English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kajko i Kokosz help! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=41609)

NPI 26 December 2008 00:50

Kajko i Kokosz help!

well, if anyone played the game, I got a question:

what to do in the part when you should pick up a branch with the glove? At the beginning kajko says that the glove can be used three times. I used it four times (which even in the walkthrough is written that it should) and at the place with the branch I can't take it (the solution says I should take it with that glove).

what to do?

Shoonay 26 December 2008 01:01

I don't remember the part you're currently in but I'm sure someone who played it might help.
What does the solution say about it?

NPI 26 December 2008 01:32

use the glove to take the branch

then use your whistle with kajko[ to call someone.

there is no way to take the branch. and if i whistle it doesn't work.

s2325 26 December 2008 01:52

I think Kokosz should take the branch, not Kajko

NPI 26 December 2008 08:38

no, that won't do.

I can only assume that the glove should not be used when helping the little monster (Pokey) a bit ago...

Shoonay 26 December 2008 09:08

IMHO you did everything correctly.
Remember this is *just* an adventure game, and those are usually linear, IMHO it's all part of the scenario that you can't do it...
Still, we're missing something and I've no idea what this could be...

What did the characters say about the glove's limits?
I remember there was a dialog between them at that part... or was that in the comix?... :blased

mailman 26 December 2008 11:09

There is also the possibility that NPI uses wrong version of the game. Shoonay, you should remember that there was a version of this game which was broken in this particular moment. On PPA you will find proper version which is free of this bug.

Shoonay 26 December 2008 11:16

Yeah, I remember that, but I figured he uses the version we translated that we got from PPA... or did we? :blased
... or did HE?!? :crazy

mailman 26 December 2008 11:38

You have to ask DonAdam which version did he deliver to us for translation. I know that polish version which is on PPA is bug free (or at least should be - I remember replacing the images some time ago)

NPI 26 December 2008 12:31

I'll wrote down all I did in the game soon...

Shoonay 26 December 2008 14:22

You could upload your save disk too, with the situation you're describing and some steps before.
Maybe I'll have a look on the version from PPA and the one we translated when the level of my boredom will reach the highest point... ;)

NPI 26 December 2008 20:28

okay I zoned the saves (uss files that is).

works with AGA config

the first save is outside the village (just before you kick the guards with the glove)
the second save is just before you enter the chariot (after this, you can't comeback into the woods, glove is used twice by then)
the third is at the place of the branch (glove used 4 times!)

s2325 26 December 2008 20:36

4 times? It should be used 4 times in whole game, maybe that's why you can not use it anymore.

NPI 26 December 2008 20:41

But I had to. In the solution it says you should use it 5 times:

- with the gards
- with the stone
- with pokey
- with the guy stuyck in the tree
- with the branch

Shoonay 26 December 2008 21:18

@NPI: could you save the game like in the good old days on a save disk and up that? ;)
Like I said I'd like to test it on a different version of the game and WinUAE's saves don't like that nor different configs.

NPI 26 December 2008 22:15

1 Attachment(s)
okay. one save is before the chariot ride and another at the site with the tree (where im supposed to use the glove)

NPI 03 January 2009 01:28

did you tryed it shoonay?

Shoonay 04 January 2009 14:35

Sorry for the delay friend, couldn't do that before on WinUAE due to my gpu dying... and then I was occupied with xmas, new year and playing games ;)
Tried it just now, the problem is - I can't load your save on the suppose-to-be-fixed version from PPA, I get a black screen with both saved games - it loads fine on our translation tho... :(

Just searched some old mags (Secret Service) and indeed you must use the glove 5 times, so, I'm very sad to announce it, the version we translated was the bugged one :crying

I'll contact DonAdan for this, adding the translation to the good-source should be a piece of pie now ;)

Stay tuned! ;)

Shoonay 04 January 2009 20:49

Got a reply from DonAdan, he's a bit cofused now, but almost 60% sure this is the right version.
The problem with this game is, that it has several places that you could get stuck in because of doing something bad in the past.
I don't remember how many, I'm pretty sure one would be with cutting the flower at the very beginning of the game.

You remember the solution you used for the game?
Assuming you've done everything right according to that solution I can for now check it with the one in some of my old mags.
If I will find some differences, that would be good... if not... no, it's too horrible, I'm not going to say it... :blased

I also remember Irek '72 translating a solution just for TCD to play, but did TCD actually play it? ;)

TCD 04 January 2009 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5h00n4y (Post 495340)
I also remember Irek '72 translating a solution just for TCD to play, but did TCD actually play it? ;)

Not very far I must admit :nervous Irek asked me yesterday about the translation and well I knew there was something... ;) I'll continue on this in the next weeks (guess I'm at about 60% already) and let you know when the first version is ready.