English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Coders. C/C++ (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Sdl-1.2.15 (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=87108)

Marlon_ 11 May 2017 04:31

SDL-1.2.15 for RTG testing
 
UPDATE:
I've updated this original post to reflect that the SDL-1.2.15 sources are now available on Github for anyone looking for it in the future.

Sources are available from here:
https://github.com/AmigaPorts/libSDL12

emufan 08 December 2017 18:29

thanks, just missed that. and yes please, share the source code :)

#1) some issues when linking:
Code:

(SDL_systimer.go):SDL_systimer.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_systimer.go):SDL_systimer.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_string.go):SDL_string.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
(SDL_string.go):SDL_string.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
(SDL_string.go):SDL_string.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
(SDL_audio.go):SDL_audio.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
(SDL_cgxvideo.go):SDL_cgxvideo.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_cgxvideo.go):SDL_cgxvideo.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_cgxvideo.go):SDL_cgxvideo.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_cgxvideo.go):SDL_cgxvideo.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_cgxvideo.go):SDL_cgxvideo.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_cgxvideo.go):SDL_cgxvideo.go: more undefined references to `_kprintf' follow
(SDL_dummyaudio.go):SDL_dummyaudio.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsisf'
(SDL_cgxmodes.go):SDL_cgxmodes.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_cgximage.go):SDL_cgximage.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_cgximage.go):SDL_cgximage.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_cgximage.go):SDL_cgximage.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_cgximage.go):SDL_cgximage.go: undefined reference to `_kprintf'
(SDL_cgximage.go):SDL_cgximage.go: more undefined references to `_kprintf' follow

kprintf may come from building with assert (non -DNDEBUG), but the float thing i have no clue.

Marlon_ 08 December 2017 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by emufan (Post 1204753)
yes please, share the source code :)



Lol, if I can find it in my mess. :D

emufan 08 December 2017 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_ (Post 1204754)
Lol, if I can find it in my mess. :D

I've also a hard time to not get lost in my source folders :)

this does help for example: libSDL_Marlon.1.2.15.a --> -lSDL_Marlon.1.2.15 :spin

Marlon_ 08 December 2017 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by emufan (Post 1204758)
I've also a hard time to not get lost in my source folders :)



this does help for example: libSDL_Marlon.1.2.15.a --> -lSDL_Marlon.1.2.15 :spin



Yeah, i have like 15 different SDL folders. :P trying to sort it properly now

emufan 08 December 2017 18:51

ok, cool. if you find it, just have a look on those CFLAGS LDFLAGS before you
clear the source code for sharing. i'm curious what may cause the two issues above :)

arti 08 December 2017 21:20

For _kprintf just link -ldebug.

For the other -lm.
I ussualy get it if compiled with -msoft-float.

emufan 08 December 2017 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by arti (Post 1204792)
For _kprintf just link -ldebug.

For the other -lm.
I ussualy get it if compiled with -msoft-float.

thanks, -ldebug fixed the _kprint stuff. still I get the float stuff:
Code:

:SDL_string.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
):SDL_string.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
4):SDL_string.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
:SDL_audio.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
x7e):SDL_dummyaudio.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsisf'

so this needs a special math lib?
using -g -O2 -m68020-40 with gcc 3.4.0 - same with -g -m68020 -m68881

Marlon_ 08 December 2017 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by emufan (Post 1204795)
thanks, -ldebug fixed the _kprint stuff. still I get the float stuff:
Code:

:SDL_string.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
):SDL_string.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
4):SDL_string.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
:SDL_audio.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsidf'
x7e):SDL_dummyaudio.go: undefined reference to `___floatunsisf'

so this needs a special math lib?
using -g -O2 -m68020-40 with gcc 3.4.0 - same with -g -m68020 -m68881

have you tried -lm020 or -lm-020 ? :)

emufan 08 December 2017 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_ (Post 1204796)
have you tried -lm020 or -lm-020 ? :)

both unknown, *hmm*

#1) arti gave me his sdl 1.2.15 - and it does work, excellent stuff.

@arti: please share your sdl version, it's a big improvement over the old one, we are using atm :)

grelbfarlk 09 December 2017 03:10

I'd probably like the source to 1.2.15 if it's not too much trouble.

xboxown 09 December 2017 03:21

arti: please release it to the aminet.net to the public. This will open a gate for more potential sweet ports! We need more ports!! MORE!!!!

grelbfarlk 09 December 2017 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by xboxown (Post 1204850)
arti: please release it to the aminet.net to the public. This will open a gate for more potential sweet ports! We need more ports!! MORE!!!!

What happened to that RPG you were going to make that I'd do the graphics for, that had the sausages (of various varieties) as the only health pickups?

emufan 09 December 2017 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by grelbfarlk (Post 1204848)
I'd probably like the source to 1.2.15 if it's not too much trouble.

no message from arti, so not sure. i'd like to get an ok from him first. :sad

buggs 09 December 2017 15:28

The number of poeple with interest in this particular SDL branch seems to be growing.

So in response, here is the current state

https://github.com/HenrykRichter/libSDL12_Amiga68k

If anyone would like to lend a hand cleaning up the code that went through many hands, I'd happily accept.

Marlon_ 09 December 2017 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggs (Post 1204901)
The number of poeple with interest in this particular SDL branch seems to be growing.

So in response, here is the current state

https://github.com/HenrykRichter/libSDL12_Amiga68k

If anyone would like to lend a hand cleaning up the code that went through many hands, I'd happily accept.

Yay! I suppose this is the AMMX-SDL version? :)

EDIT: Yes. Yes it is!

emufan 09 December 2017 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggs (Post 1204901)
So in response, here is the current state

thanks to all involved :great

Marlon_ 10 December 2017 16:42

UPDATE:
I've updated this original post to reflect that the SDL-1.2.15 sources are now available on Github for anyone looking for it in the future.

Sources are available from here:
https://github.com/AmigaPorts/libSDL12

emufan 20 December 2017 15:43

I try to build the AMMX version --> Makefile.bax using gcc6:
Code:

video/amigaos/SDL_cgxvideo.c:34:23: error: expected identifier or
‘(’ before numeric constant
 #define Apollo_AMMXon 0
                      ^
./video/apollo/apolloammxenable.h:24:22: note: in expansion of macro ‘Apollo_AMMXon’
 extern unsigned char Apollo_AMMXon;
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~


video/amigaos/SDL_cgxvideo.c:
34: #define Apollo_AMMXon 0
35:
36: #include "SDL_config.h"

#1) i did comment out this one:
Code:

34: #define Apollo_AMMXon 0
to
34: // #define Apollo_AMMXon 0

does build, but while linking with gcc3 I get:
Code:

SDL_surface.go: undefined reference to `___memset64'
SDL_surface.go: undefined reference to `___memset64'
SDL_surface.go: undefined reference to `___memset64'
SDL_video.go: undefined reference to `___memset64'
SDL_pixels.go: undefined reference to `___memset64'
SDL_pixels.go: more undefined references to `___memset64' follow

where is this memset64 function?

#4) hmm, well, maybe another "-OX" issue with gcc6?
I've removed "-O3" gcc option from makefile.bax and it does build libSDl which
links just fine with the gcc3 made objects

Hedeon 20 December 2017 17:00

This version identifies itself as 1.2.14 btw. See sdl_version.h


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04492 seconds with 11 queries