English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ScanJuggler NEWS - scandoubler (and flickerfixer) for A1200/A4000 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67090)

seb132 29 May 2014 07:54

Amazing design quality Dezz, I'm definitely a big fan of your product.... Just wondering when you'll have it ready for us and if an A600 version will come out, lol

nikos.rizos 29 May 2014 08:24

It is a VERY interesting and a quality product. I really llok forward for a final release date.

This multi PCB design though seems like it will have a high price I am afraid.

Any news on that?

digiflip 02 June 2014 19:25

any news on pre-orders dezz?

trixster 06 June 2014 17:36

Yep, interested when this is likely to be available.

jack-3d 06 June 2014 20:47

Cant be the automatic switcher done like the HDMI module as replace for tv modulator? I would guess nobody needs tv modular anymore these days and it is near and the most suitable place ;o)

EDIT: Forgot to say excellent job guys, I have 5 AGA Amigas needing scandoublers and I just wait for first reviews from public to order them ;o)

TheBird 07 June 2014 15:10

I've heard the first batch should be available within weeks. This all booked already, but the second batch comes soon after.

I'm not entitled to speak about prices, but you can ask Dezz about it. (scanjuggler/at/gm*il)

@Nostromo: It's for some adjustable high-frequency clock for the core. (Recent difficulties came from that it was pushed to its very limits. Dezz will probably replace it later.)

@jack-3d: I'm not sure if a DVI-I connector can be fitted there, but a VGA surely can. (The switch is now analog, as it's for BVision/CVision basically.) I think Dezz will make it if there was enough demand for it.

jack-3d 07 June 2014 21:31

Thanks. I dont need DVI for sure, for machines I am thinking to buy Scanjuggler with Switch is one with BVision, one with CVision and one with Voodoo4 so all analog.

jcarvalho 16 June 2014 20:03

What? I dont believe on it... I have bought the card last year (june), payment done with paypal. After several emails with the answer "next week I will send", one year has passed... For me, this card is an hoax... When I think that I have sold my Indivision to have money to buy this...
Now I dont have: money, Indivision and this thing called Scanjuggler.
In every email I got some excuses... If the card is an scandoubler and FF why is so hard to send? So my advice is: Buy Indivision... it is a bad product but at least you can get a a box with a card inside and a floppy disk. I dont believe on this bullshit anymore... And now I dont think that I can have a refund from Paypal
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBird (Post 958358)
I've heard the first batch should be available within weeks. This all booked already, but the second batch comes soon after.

I'm not entitled to speak about prices, but you can ask Dezz about it. (scanjuggler/at/gm*il)

@Nostromo: It's for some adjustable high-frequency clock for the core. (Recent difficulties came from that it was pushed to its very limits. Dezz will probably replace it later.)

@jack-3d: I'm not sure if a DVI-I connector can be fitted there, but a VGA surely can. (The switch is now analog, as it's for BVision/CVision basically.) I think Dezz will make it if there was enough demand for it.

Amicol 17 June 2014 16:06

This card looks and sound great, but myself and many others already have the Indi II installed. The only thing that would make me consider replacing the Indie would be RTG support. Oh, and possibly centred screens when playing games with the overscan area visible.
If this card does the above, I'd better start saving my pennies!:D

jcarvalho 17 June 2014 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amicol (Post 960122)
This card looks and sound great, but myself and many others already have the Indi II installed. The only thing that would make me consider replacing the Indie would be RTG support. Oh, and possibly centred screens when playing games with the overscan area visible.

Dont need to save money... This card doesn't exist... this is an hoax...

TheBird 18 June 2014 07:35

@jcarvalho: The card do exist, I've had it in my hands. It works, as well. Sure, the development took a long time, but there is much more to it than putting some chips on a board, as you seem to think. Also, it is meant to be more than just a scandoubler/FF. Dezz told me he is very close to release.

ancalimon 18 June 2014 07:54

I need one for 4000T and one for 1200. :) I hope the 4000T version is made.

jack-3d 18 June 2014 08:32

I dont believe in successful project until I read first public review, then I decide to buy or not. Sometimes even users find a bug and new revisions are build.

So lets wait, this project seems to be promising. I would love to equip all my AGA Amigas with such scandoubler.

Amicol 19 June 2014 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amicol (Post 960122)

Scratch that, I've managed to achieve the centred screen and silky smooth scroll on the Indi mkII. So just RTG support would tempt me now....

Marmes 21 June 2014 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBird (Post 960208)
@jcarvalho: The card do exist, I've had it in my hands. It works, as well. Sure, the development took a long time, but there is much more to it than putting some chips on a board, as you seem to think. Also, it is meant to be more than just a scandoubler/FF. Dezz told me he is very close to release.

Sure it's more than putting some chips on a board, I don't doubt anyone's honesty until they prove me they´re not. The only thing I didn't like, and I already told Dezz, is "the next week" thing, that will be making a year. I convinced jcarvalho to sell his indi mk2 and now I don't even have the face to talk to him straight about amiga stuff. Not my fault for sure, but I really thought it would be out a lot earlier than this. At least Dezz has proven to be honest, answering all mails, even those from people with little patience like me.
I really hope that this comes out really soon, I have my a1200 opened for almost a year, waiting for it.

NovaCoder 21 June 2014 06:12

This product has been in development for many years, if it comes out one day and works really well that will be awesome but until then.....

It's not a good idea to expect any retro hobby product to get to market.

jcarvalho 22 June 2014 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBird (Post 960208)

Well, I don't call you a liar, but there is some strange things on your post that can be buggy to the others. you said The card do exist OK lets assume that. Second thing It works, as well. joining two things together in a cold analisys I must ask why I never got one?????????? And why is it being delayed??
I just ordered an scandoubler/FF
here is a copy of an email sent by Dezz when he read my post here
Hello Jorge,

I just have seen your post on EAB. I assure you it's not a hoax and your card will be delivered soon.

I'm very much sorry for the long waiting. There was design changes, as well as difficulties. The former ones was in order to make the card better and I had no choice but to cope with the latter ones. I've reported on all these.

Last time we spoke, if you remember, it seemed like a deficiency of the external video clock generator (new to Rev3) could have been resolved, but unfortunately it turned out it coudn't. I had two choices here, staring to search for another IC for this task and desing a new module with it, or, temporarily remove it from the system, ie. make the card work also without it. The latter option seemed like a faster solution. Well, it's wasn't as easy, either, but it is almost done by now.

Most probably I should have to release the first version and develop new versions afterwards, but I couldn't foresee it will take such a long time to resolve subsequent difficulties. Then, as time lapsed, I felt it's better not to postpone the planned extensions. On the end, the card you will be getting is a more advanced one than you have originally paid for.

Kind regards,
dezz

Strange, you say that the card works, an in the email we can read that the card has issues. Who is talking the truth?

nikos.rizos 28 July 2014 14:58

So...any news?

TheBird 11 August 2014 22:26

Dezz has demonstrated the cards on a recent retro computer party (Arok Party 2014, Hungary). People say it worked well enough and the image quality was great.

http://wiki.amigaspirit.hu/images/9/91/ArokParty01.jpg

http://wiki.amigaspirit.hu/images/1/1d/ArokParty02.jpg

Dezz is working on some last little flaws. (It must be made sure the PCB don't need to be modified anymore in order to fix them.)

@jcarvalho: I was meant it was working, just it has some issues.

@Marmes: Dezz told he not at all expected the development was to be taking such a long time and he is verry sorry about it. There were stages when it looked like it's almost done and all is working well, only to learn there are still some bugs to be eliminated. (Some of them has been introduced by some well-meant design changes.) I can imagine these are driving Dezz slowly crazy. Let's hope it's all going well this time.

Eny- 21 August 2014 15:31

So, how much is the card (SD & FF)?