English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Hardware (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Has anyone got an Amiga 1200 T12 Gen II? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=86451)

ccorkin 18 March 2017 22:53

Has anyone got an Amiga 1200 T12 Gen II?

Just come across this Commodore Amiga 1200 customised tower system [Amiga 1200 T12 Generation II] - being sold on Ebay.

Was wondering if anyone had one and what they thought of it? or what peoples thoughts are on the setup?

Cheers C.:great

grelbfarlk 18 March 2017 22:58

It's just an A1200 motherboard in a nice tower case. I don't have one. Not really that bad of a price considering what a Tower kit costs and he supplies all the little dongles for external keyboards and such. Includes an A1221 as well which might be a needless expense if you're planning to upgrade. But he says it is not Mediator compatible, so what's the point of putting an A1200 in a Tower?

Though he says this:
This computer system is compatible with 030, 040, 060 accelerators and PPC cards, providing the card does NOT exceed 15.5cm in length.

Does that mean it's big enough for say a Blizzard PPC with a BVision attached? Who knows?

I guess if you have an allergy to wedge Amigas and really want a tower for some reason this might make sense.

Robbie 18 March 2017 23:38

i like the way the auction uses random buzz words to make it sound more advanced. it's the 'revised edition' by the way, which means it probably comes with a different keyboard to before, which incidentally is waterproof now. Amiga games in the bath? score!

grelbfarlk 18 March 2017 23:49

Only 2x12CM fans? I mean how am I going to convince people at the lanparty I have a serious gaming rig if it has less than 8 fans? Though two is a pretty serious upgrade from the zero an A1200 has.

puppypc 19 March 2017 00:46

I don't own one, but I have talked to the guy. He will gladly build you a tower that will fit a mediator, or any other reasonable suggestions that you have, if you are willing to wait for him to custom build.

ccorkin 19 March 2017 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppypc (Post 1147758)
I don't own one, but I have talked to the guy. He will gladly build you a tower that will fit a mediator, or any other reasonable suggestions that you have, if you are willing to wait for him to custom build.

Hey PuppyPC,

Thanks for the offer, I'd be interested in what your friend would come back with as a setup (Cost dependant of course!). However is your friend across the water like yourself (states side) or is he in the UK? Just thinking postage & customs costs!!!

My main usage for the Amiga Tower would primarily be for game play (WHDLoad), I am not so much bothered about the hi-resolution workbench (it would be nice, but it would really just be eye-candy to me!). The main reason for my interest in a A1200 Tower was for real-estate on my office work table, having a large wedged 1200 sitting on the table top near my PC work area is not appealing. So seeing a towered solution on Ebay (hence the initial thread), seemed cool - But I am just getting back into the Amiga community and have not clue what's been developed mod wise since the mid-90's haha!!!

Anyhoo enough waffle, I look forward to hearing your thoughts PuppyPC!

Many thanks Chris C.

Kin Hell 19 March 2017 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by grelbfarlk (Post 1147732)
It's just an A1200 motherboard in a nice tower case. I don't have one. Not really that bad of a price considering what a Tower kit costs and he supplies all the little dongles for external keyboards and such. Includes an A1221 as well which might be a needless expense if you're planning to upgrade. But he says it is not Mediator compatible, so what's the point of putting an A1200 in a Tower?

Though he says this:
This computer system is compatible with 030, 040, 060 accelerators and PPC cards, providing the card does NOT exceed 15.5cm in length.

Does that mean it's big enough for say a Blizzard PPC with a BVision attached? Who knows?

I guess if you have an allergy to wedge Amigas and really want a tower for some reason this might make sense.

Whut!!! :confused

It read as having a Blacktop 020 @ 32Mhz earlier today..... Now it says an ACA affair???

Sry for the intrusion, I must be going banana's. :crazy

puppypc 19 March 2017 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccorkin (Post 1147824)
Thanks for the offer, I'd be interested in what your friend would come back with as a setup (Cost dependant of course!). However is your friend across the water like yourself (states side) or is he in the UK? Just thinking postage & customs costs!!!

To clarify, I do not know him personally and he does indeed live in/ship from the UK. I messaged him on eBay a few months ago, asking if he could build me a cheaper 1200 tower. He told me that if I gave him a price range and an idea of what I wanted, he would let me know what he could do and for how much. He also said that it could take several months, since he has to collect the parts, assemble, and test (if you look at any tower conversion thread you'll see that it's time consuming).

ccorkin 21 March 2017 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppypc (Post 1147919)
To clarify, I do not know him personally and he does indeed live in/ship from the UK. I messaged him on eBay a few months ago, asking if he could build me a cheaper 1200 tower. He told me that if I gave him a price range and an idea of what I wanted, he would let me know what he could do and for how much. He also said that it could take several months, since he has to collect the parts, assemble, and test (if you look at any tower conversion thread you'll see that it's time consuming).

Agreed, I will have a gander at the tower conversion threads and hopefully get back to you with a plan. Many thanks again for the offer Puppypc. Cheers Chris.

Magic 21 March 2017 19:43

What does the rear of these tower conversions look like? That's where the custom work is. I see every picture BUT the rear in the auction listing.

frosty 14 April 2017 23:18

I bought a t6 600 system off of Ebay in december last year system works fine the case was cheap and hacked up to fit the mother board and ports (Not a Good Job) but it did do as he said it would . Just me 2 cents to let you know what i have gotten from the same seller on ebay.