English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cracked games missing stuff... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=88891)

Galahad/FLT 05 October 2017 17:07

Cracked games missing stuff...

OK, so i'm on a bit of a completionist run at the moment, sorting out some old titles that back in the day were single filed and had stuff removed.

You know the type i'm talking about, compilations with 4+ single filed games on them, but stuff was removed whether it be publisher logos, loading screens, intros and only the game was included.

So, feel free to give me a list of everything that was hacked to pieces if you can, typically anything by Il Scuro of Defjam is a culprit, and this is mostly only going to apply to earlier games.

DamienD 05 October 2017 17:48

You've already done some that I've noticed and requested i.e. Zoom!

...and Flashtro have done others i.e. Thunderboy

I'll have a think of others that need the "Galahad" treatment ;)

s2325 05 October 2017 19:14

As a kid I had Shadow of the Beast 2 intro missing wizard into bird transformation animation.
Alpha Flight - Compacted Disk No. 166 (1989)(Alpha Flight) - Airball - errors in color palette
Another Nice Packing (1988)(Band) - Starglider 2 - no music
Arcade Classics (1990)(Bithead Technologies)(PAL)(Disk 1 of 2) - Cabaret Asteroids - no title screen
Astronut & Wise Man - Megapack 10 (1990)(Valhalla - Skid Row) - Advanced Fruit Machine Simulator - no title screen
Astronut & Wise Man - Megapack 24 (1990)(Valhalla) - Silhouette - no music
Bamiga Pack #1 (198x)(Bamiga Sector One) - 3D Pool - no intro or title screen, Tech - no title screen

DamienD 05 October 2017 19:45

I don't think there's any point in mentioning games which already have full versions available i.e:

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2325 (Post 1189958)
As a kid I had Shadow of the Beast 2 intro missing wizard into bird transformation animation.
Arcade Classics (1990)(Bithead Technologies)(PAL)(Disk 1 of 2) - Cabaret Asteroids - no title screen

DamienD 26 December 2017 14:40

...not really the correct category but I'll put it here anyway ;)

One of my pet hates is when crackers / groups bastardised important game screens with rubbish :banghead :banghead :banghead

In my WinUAE collection of 2290+ games; here are 2 of the worst:

Legends of Valour (original):

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...r1993U_002.png

Legends of Valour (hacked):

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...r1993U_001.png

Ziriax (original):

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...he3001_002.png

Ziriax (hacked):

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...st3FSN_001.png

I've managed to "fix" Legends of Valour by copying the original file from the .IPF --> .ADF :great

Unfortunately with Ziriax I can't do this as the game is Non-DOS :crying

So, Galahad (or anyone else), could you possibly apply the original Ziriax title screen to this file for me?

Ziriax (1990)(Software Business)[cr Black Monks][t +3 FSN].adf

kamelito 26 December 2017 21:50

@Galahad
Il Scuro was my fav back in the day, I was doing one parts because of it's job.
Kamelito

Galahad/FLT 28 December 2017 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1207906)
...not really the correct category but I'll put it here anyway ;)

One of my pet hates is when crackers / groups bastardised important game screens with rubbish :banghead :banghead :banghead

In my WinUAE collection of 2290+ games; here are 2 of the worst:

Ziriax (hacked):

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...st3FSN_001.png

I've managed to "fix" Legends of Valour by copying the original file from the .IPF --> .ADF :great

Unfortunately with Ziriax I can't do this as the game is Non-DOS :crying

So, Galahad (or anyone else), could you possibly apply the original Ziriax title screen to this file for me?

Ziriax (1990)(Software Business)[cr Black Monks][t +3 FSN].adf

Ziriax really needs a complete new crack. The Tarkus Team crack is for the pre-release of the game, and the Black Monks crack has a few elements missing and also isn't cracked 100% as it crashes everytime at the end of level 3.

The problem is, Ziriax is such a piss poor game, i'm not sure its worth the effort. Sure the programmer can throw lots of shit around the screen, but its so damned hard to avoid everything that its not a pleasure to play at all.

DamienD 28 December 2017 14:07

Yeah, noticed that the Tarkus Team cracks are for the pre-release of the game.

Didn't notice the Black Monks crack has a few elements missing and also isn't cracked 100% though as I haven't played it long enough :p

ross 28 December 2017 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1208273)
Ziriax really needs a complete new crack. The Tarkus Team crack is for the pre-release of the game, and the Black Monks crack has a few elements missing and also isn't cracked 100% as it crashes everytime at the end of level 3.

The problem is, Ziriax is such a piss poor game, i'm not sure its worth the effort. Sure the programmer can throw lots of shit around the screen, but its so damned hard to avoid everything that its not a pleasure to play at all.

I agree with Galahad, Black Monks crack is a mess.
Not only crash on level >=3 but the extro is overwritten by trainer code..

I'm on the way of re-crack it, rewrite the loader, fix a few bugs and make a better trainer mode.

It will take me some time but I will finish it.
Stay tuned ;)

DamienD 28 December 2017 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1208316)

I'm on the way of re-crack it, rewrite the loader, fix a few bugs and make a better trainer mode.

Stay tuned ;)

Look forward to it ross :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

Galahad/FLT 28 December 2017 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1208316)

Stay tuned ;)

You're welcome to it, all I require is a greet :)

As soon as I saw it was 'cracked' by Gadler, It rang alarm bells. This was the same guy that 'cracked' a version of Kick Off 2 without removing all the checksums ! :/

StingRay 28 December 2017 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1208320)
As soon as I saw it was 'cracked' by Gadler, It rang alarm bells. This was the same guy that 'cracked' a version of Kick Off 2 without removing all the checksums ! :/

He was more demo coder (and not a bad one!) than cracker. And "cracking" Kick Off 2 without removing checksums was something quite a few people "achieved". :)

Galahad/FLT 28 December 2017 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 1208322)
He was more demo coder (and not a bad one!) than cracker. And "cracking" Kick Off 2 without removing checksums was something quite a few people "achieved". :)

Thats the thing, you would literally have to not playtest the game at all to not at least discover one checksum because of the way they triggered, from memory, you can't even complete one game before one triggers.

And I should have been more clear, when I said he didn't remove all, from memory, he removed none! :laughing

StingRay 28 December 2017 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1208323)
Thats the thing, you would literally have to not playtest the game at all to not at least discover one checksum because of the way they triggered, from memory, you can't even complete one game before one triggers.

You can play a little while before "random" crashes occur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1208323)
And I should have been more clear, when I said he didn't remove all, from memory, he removed none! :laughing

Still, he was not the only one who produced a rubbish KO2 "crack". Paralamia anyone?

DamienD 28 December 2017 17:49

Might as well add this one in from Hipoonios longplays thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipoonios (Post 1196025)
9. Black Shadow **This needs fixing. The ending does not load even using IPF images!** - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOPN2G7J0LE

Galahad/FLT 08 January 2018 17:27

Bump, must be more than this!

DamienD 08 January 2018 18:13

Haven't tested myself, but apparently all TOSEC versions of Mike the Magic Dragon are faulty in some way...

Thing is though, there is an .IPF but it's not public. dlfrsilver has it but won't share so...

ross 08 January 2018 20:49

I'm back to Ziriax (after holiday) and [his] engine is really good!
If [the original developers used it properly] it could be a massive bullet-hell shmup.

I'll make a trainer +5 (the +3 FNS is a fake, is really a +2).
Found a way to use a little more powerful power-up.
Also used a better 'invincibility' than whd version (annoying with all the blink).
Moreover two other patch in whd version are bad implemented...

Be patient, next days i'm a bit busy :rolleyes

Galahad/FLT 08 January 2018 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1210682)
I'm back to Ziriax (after holiday) and engine is really good!
If proper used it could be a massive bullet-hell shmup.

I'll make a trainer +5 (the +3 FNS is a fake, is really a +2).
Found a way to use a little more powerful power-up.
Also used a better 'invincibility' than whd version (annoying with all the blink).
Moreover two other patch in whd version are bad implemented...

Be patient, next days i'm a bit busy :rolleyes

Wasn't aimed at you ;)

I'm doing a new series of comp disks, so i'm keen to find as many butchered versions as possible and redo them. Ziriax wouldn't be suitable for a comp anyway as its at least 700K of data ;)

DamienD 08 January 2018 22:48

Nice one ross :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

Take your time, no rush my friend ;)