 12 August 2010 16:53

"silent" sometimes smells like pre-release where the sound wasn't yet finished? :p
(just a thought)

mr.vince 12 August 2010 18:06

Possible, but unlikely. In regard to memdetection it's better than the other and works without ranger memory.

Let's see what Stingray will find out. He has all versions now and can compare...

dlfrsilver 12 August 2010 19:50

My version is dated Jan 1st 1991, is made for A500 with 1mb of ram, has all the audio (with 512kb no music) and all the levels (i finished it).