English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga websites reviews (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New Chaos Regime Forum (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=20354)

Dastardly 10 October 2005 00:28

New Chaos Regime Forum

Just letting you all know that TCR (The Chaos Regime) now has its very own forum.

If you want to chat about anything Bitmap Brothers related then our new forum is the place to do it.

:)

http://www.gods-country.de/

Zetr0 03 December 2005 20:02

Truely a well put-together professional Fan site, with great content!

:)

keep up the good work TCR

JohnnyWalker 03 March 2011 19:00

Agh. Gone down? :shocked

kametyken 11 March 2011 14:17

down because of insufficent funds for hosting.

amigamemo 11 March 2011 16:18

Nooo! You must be kidding ... this is one of my favorite sites around. @Matthias: please bring it back...

TCD 11 March 2011 16:23

Dunno, but I guess you could ask FOL or eLowar if they could help out with hosting gods-country.

kametyken 11 March 2011 16:51

Fact is the the domain and contend is locked because I haven't paid hosting for 2011, not intentionally but I forgot to tell them when I've move to a new bank accout back in 2009 - after serious personal trouble (means I had other thing to take care of...). To unlock gods-country again I need to pay a service fee and of course the costs for hosting for 2011, I've paid for hosting the site in the last 10 years, but unfortunately I'm unable to bear these extra load at the moment and I don't know when I can afford paying my dues. At the moment I don't have content to move to another hoster because I don't have a complete and working backup of the content of gods-country, so I'm afraid the site is lost. Sad situation.

RCK 13 March 2011 15:46

I also can offer hosting at abime.net, but if you don't have any working backup it will be useless :(

FOL 13 March 2011 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCK (Post 742361)
I also can offer hosting at abime.net, but if you don't have any working backup it will be useless :(

Might take some doing, but you could use the wayback machine, to recover almost all of it.

Dastardly 14 March 2011 00:15

Sad news indeed :( Hopefully TCR will rise again one day. Until then there is the social group here at EAB. A poor substitute granted.

kametyken 15 March 2011 09:02

First in the name of gods-country I have to say thanks for your concern about the sites situation. Especially RCK for offering hosting and Cody Jarret who PM me about the costs and wants to donate money to avoid permanet closure of the website. I think its a very generous gesture to offer his own hard earned money to keep a website alive. Which leads to the question if somebody else is willing and able to donate.

I had contact with the host yesterday - the amout in question is 68 € (Euro) to be paid at the end of the week (Friday).

Well, asking for money is a delicate matter and personally I feel a bit uncomfortable here, anyway money is what is needed to get the site back online. If someone is willing to spend a few Euros via PayPal for this cause, post the amount you want to donate in this thread and PM me for my PayPal Address.

Thanks in advance.

killergorilla 15 March 2011 10:35

I'm happy to throw £5 in the pot.

I would presume you'd spend the money to get it back online, back it up, then take up RCK on the offer of free hosting?

That way we won't have this situation in another couple of months :)

kametyken 15 March 2011 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by killergorilla (Post 742770)
I'm happy to throw £5 in the pot.

I would presume you'd spend the money to get it back online, back it up, then take up RCK on the offer of free hosting?

That way we won't have this situation in another couple of months :)

That's exactly the plan - rescueing the site and transfer it to a safe haven, yes.
Thanks for your donation, KG.:)

killergorilla 15 March 2011 11:40

Excellent :)

Well here's hoping we can get enough people to donate then.

humble worm 15 March 2011 15:25

I want to donate 10 € for the noble cause :)

bsx 15 March 2011 17:13

interesting, a fan of speedball since b.c ...

Predseda 15 March 2011 19:27

damn, make the paypal address public, there is not much time left!

kametyken 16 March 2011 00:29

10.00€ from Predseda. Děkuij, Jan!

Djay 16 March 2011 01:02

can anyone pm me the email address?

kametyken 16 March 2011 09:22

@djay: you got a PM

Donations (in €) so far...
(amount, donator, status)
  • 20.00 killergorilla received
  • 10.00 Predseda received
  • 10.00 kisiel received
  • 12.25 Cody Jarret received