English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   UAE Zorro III not Showing Up (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=105325)

CryptidWorks 10 January 2021 07:23

UAE Zorro III not Showing Up
 
2 Attachment(s)
I installed Picasso in Workbench 3.9 off the 3.9 ISO and selected the UAE drivers but the display modes for the card are not showing up

I'm starting to think the tutorial I'm following is complete bullshit and somehow skipping vital steps because nothing has lined up with it so far

Also I'm using Kickstart 3.1 instead of kickstart 3.0 specifically, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

CryptidWorks 10 January 2021 10:57

2 Attachment(s)
Seems I'm having video driver issues all together and checkboards isn't even seeing a card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwOVKIL6Hj8

Saghalie 11 January 2021 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by CryptidWorks (Post 1452214)
I installed Picasso in Workbench 3.9 off the 3.9 ISO and selected the UAE drivers but the display modes for the card are not showing up

I'm starting to think the tutorial I'm following is complete bullshit and somehow skipping vital steps because nothing has lined up with it so far

Also I'm using Kickstart 3.1 instead of kickstart 3.0 specifically, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Can we see a config please?

SpaceAce 11 January 2021 11:20

Did you copy or move the "uaegfx" monitor file into DEVS:Monitors?

CryptidWorks 11 January 2021 11:54

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saghalie (Post 1452500)
Can we see a config please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceAce (Post 1452539)
Did you copy or move the "uaegfx" monitor file into DEVS:Monitors?

Got it working some time ago because it was a bad kickstart rom that didn't recognize and initialize the Picasso drivers correctly

Now after a couple fresh installs of the OS trying to fix the graphical bugs I can't even get it the overscan to change because it throws errors when I try to actually switch it. Thought it was Picasso but even an install of Workbench 3.9 it's never been on is doing it.

So I'm dealing with an entirely different issue replacing it

Toni Wilen 11 January 2021 21:33

01000009 = attempt of free memory that was not allocated (or corrupted memory list).

Probably some KS/WB/something software conflict/mismatch. Or too weird config.

CryptidWorks 12 January 2021 02:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1452676)
01000009 = attempt of free memory that was not allocated (or corrupted memory list).

Probably some KS/WB/something software conflict/mismatch. Or too weird config.

I increased the chip RAM from 2MB to 8MB on this config, could that be the culprit?

I'm using 128MB Z2 Fast Memory and 1GB VRAM as well but that didn't break it on any other attempts

Toni Wilen 12 January 2021 18:55

Don't try to select RAM sizes that can't exists in real world.. It can cause side-effects unless you aren't sure what are you doing.

Start with something like max 64M VRAM and 128M or 256M of RAM and "only" 2M of Chip RAM. Do not enable other types of RAM. You can always increase it later if/when needed.

CryptidWorks 13 January 2021 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1453062)
Don't try to select RAM sizes that can't exists in real world.. It can cause side-effects unless you aren't sure what are you doing.

Start with something like max 64M VRAM and 128M or 256M of RAM and "only" 2M of Chip RAM. Do not enable other types of RAM. You can always increase it later if/when needed.

When you say 256MB of RAM which kind of definable RAM do you mean in the RAM tab?

I was maining dumping so much VRAM because I didn't know what I'd need to use 720p resolution with the UAE drivers

DamienD 13 January 2021 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by CryptidWorks (Post 1453261)
When you say 256MB of RAM which kind of definable RAM do you mean in the RAM tab?

I'm sure Toni means Z3 Fast RAM.

...and as he mentioned, don't set 8MB Chip RAM. It doesn't exist in any real Amiga. Set 2MB Chip RAM maximum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CryptidWorks (Post 1453261)
I was maining dumping so much VRAM because I didn't know what I'd need to use 720p resolution with the UAE drivers

UAE Zorro III will work with 2MB Chip and 4MB Fast RAM, as far as I'm aware.

CryptidWorks 13 January 2021 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1453263)
I'm sure Toni means Z3 Fast RAM.

...and as he mentioned, don't set 8MB Chip RAM. It doesn't exist in any real Amiga. Set 2MB Chip RAM maximum.


UAE Zorro III will work with 2MB Chip and 4MB Fast RAM, as far as I'm aware.

The Zorro III also as it's definable vram from 4MB to 1GB and that's what the second question about if 64MB was enough for 720p and 32-bit color was about

CryptidWorks 13 January 2021 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1453062)
Don't try to select RAM sizes that can't exists in real world.. It can cause side-effects unless you aren't sure what are you doing.

Start with something like max 64M VRAM and 128M or 256M of RAM and "only" 2M of Chip RAM. Do not enable other types of RAM. You can always increase it later if/when needed.

I 100% think that's what it was because I changed it to those settings and I can actually get in and play with those settings now.

Thanks

DamienD 13 January 2021 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by CryptidWorks (Post 1453265)
The Zorro III also as it's definable vram from 4MB to 1GB and that's what the second question about if 64MB was enough for 720p and 32-bit color was about

Yeah, in my ShapeShifter .HDFs I use Zorro III with only 4MB VRAM and the display is set at 800 x 600.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04505 seconds with 11 queries