English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Nostalgia & memories (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Whats you're fav two player games? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=25450)

scifi 23 March 2006 18:54

Name the best Amiga game with 2 player mode... or more:)

My best games were Kick Off II (especially when there were a bunch of friends for world cup), Sensible Soccer and Silkworm (i was taking the helicopter and my friend the jeep)!

What a rush!!! :great

Edit: With the header, I mean games where 2 or more players play simultaneously like Bubble Bobble, or play successively like Kick Off or Summer Games... in order to rival their opponent!

-Rob- 23 March 2006 19:03

Gods & Parasol Stars. Good graphics and great gameplay.

Ironclaw 23 March 2006 19:06

Ewww, I hate sports like football and icehockey.... i prefere martial arts..
anyway... my 2 favorite games are Moonstone and hmm... there are so many.... but... hmm.... dune is damn good.

Moonstone and dune.. awesome gameplay and Dune has awesome music aswell as gameplay+good looking gfx.

BarrySWE 23 March 2006 19:09

Eye Of The Beholder 1 & 2.
Turrican 3
Lemmings

NOB 23 March 2006 19:11

Moonstone is great and Dune and Gianna Sisters and Turrican and
Speedball and so many more...:)

scifi 23 March 2006 19:15

Turrican had a 2 player mode??? :confused
When I said games for two that's what I ment!
Sorry for the confusion... :bowdown

NOB 23 March 2006 19:18

OOPS! I meant Kick off! :)

alexh 23 March 2006 19:22

Stuntcar racer

scifi 23 March 2006 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironclaw
Ewww, I hate sports like football and icehockey.... i prefere martial arts..
anyway... my 2 favorite games are Moonstone and hmm... there are so many.... but... hmm.... dune is damn good.

Moonstone and dune.. awesome gameplay and Dune has awesome music aswell as gameplay+good looking gfx.

Ironclaw, isn't that obvious that you fancy for Moonstone from the User Title that you bear? ;)

kriz 23 March 2006 20:23

Speedball 2, Chaos Engine, Warzone (!!), Lotus Series, Micromachines, SuperOffroad, Alien Breed (All from the series, esp. T.A.) and more coming...:)

Magno Boots 23 March 2006 21:09

I always enjoyed the more simple two player games such as Indy 500 or one of the 'Bi-Plane' type games.
That way everyone has a good shot at winning!
Cheers.

DamienD 23 March 2006 21:51

Speedball 2, Golden Axe, Indy Heat, "Iron Man" Stewart's 4 x 4 Racing, Moonstone, Pang, TV Sports Basketball etc... ;)

DamienD 23 March 2006 23:43

Ooops, forgot Super Cars II... Played this forever with my identical twin brother :spin

Stein 23 March 2006 23:46

Firepower! :D

Dizzy 24 March 2006 00:06

Pong

BloodWych

Double Dragon

Sensi..

Coolit 24 March 2006 00:38

Lotus Turbo Challenge

I used to play this for hours with my mates, god it was hard to get a shot :-)

mr_a500 24 March 2006 00:54

For two player games, I like:

Speedball 2
Firepower
Chaos Engine
MasterBlazer (the Amiga version of Ballblazer/Ballblaster!)

Edit: Oh, I forgot the shareware games. These are also good simultaneous two player:
Transplant
Deluxe Galaga

scifi 24 March 2006 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD
Speedball 2, Golden Axe, Indy Heat, "Iron Man" Stewart's 4 x 4 Racing, Moonstone, Pang, TV Sports Basketball etc... ;)

Ahhh! TV Sports Basketball... What a memory! I used to play solo choosing Chicago Bulls as my favourite team (yes, back then Jordan was flying...).
In 2 player mode I made my own favourite team Aris Salonika (a greek team with the incredible player Nick Gallis aka Nick the Greek or Dilinger :bowdown ).

blade002 24 March 2006 07:15

It seems alot of people got confused with the original question in this thread.. I was under the assumption that SciFi meant an Amiga game that has a 2 player option or more , as in maybe 3 player or 4 player option.

Someone said Gods, Turrican 2, Stunt Car Racer, Alien Breed ..etc.. Is that all wrong? or is it me who has the question wrong?

scifi 24 March 2006 07:27

Clarifying the thread's purpose!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade002
It seems alot of people got confused with the original question in this thread.. I was under the assumption that SciFi meant an Amiga game that has a 2 player option or more , as in maybe 3 player or 4 player option.

Someone said Gods, Turrican 2, Stunt Car Racer, Alien Breed ..etc.. Is that all wrong? or is it me who has the question wrong?

No, you're right about that! I mean games where 2 or more players play simultaneously like Bubble Bobble, or play successively like Kick Off or Summer Games... Now, I think that I made it clear! :agree

I'll re-edit my first post to clarify the thread's purpose!

Thanks Blade002! :great