English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ghost battle original floppy (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=88630)

Mrz 15 September 2017 17:05

Ghost battle original floppy
 
yet you can't have this original game in 1 floppy
even kyroflux users can't write in a floppy this game neither because there is no ipf file of this game,
there is only an extended adf in eab ftp

I want this game in 1 floppy :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown
anyone managed to write back such extended adf to a floppy in a real amiga?

suggestions about how to make 1 floppy disk of this game?

alexh 15 September 2017 18:00

I dumped this disk for Softpres using an Amiga in 1999/2000. So somewhere there is a RAW flux dump of this disk.

I got a reply back saying something like it wasn't written using a trace machine and so wouldn't be turned into an IPF.

I don't have a Kryoflux or a Supercard Pro or I would do another dump.

My Amiga's are in storage. The chances of me making another dump without one are slim but not completely zero.

chip 15 September 2017 18:05

Isn't Kryoflux able to write back extended ADFs ?

What kind of files it writes back, only IPFs ?

Mrz 15 September 2017 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by chip (Post 1185057)
Isn't Kryoflux able to write back extended ADFs ?

What kind of files it writes back, only IPFs ?

I don't have one but it seems also it can write dms, and normal adf files but not external adfs

dlfrsilver 15 September 2017 18:24

This game can be written back to disk. I have made a powercopy version of the original disk.

Mrz 15 September 2017 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexh (Post 1185054)
I dumped this disk for Softpres using an Amiga in 1999/2000. So somewhere there is a RAW flux dump of this disk.

I got a reply back saying something like it wasn't written using a trace machine and so wouldn't be turned into an IPF.

I don't have a Kryoflux or a Supercard Pro or I would do another dump.

My Amiga's are in storage. The chances of me making another dump without one are slim but not completely zero.


What could happen if you create a new image?
it could be written in some way on 1 diskette?

Mrz 15 September 2017 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1185066)
This game can be written back to disk. I have made a powercopy version of the original disk.

I tried this game using the normal powercopy method and not worked here
which special settings you used?

dlfrsilver 15 September 2017 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrz (Post 1185070)
I tried this game using the normal powercopy method and not worked here
which special settings you used?

this game use tracks a bit long, but nothing nasty enough to stop anyone to write it back on disk.

Mrz 16 September 2017 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1185103)
this game use tracks a bit long, but nothing nasty enough to stop anyone to write it back on disk.

ah I imagined the trick you used , the long track winuae config :great
it worked fine now

btw,

what about the games adams family and stormlord ?

I can't with them, do you know how to build those?

BarryB 16 September 2017 18:29

Adams Family uses Copylock and I think Stormlord uses hidden sectors, not sure if PowerCopy can make a working image without the hardware? I know my attempts using WinUAE and PowerCopy never worked :D

dlfrsilver 16 September 2017 18:30

nope. Ghostbattle can be written back from the extended ADF i made with powercopy.

dlfrsilver 16 September 2017 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1185276)
Adams Family uses Copylock and I think Stormlord uses hidden sectors, not sure if PowerCopy can make a working image without the hardware? I know my attempts using WinUAE and PowerCopy never worked :D

copylock = disk to disk only. no disk image to disk works for copylock titles.

BarryB 16 September 2017 18:53

Does it still need the hardware or not on a real Amiga? Does it also do the hidden sector protection as a Disk to Disk copy without hardware?

Retro1234 16 September 2017 18:59

Addams Family You can use lockpick first to disable the copylock check then Wright back to disk with powercopy.

BarryB 16 September 2017 19:00

I know, we're trying to make working copies of still protected disks though!

Retro1234 16 September 2017 19:02

The disk probably still has some other protection also, but Lockpick will remove the Copylock check its as close to writing Back the ipf on real Amiga as your going to get.

Mrz 16 September 2017 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro1234 (Post 1185283)
Addams Family You can use lockpick first to disable the copylock check then Wright back to disk with powercopy.

what is lockpick ?

Retro1234 16 September 2017 19:08

Its a copier/cracker patcher what ever you want to call it that will copy Addams Family original but patch it so the copylock is never checked, all other protection on the disk will be the same as the original.



WinUae > IPF > Lockpick > Powercopy < real amiga

If game only has copylock and Dos tracks you can probably create an ADF and no need for PowerCopy but some games have MFM and copylock or whatever So use both lockpick and powercopy.

PeterK 16 September 2017 19:12

Hi Mrz,

take icon.library and you will get your Ghost Battle for free ! :D

But don't add the tooltype "NoGhost" to your icons, then the battle is over. :lol

JimDrew 17 September 2017 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1185278)
copylock = disk to disk only. no disk image to disk works for copylock titles.

Disk images to disk work fine with SuperCard Pro and any type of flux data (copy protected or not).


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04565 seconds with 11 queries