English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Remember Dino Dini? Then help him and me!! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=4340)

Riempie 24 April 2002 23:01

Remember Dino Dini? Then help him and me!!

Hi guys!

I'm in contact with Dino Dini, you probably remember him as he's the creator of the famous Kick Off games and Goal! Now, he's thinking of making a new soccer game and he's opened up a petition site.

As the interest for Kick Off 2 has risen again (new game for PC, many fans joining the Kick Off Association, www.ko-gathering.com, etc) he got many ideas, so please sign this petition and help him out. Wouldn't you want to see a new game from the master himself?

Here's what he has to say:

"As many of you already know, I have set up a petition where people can petition for a new Dino Dini football game.

The petition can be found here:

http://www.abundantsoft.com/footie

The idea is to see how much interest there is, and could be a useful tool to finding a publisher. You can either add your own post or vote for existing ones.

No project has been started at this time, but if you feel a new football by me would be a worthwhile project, please join in. This forum may be used for discussions on the subject as there is no forum on the petition site itself.

With all good wishes,

-Dino "

Btw, does anybody have some scans of Kick Off 2 reviews from Amiga/ST mags? Or adverts? anything at all would be nice, because Dino and me are interested in that stuff!

Thanks in advance!

//admin: please don't use direct signature in your post, configure your UserCP instead.

Dizzy 25 April 2002 17:00

I thought Kick Off sucked...
So why a new version?

SENSI RULES (it kick off kick off)

CodyJarrett 25 April 2002 17:08

Great, a Sensi vs Kick Off 2 confrontation!

Riempie - if you want, I can scan Amiga Power reviews:

Kick Off 2 (vs Gary Lineker's Hot-Shot)
Kick Off 3 AGA
Kick Off 3: European Challenge AGA
Kick Off '96

Are you interested in these?

I've also got a Kick Off 2 original, which I can scan.

Riempie 25 April 2002 17:30

I'm interested in all those scans Cody! Especially the KO2 one!

Thanks in advance!

btw, I heard from Dino the Amiga Power review sucks... Is that true?

Does anyone have some more reviews? Amiga Action's review for example? The more reviews the better!

?? What about that admin remark in my first post? I don't get it...

stainy 25 April 2002 17:41

I have...

Scans from The One, Amiga POwer as well I think.. and a few todbits from various obscure mags as well!

Riempie 25 April 2002 17:45

Cool Stainy! could you send them to me or upload them to the zone?

Bloodwych 25 April 2002 18:37

I LOVE the kick off series. :)

The original kick off caused about 6 of my friends to buy Amigas!

Dastardly 25 April 2002 18:47

Quote:

Originally posted by Dizzy
I thought Kick Off sucked...
So why a new version?

SENSI RULES (it kick off kick off)

Youre having a laugh surely?
Sensi was very good yes, but Kick off 2 was the Ultimate 16 Bit footy game. One of those 2 player cassics that just never seemed to get boring, no matter how much you played it.
Im not sure how a new Kick off would be done though. In these days of the super flashy looking Fifa and Pro evolution Soccer (I'm a P.E.S player myself), I dont see how Kick off could be done without it being a totally different game entirely in all but name.

CodyJarrett 25 April 2002 20:26

Riempie - I've uploaded some scans of Kick Off related Amiga Power reviews to the Zone.

KickOff2_Top100No1.zip - Kick Off 2 entry in first Top 100 (Number 7)
KickOff1_Top100No2.zip - Kick Off 1 entry in second Top 100 (Number 43)

KickOff2_AwardWinners.zip - Kick Off 2 in Award Winners Compilation
KickOff2_SoccerStars.zip - Kick Off 2 in Soccer Stars Compilation

KickOff2_SoccerStars96.zip - Kick Off 3 European Challenge AGA in Soccer Stars '96 Compilation

KickOff3AGAReview.zip - Kick Off 3 AGA review
KickOff3EurChallReview.zip - Kick Off 3 European Challenge AGA review
KickOff96_Review.zip - Kick Off 3 '96 review

KickOffvsGaryLineker.zip - Kick Off 1 vs Gary Lineker's Hot Shot (sorry, I thought that this was Kick Off 2, but it's actually Kick Off 1)

As for Amiga Power reviews being rubbish, I'm the wrong person to ask, because I'm a big AP fan. However, I always found their reviews to be very accurate. The Kick Off '96 review of 1% seems excessive, but remember that it was a) the last issue and they were doing whatever they wanted and b) it was an example of a publisher trying to make a last buck off the dying Amiga by releasing a bugged and unfinished game.

As for the "//admin: please don't use direct signature in your post, configure your UserCP instead." in your original posting, I think you put a signature in your posting. Signatures make the threads really messy - some bulletin boards are made up of half real posts and half stupid poetry/quotes by posters, which makes it unreadable. So, the answer is to create your signature in the User Control Panel (UserCP) and then if people want to see it, they will turn the option to view it on. By default it's off.

Shatterhand 26 April 2002 05:17

While I don't think Kick Off 2 sucks, I think it's just an average game. Dino Dini's finest hour is Goal! . This one is excellent..
But even Goal! can't beat the fun of playing Sensible World of Soccer. SWOS is , simply, the best soccer game ever.

A friend of mine played the new Kick Off game, and from what he told me, it seems to play A LOT like Kick Off 2...

What game is Pro Evolution Soccer? I do know Fifa series, and I think it sucks (It was good on mega-drive, though). I thought the hot game between kids was Winning Eleven (And this one ROCKS too.. EXCELLENT game, I recommend it to everyone)

Tim Janssen 26 April 2002 09:50

Kick Off overkill

Riempie,
I too own some magazines which have reviews and articles about Kick Off and its successors. Here they come… *sigh*:

* Kick Off 1 review in Zzap, 1989: A couple of months ago I downloaded some scanned reviews from Defguide To Zzap 64 including this one. Although the review isn’t in-depth Zzap certainly knew how to hype up a game;
* Kick Off 1 advert in Zzap, July 1989: Typical advert by Anco with lots of superlative quotes from magazines;
* Kick Off 2 review in Zzap, 1990: A two-page scanned review;
* Zzap! Kick Off competition in Zzap, March 1990: Once a reviewer of Zzap!, Phil King, called himself King of Kickoff and played a game of Kick Off with an other fan. The whole match is described in a three-page article. -Very funny to read.
* Kick Off 2 advert in Zzap, March(?) 1990: A two-page advert for Kick Off 2 and a data-disc (Called ‘Extra Time’ I think);
* Goal! preview in CU Amiga, September 1992: Four-page preview/ interview with Dino Dini and Goal in this British magazine;
* Goal advert in several magazines: One page advert about Virgin’s Goal!
* Goal! review in Amiga Joker, May(?) 1993: Two-page review in this German magazine;
* Goal! review in Amiga Magazine, April 1994: Two-page review in this Dutch magazine;
* Goal! review in CU Amiga, April(?) 1993: Four-page review of Dino Dini’s Goal! in this British magazine.
* Kick Off 3 AGA advert in CU Amiga, July(?) 1994: One page advert in CU Amiga;
* Kick Off 3 AGA competition in CU Amiga, July(?) 1994: Two page competition to win Kick Off games. Organised by CU Amiga and Anco;
* Kick Off 3 AGA in CU Amiga, August(?) 1994: One page review in CU Amiga;

I cannot promise to scan them all in on the short term, but I’ll upload the Zzap! Kick Off 1 & 2 reviews next Monday.

Riempie 26 April 2002 10:02

Thanks Cody for uploading the scans.

Thanks in advance Tim for scans you are about to upload.

Things are looking good :)

vivash 26 April 2002 11:32

I didn't think kick off 3 and later kick off series was Dino Dini though... His "version" of kick off 3 was Goal! and released by a different company. Copyright and all that. And kick off 3 was crap, natch (I've been reading the AP thread).

...and I only played kick off 2 (final whistle) once...
...and in Goal! the players had funny legs...

LaundroMat 26 April 2002 12:54

Quote:

Originally posted by Shatterhand

What game is Pro Evolution Soccer? I do know Fifa series, and I think it sucks (It was good on mega-drive, though). I thought the hot game between kids was Winning Eleven (And this one ROCKS too.. EXCELLENT game, I recommend it to everyone)

PES is known in Japan as Winning Eleven (5?). Generally very well received, dunno whether it's on any other platform than the PS2.
TIF (This Is Football 2oo2) is another great PS2 soccer game, and a lot is expected of ISS 2 (the first installment suffered from bad gameplay balance). ISS=Internation Superstar Soccer, iirc.
There hasn't been a really good FIFA in the series lately indeed. We'll see what the World Cup edition gives, but I wouldn't have too high hopes.

7-Zark-7 26 April 2002 17:46

All this discussion about Dino Dini does bring one question to mind. After the success of Kick Off 1 & 2,(& data discs),why did he suddenly part ways with the publisher?

stainy 26 April 2002 17:58

Hmmmm

Well the Kick Off series was published by Anco, and after he started Kick Off 3 Virgins money men got a hold of him and nabbed him. Hence Goal by Virgin!!

kovalski 26 April 2002 20:04

I'm waiting for the scans!
Kick Off rulez!!

CodyJarrett 26 April 2002 20:07

Check out the Zone (button at the top of this webpage) - there are some there already.

dinodini 26 April 2002 20:53

Many thanks for the scans too... seeing the AP fake letter again was a lot of fun

With good wishes,

//admin: please don't use direct signature in your post, configure your UserCP instead.

kovalski 26 April 2002 20:57

no dino dini's kick off review yet!
so, I read the posts about the kick off adf, how can I download it?
Can someone post again for me?
Many thanks

Dino Dini rulez!!