English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   BZR Player - a new music player for Win (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=35976)

bLAZER 18 April 2008 18:43

1. I haven't changed anything that could make that different than before. Are you sure you haven't changed anything? If you try the 0.2 version?

2. Yeah, I tried a file with greek letters and it didn't work (doesn't work in Deliplayer either), so somewhere there's a part that doesn't handle unicode... what post?

Shoonay 18 April 2008 18:54

1. Yup, just checked again, both previous (#1 & #2) versions fill all my 6 speakers properly, while #3 only plays in the front 2 :(
Anyone else could check that?

2. This one ;)

bLAZER 18 April 2008 19:00

That's weird... I only have two speakers so I can't try it myself. I haven't specified anything about speakers in the code, although I compiled this version with a newer version of Fmod (the sound engine) and maybe they changed something there...

Shoonay 18 April 2008 19:05

Then would compiling the older versions with the newer engine, or/and the newest with the older, and me testing those, would provide any help? ;)

bLAZER 18 April 2008 19:35

Yup, then we at least know if that's the problem... I think it is though, I'll have a look if I can find some info about it.

Shoonay 18 April 2008 19:38

If it says: "not compatible with Vista x64" that counts me out of the testing... ;)

bLAZER 18 April 2008 19:46

I run Vista x64 too :D

Shoonay 18 April 2008 19:49

Oh, funny, I thought I saw you saying somewhere you have XP... :/

bLAZER 18 April 2008 19:52

No, but I wish I did though, Vista sucks.

Shoonay 18 April 2008 20:04

LOL, you sadomasochist :p
I hope you do realise you've got to install SP1 and al the released-after updates (about 80 ;)) to make it usable? :D

I like it, it's different, it takes care of my free time beside playing games and is so 1337 being 64bit. :cheese

Remember to frequently check Start64 and TheHotfixShare for 64bit stuff & updates :cool

cv643d 18 April 2008 20:20

A replacement for Deliplayer or a better module player in PC-environment would be great (no Winamp is a bad mod-player).

Yaka Vajavil 19 April 2008 09:00

Hi!
When I set Multiplayer up in Gamebase, which soundformats shoul I set it up tom play?

bLAZER 19 April 2008 15:54

I haven't tried Gamebase, but if you look in the readme.txt you can see what formats are currently supported.

Jools 19 April 2008 22:53

i dont understand whats going on here

why not just use foobar and for the tiny number of formats it doesnt play just use a audio converter to convert to mp3 or ogg or something

bLAZER 19 April 2008 22:56

I'm not even gonna comment on that... (ooops I just did)

Jools 20 April 2008 00:51

haha nevermind i get it now, sorry heh.

blindfold 22 April 2008 00:12

Thanks. Looks quite good. There is so many things I would like to see in this.. I hope this one will evolve and wipe Winamp/Deliplayer from my HD (My music lib is way too long to use it in the way their playlists works and I hate winamps media library too).
There is also UADE.
BTW. Do you plan to release this on GPL in future?

bLAZER 22 April 2008 00:51

Glad you like it. Feel free to give me some feature requests. I had a look at UADE the other day, seems a bit complex though... but we'll see. I'm not sure what GPL exactly stands for... the source code released free for everyone to use both in commercial and open source projects?

blindfold 22 April 2008 12:04

GPL (in general) stands for that if someone modifies your source code (ex. added some functionality) is obligated to release this modified code as well.
Honestly speaking I hope someone will port this to Linux, (I'm still XP user, but instead of Vista I think I will move to Linux/FreeBSD/Mac - if not this *uckin VisualStudio and Photoshop).
As for functionality - interface.
PS.
I will give you link to one player: http://www.mp3toys.net/
Just try it out. Of course I'm not saying: make one like that, because it is already. But some ideas were really great. :)

manicx 22 April 2008 13:28

The player is very nice bLAZER. I love it Looks very promising. For the time being, I am using it to play all legacy formats to it and Foobar to play MP3s, WAVs, FLACs etc. When this is finished (GUI and stuff) this is going to be a winner..