English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   AMR suggestions and feedback (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   AMR Pop Quiz Problem (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=69709)

scifi 22 June 2013 10:25

AMR Pop Quiz Problem

I was browsing through HOL's database and I was looking for a review at AMR's section... after a couple of views the anti-bot security system emerged asking me a question that I had to answer in order to continue browsing...
If only I knew the question though... cause there is no question to answer! :confused

Am I thick-headed or is there something more that I should know? :banghead

Please help me out guys with this one... thanks a lot! :)

Amigaspeccy 23 June 2013 11:58

Same problem here.

On all 3 PCs and ipad (win7 64 bit & XP).And all browsers (chrome,IE,Firefox,Opera & Safari).

There is no question to answer & you cant continue to view more pages.

Wasnt like this last time i visited about 2 months ago.If i remember correctly,there were 4 numbers you had to type in - Now there is nothing,except a missing image icon.

scifi 23 June 2013 12:11

Well, a mod informed me that there has been a major update on HOL's database and probably that affected the security question too.. :guru

RCK will give us a reply and hopefully will fix this bug as soon as he is available to do so.
Being the mastermind behind all this wonderful things is never easy, right? :)

Thank you for your participation.. at least I know that I am not the only one having this problem! ;)

Codetapper 23 June 2013 12:16

This is something to do with the abime.net upgrade. For now I've bumped the number up a lot so you should be able to view the pictures without the quiz appearing. Let me know how that goes!

Amigaspeccy 23 June 2013 13:35

Hi,thanks for the quick reply.

Ive just tried again,the box pops up,where the zoomed in image should be...But instead of the image showing i get the message "Please refresh the page to view images",or something along those lines.

I refresh the page and i'm taken back to the blank pop quiz question again.

Ive tried clearing cookies etc.

I will give it another go tomorrow.

scifi 23 June 2013 15:07

Amigaspeccy, the problem is fixed now and it works just fine... I just gave it a try and now you are able to see the question and reply to it... then you can proceed with your viewing... :great

I'd like to thank all the people that made it possible, TCD and RCK of course!
Thanks guys, you ROCK! :bowdown

Amigaspeccy 23 June 2013 18:59

Great,thanks for the update scifi.

And thanks to the people who are responsible for running this exellent site.

Now,back to reading old issues Games-X,that i threw away years ago.(along with all my other Amiga,C64 & Spectrum mags).:banghead

scifi 23 June 2013 19:21

Oh, I know the feeling... I love comics and I lost almost the entirety of them years ago!
Now, I am trying to regain the pace... it's hard to accomplish!
Thank God that I kept my Amiga 500, although the floppy drive is not working properly but that's something that can be easily fixed or replaced!

scifi 29 June 2013 17:29

The authentication problem on AMR is back... now I can see the question and when I reply back with the right answer it doesn't restart the counter... it poses a new question and the procedure is stuck into a vicious circle... could you please take care of it?
Thanks a lot!! :)