English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Saturday's coming - I'll be getting drunk - what to play? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=56534)

Boulder 26 November 2010 14:44

Saturday's coming - I'll be getting drunk - what to play?

As the title says.

What games do you play or recommend for me to play while drinking beer and slowly or not so slowly getting pissed. I'm talking about any retro games on any system (on an emulator on the PC though), preferably something with a GameBase installation to make my drunken journey to my youth forever lost a bit smoother.

cosmiq 26 November 2010 15:01

I would recommend ishido, and try to make at least 4 full stars.
That will keep you busy :evilgrin

Bamiga2002 26 November 2010 17:37

Worms! It's the definite drunk-game :agree

alexh 26 November 2010 18:02

I really enjoyed playing the Gameboy colour Zelda series (Oracle of Seasons / Ages).

If you liked Link to the Past on the SNES and Link's Awakening on the original Gameboy then you'll love them.

Next for me is to play "Minish Cap" probably on an emulator... perhaps for the PSP?

gimbal 27 November 2010 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boulder (Post 718301)
As the title says.

What games do you play or recommend for me to play while drinking beer and slowly or not so slowly getting pissed. I'm talking about any retro games on any system (on an emulator on the PC though), preferably something with a GameBase installation to make my drunken journey to my youth forever lost a bit smoother.

Play Descent. Truly the best game to play when you're drunk; perhaps in that state you won't get disoriented :p

Boulder 27 November 2010 21:57

Too bad it's only for the PC..I don't seem to have it anywhere.

I tried Worms but couldn't get hold of the controls (not because of being drunk, just because I've not played anything for a long, long time..) Ishido seems to be a board game which needs some learning. I think it'll have to wait till the next time but nevertheless, I added it to my "check-things-out" list.

For some reasons, I've ended up listening to some Amiga tunes and trying out a few games such as Wizball and Ikari Warriors.

Steve 27 November 2010 22:49

Don't give in just yet! There is still more time left in the evening to get insensible. Lmao!

Try these out for a good TWO PLAYER laugh. The A1200 versions of:

BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBALL

and...

SHADOW FIGHTER

Plenty of good drunken violence to be had in those two. lol. Maybe also:

MORTAL KOMBAT II

SPEEDBALL 2

ROADKILL

SUPER STARDUST

and

DELUXE GALAGA

Boulder 27 November 2010 22:58

Definitely not giving up yet!

I'm just trying things at random depending on what memories I have of some Amiga games. Mostly they have still been a joy to at least check out. I feel that I get some of my youth back by just trying to catch the feeling of playing those games when the times were a lot easier - no need to think about work or anything related to that - just have fun and live day by day. Nowadays you always have to think about the future no matter what :(

Steve 27 November 2010 23:05

lol. No you don't. You only think you do. I still try to live day by day. Try and be unpredictable. Keep things interesting. lol. Thats my advice. Try not to worry yourself with the weight of the world as it will still be spinning long after you and I have departed this mortal plane. lol. In my new found wisdom I have begun to realise that you can't control everything and in the end nothing really matters. lol. Fuck em! Live your life the way you want! That is my wisdom for the day! Treasure it! :)

Boulder 27 November 2010 23:12

[Complete OT]
My good friend, you have great wisdom there.. I'm worrying about the well-being of my kids and parents and trying to secure a good future for all of them. I myself will always manage past the hardest times, I know that I adapt quite easily and I do have a job which is not under fire for a long time so I need not worry about that. I know that my past is a valuable thing to treasure and I will try not to forget all the things (be it good or bad). After all, it is what I am and what I will be. I cannot deny that being a computer freak in the old days has made me what I am today.
[/OT]

Anakirob 28 November 2010 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boulder (Post 718545)
I tried Worms but couldn't get hold of the controls (not because of being drunk, just because I've not played anything for a long, long time..)

Left/right arrows moves, up/down aims, return jumps, double tap return to jump backwards. And if you're playing Worms DC then backspace jumps straight up.

Mouse scrolls around the map, LMB is used for the targetting of some weapons. RMB is used to select weapons. You can also do this with the function keys, but then you don't get to the the pictures.

Oh, and I have a question for you. Is your night of drunken gaming a solo affair, or will you have mates to play with? That will make a big difference in what games I recommend.

Boulder 28 November 2010 10:52

Thanks, I'll try Worms DC again when I have some spare time. I remember playing it on the PC but didn't remember how to play the game.

Last night was just a solo thing, usually we have some friends around and the PC is setup so that people can play something if they like. Hence it would be nice to have recommendations for both single person and multiplay games. I think the next time we will have some kind of a party on New Year's Eve so there's time to plan things :)